IGNORED

top manager needed now

leader

45 minutes ago, desert said:

It's really not that difficult a concept. Manger inept.....al other conversation about improving desperate performance and results futile until the cause of our situation changes. In response to a post complaining that people keep bringing every topic back to the subject of our manager and whether he should stay in his job. Clearer now?

You miss my point. But never mind.

2 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

You do love to sensationalise posts don't you plus best perormances in 20 years in midfield? Totally disagree... Hartley, Elliot gave better performances in midfield IMO both were instrumental in one way or another.

I don't expect you to agree. I could say we play in red shirts and you would disagree. 

I'm telling you what I think,that's what I posted it for, I stand by my 20 year quote, the bloke was outstanding. You couldn't see it though, strange that!! 

We had thread after thread about how good G'ON earlier in the season, plenty of people felt he was the leader on the pitch and the classy experienced midfielder we desperately needed.

Infact, the manager himself said that G'ON was brought in to be 'his' manager on the pitch. G'ON's injuries coincided with our collapse.

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I don't expect you to agree. I could say we play in red shirts and you would disagree. 

I'm telling you what I think,that's what I posted it for, I stand by my 20 year quote, the bloke was outstanding. You couldn't see it though, strange that!! 

We had thread after thread about how good G'ON earlier in the season, plenty of people felt he was the leader on the pitch and the classy experienced midfielder we desperately needed.

Infact, the manager himself said that G'ON was brought in to be 'his' manager on the pitch. G'ON's injuries coincided with our collapse.

Who is G'ON ?

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

No idea - do you? What I do know is that Mr  Hargreaves comes across as very very sharp.

Therefore I believe it was SL''s good fortune to have a partner like Mr Hargreaves rather than a genius for recruiting good managers.

With respect it's an absurd comparison anyway. If Mr Lansdown ran HL like BS he would still be operating out of a spare room in Clifton. 

Fair enough. I think it's obvious that both Hargreaves and Lansdown are incredibly astute businessmen when it comes to financial services, but I just don't think that SL would be so very different when it comes to running his football club. By that I mean I can't believe he would only be interested in 'yes men' when it comes to choosing a manager. He's obviously made some questionable appointments but I don't think that's because they were 'yes men.' Guess we'll never know.

Whenever it comes about, there will obviously be huge interest in his next appointment of manager of Bristol City. Experience of managing in this division is an absolute must. He's shown admirable financial support to LJ - it would just be great if he'd invest in a solid, proven manager too. 

But then it's his money, and I wouldn't dream of telling him how to spend it, I can just hope!

32 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Well he is available. But you'd be an utter fool to hire him.

Why? 

Talks a lot of sense, does well in the transfer market, done well at Rangers.  Not saying he's my choice, but just trying to understand the 'utter fool....' comment

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Why? 

Talks a lot of sense, does well in the transfer market, done well at Rangers.  Not saying he's my choice, but just trying to understand the 'utter fool....' comment

Agree Dave

Wouldnt be one I'd rush at , not sure why not , just don't see him for us , but his record is very good IMO

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fair enough.

It's why he left Brentford.  Brentford got all the flack for "sacking Warburton" who'd done such a good job for them.

The press said the owner was a mad man etc.

Turns out Warburton and McParland's record on signings didn't turn out so great for Rangers. Meanwhile Brentford still seem to be doing ok punching above their weight in this league and selling on players for huge profits.

Don't want him anywhere near my club.

7 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Turns out Warburton and McParland's record on signings didn't turn out so great for Rangers...

He won the Scottish Championship title in his first season taking them back to the top tier where they belong. Also won the Scottish Challenge Cup in his first season and took Rangers to the Scottish Cup Final. That "didn't turn out so great"??!!

Archived