IGNORED

top manager needed now

leader

ive been watching the reds for 50 odd years  after watching the game yesterday  im sorry to say we need a change now not the summer it was just awful, get a seasoned manager in please, there is some good players in our squad  someone needs to bring it out of um

10 minutes ago, leader said:

ive been watching the reds for 50 odd years  after watching the game yesterday  im sorry to say we need a change now not the summer it was just awful, get a seasoned manager in please, there is some good players in our squad  someone needs to bring it out of um

I don't reckon it will be this season - it would have happened before the cup game if he was going to be replaced 

Big dilemma now is IF SL does pull the trigger in the next few weeks what sort of Head Coach do we appoint

One to,carry on the project with a long term view ( Hoddle would be high on my short list in that case) - Usually these type of coaches may have a limited immediate impact / short term effect which is what we need right now IMO (I would assume this would be the type we'd look for)

Or do we go for someone to get us out the ***** who may have an immediate impact / short term effect but won't necessarily fit any long term project (I'm struggling to think of an obvious , available choice atm :shutup: 

I guess the obvious target would be Rowett who has hinted in his career to date that he can do a bit of both , he appeals to me more than LJ but not totally convinced

We have got ourselves trapped down an alley IMO and are leaving / possibly have left , it too late to a stage where any change will have a limited chance of turning this around

In an ideal world things will start to click with the current set up , but for the life of me , on all the evidence available I just can't see it

One hell of a dilemma now , and IMO an almighty mess

Pardew comes to mind not that I am that excited about him or I think he would take us seriously. Certainly has bags of experience at Premiership level and relatively successful until recently at Palace. And Rowett has more experience at this level. Kenny Jackett was doing just fine with Wolves & won them promotion. There are options but whether they would come to the mess we are currently in is questionable. At least the set-up is more stable than Forest but they see to have turned around their form under their caretaker manager. Sound familiar???

Can't help but think of SC sitting at home still collecting his payoff, smiling a smug smile to himself as he sees what a right Royal mess LJ & SL are making of things...

8 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Pardew comes to mind not that I am that excited about him or I think he would take us seriously. Certainly has bags of experience at Premiership level and relatively successful until recently at Palace. And Rowett has more experience at this level. Kenny Jackett was doing just fine with Wolves & won them promotion. There are options but whether they would come to the mess we are currently in is questionable. At least the set-up is more stable than Forest but they see to have turned around their form under their caretaker manager. Sound familiar???

Can't help but think of SC sitting at home still collecting his payoff, smiling a smug smile to himself as he sees what a right Royal mess LJ & SL are making of things...

I should take a closer look at Pardew's record. Short bursts of good results, long runs without wins. Spent big money at Palace in the summer, now in relegation trouble. Exactly what LJ has done in fact.

Plus  large salary and equally large ego and regu!ar!y embarrasses his clubs with his behaviour.

Not likely to be SL's no. 1 choice I suspect.

But he is famous, which seems to be the main criterion for many fans so who knows?;)

We need - in my humble opinion - not someone who is "famous", although they'd most likely be "known", but someone who has achieved stability at this level and then taken a club forward, ideally got them promoted from the Championship or a similar league in another country. We need experience of success at this level and the confidence that will give what I consider a very talented group of players. It's precisely what LJ doesn't have, it's precisely what Cotts did have when appointed to take a side out of League One.

LJ wont be sacked before the end of the season, which means im depressingly 95% certain we will be relegated, which means we should get Kenny Jackett as he will more or less guarantee us top 6 in the division below which is what we will need as the current squad will be broken up completely with the vast majority heading to championship teams or abroad which means starting from ground zero again in a ridiculously empty stadium.

If by some miracle we survive by the skin of our teeth then bin this fraud, the money he has spent anywhere below 15th should result in dismissal and be seen as an epic failure considering the talent we have and a future england international leading the line (btw i would bite off anyones hand to finish 21st) then, do everything in our power to get Mark Warburton and promise him the exact same support LJ has undeservedly had.

19 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

We need - in my humble opinion - not someone who is "famous", although they'd most likely be "known", but someone who has achieved stability at this level and then taken a club forward, ideally got them promoted from the Championship or a similar league in another country. We need experience of success at this level and the confidence that will give what I consider a very talented group of players. It's precisely what LJ doesn't have, it's precisely what Cotts did have when appointed to take a side out of League One.

Mick Mcarthy then........:whistle:

19 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Steve Clarke.

We need a coach and someone who has been assistant at Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa and managed a side that was never in danger of going down in our league (Reading) is a solid choice.

In truth though in response to the moronic "who?" comment I can think of at least ten better realistic options than LJ, some of who are in work at present, some are not.

1 hour ago, leader said:

Yesterday was never going to be pretty with the way we set up. Rotherham, bloody Rotherham mind!!

LJ will keep his job till the end of the season . Get a few big signings in the summer and we'll all forget this?!

1 hour ago, leader said:

The bloke is totally clueless and with Derby Leeds Villa Newcastle all away fixtures and with no return hopefully he will be gone

Sadly if we lose all four it may be to late to save our championship status 

23 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

LJ wont be sacked before the end of the season, which means im depressingly 95% certain we will be relegated, which means we should get Kenny Jackett as he will more or less guarantee us top 6 in the division below which is what we will need as the current squad will be broken up completely with the vast majority heading to championship teams or abroad which means starting from ground zero again in a ridiculously empty stadium.

If by some miracle we survive by the skin of our teeth then bin this fraud, the money he has spent anywhere below 15th should result in dismissal and be seen as an epic failure considering the talent we have and a future england international leading the line (btw i would bite off anyones hand to finish 21st) then, do everything in our power to get Mark Warburton and promise him the exact same support LJ has undeservedly had.

Agree he's not going anywhere. Would be more interesting if we were in the relegation places . At the moment we are safe , at the end of the month maybe not. Think we will stay up. 

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

The bloke is totally clueless and with Derby Leeds Villa Newcastle all away fixtures and with no return hopefully he will be gone

Sadly if we lose all four it may be to late to save our championship status 

Just can't see us getting a point at any of this places.  But there will those on here who say that with have high expectations if we think we can get results at these clubs , which I take their point but what we needed to do was to win a few home between October and now and not relay on on getting points from these games.

So I think you right he should be gone if we don't pick up any points in the next 4 games the excuses will be made about the quality of the opposition and that way he will keep his job.

7 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

All these threads just end up merging into one. Why not just have ONE Lee Johnson thread?

And one Bristol City players and matches thread. And the Bristol Rovers thread. And a transfers thread. Really we only need four threads; let's make this The Big Merge Sunday mods, no slacking!

55 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I should take a closer look at Pardew's record. Short bursts of good results, long runs without wins. Spent big money at Palace in the summer, now in relegation trouble. Exactly what LJ has done in fact.

Plus  large salary and equally large ego and regu!ar!y embarrasses his clubs with his behaviour.

Not likely to be SL's no. 1 choice I suspect.

But he is famous, which seems to be the main criterion for many fans so who knows?;)

I have a good friend who's a Palace fan and he reckons if City appointed Pardew it will be a disaster in more ways than one, causing more internal problems within the club etc.

I don't think he'll come here anyway, he probably has more loftier ambitions

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

There's a good article in the Sunday Times today about Championship managers showing that the most successful clubs are those that give their managers a minimum of two years in the job, whereas the ones that keep chopping and changing generally get worse

Continuity is always good but you need to sometimes realise that inaction will cost you far more than action.

As I don't subscribe to The Times I can't read the article but I would guess that it would be an AVERAGE tenure of over two years that makes for a more successful club rather than a minimum.

I can't say that I've disagreed with any of our recent sackings in retrospect; though I didn't agree with them all at the time.

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

He isn't going anywhere...fans need to start realising this. He really isn't. It's time to accept it, whether you like it or not.

As for what the OP implied...you've watched City for over 50 years...when have City ever employed a manager that you've asked for?

If he isn't going anywhere, I think the fans might be

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Continuity is always good but you need to sometimes realise that inaction will cost you far more than action.

As I don't subscribe to The Times I can't read the article but I would guess that it would be an AVERAGE tenure of over two years that makes for a more successful club rather than a minimum.

I can't say that I've disagreed with any of our recent sackings in retrospect; though I didn't agree with them all at the time.

No, it's saying minimum not average and giving examples such as Burnley, Bournemouth and Middlesbrough who have all been promoted

Archived