IGNORED

does anyone actually want LJ to stay?

cheshire_red

1 minute ago, iamsober said:

Yes

the only reason I haven't responded before is that I am sick of reading all the negative comments. If he is replaced and this forum is not happy with the replacement it will be the same old stuff. This forum is not happy unless they can moan. You look back a previous managers we have had and you can read the same old cr.p.

21 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I'm not a fan of changing managers and even I think if we lose to Burton one a of must win run of 3 games he's got to go.

Burton - Win (6 Pointer)
Norwich - Win (Got to win, though will be hard)
Wigan - Win (6 Pointer)

someone who hasn't given up

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Indeed I was mate...and it wasn't a 'Dig' as you put it, about other fans...that's how you've read it I'm afraid. :-)

I have however, read this forum and participated in it for a long time...I have enjoyed the debate.

It has however, become increasingly hostile, toxic, vitriolic and a very negative place.

I understand 'passion' and 'concerns'...but I've seen some very placid and reasoned posters become very angry on here, and very quick to temper and jump down others throats, when they don't agree with what the other person is saying....I've been guilty of it myself.

Hence the step back...and having a rethink as to why I bother, and why let it get to me.

How can I put it in layman's terms...it's a bit like going into your favourite local every evening, and sharing a couple pints with like minded friends. We have debate and it's fun and relaxing. Then the Landlord changes, and he starts to alter things in the pub. What was once a friendly boozer for locals, now has music blaring, fruit machines, sky sports on every wall, and all of a sudden a bunch of noisy delinquents start frequenting the place, and abusing everyone within earshot. Some of your friends start having a go back, and it all gets rather silly. What was once your favourite place to hangout...has now become a place you've got accustomed to frequenting everyday, but you no longer enjoy it. Your friends start to drift off...other friends say to you 'why do you bother with that place...it's full of mental people'...and then you start to question everything.

Of course I want City to do well...but do I care as much anymore...no. And tbh, it's probably hanging out on here that's made me feel that way. When at the ground and with mates actually watching the game, it's a different scenario.

I've stopped posting so much...not because of the situation with results etc, but because it has become a pack mentality and so very negative on here. It's not fun anymore...I like the reasoned debates, but they are few and far between these days. Or get's infiltrated by some knob who just wants to vent his spleen.

When I go to the pub, do I want to argue, feel depressed, want to knock the block off the annoying teenager getting pissy and loud in the corner?...no. Do I sit back to myself and just chuckle at it all?...definitely. Do I spend less time worrying and caring about it all?...right now... Yes.

You'll relate to this...having a father that has supported the Club since the late 40's...and seeing him frail and with various health issues...and seeing how much the City results play a part to his day to day wellbeing and frame of mind, and his mood...it got me thinking...'Do I want to be like that?'

The answer I came to is no.

Apathy for the Club, as a supporter, might be something it doesn't want. But tbh, the 'Club' are only interested in me or any supporter come to that, for our money. Everything else is by the by. We may have it in our blood and feel passionate...but I've decided not to let it get me down anymore. There are far more enjoyable things in the world to get involved with.

Do I ever want to be in my old age saying...'I wish I'd spent less time worrying about the City and their results?'

I remember reading a post a while back...I think it was from 'Marinas Rolls Royce'...where he said he'd gone to watch Wales v England in the Rugby, and spent the entire game looking at his phone to see what our score was...so much so, that his battery died. I thought to myself...Jeeeeez...I'm like that. Nuts when you think about it. Can't enjoy a day out at a great occasion, because you're worried about the City scores...it takes over your life and stops you enjoying other things.

So it made me think...a bit of balance is needed.

Round of golf on the weekend...and a trip to Italy the next...where I'll catch a Serie B game for my football fix... and I'm sure I'll catch up with our results along the way. But am I going to let it bother me any more...most definitely not  ;-)

What a post. 

Normally my posts of the day are ones that I find amusing or witty. But for actually making me think and realise something (actually got a little choked too), you Mr Ski, win Peg's post of the day. Take a well earned bow.

:clap::worship2:

4 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Why the start with 'finker'? Does it make you feel better? Do you want a pat on the head by your mates for such a 'cutting start to your post'? If there was a pat on the head emoji, I'd have put it here.

Well my post posed genuine questions but after the first paragraph I stopped reading as it said all I needed to know

You are a precious little soul aren't you , bless

59 minutes ago, iamsober said:

the only reason I haven't responded before is that I am sick of reading all the negative comments. If he is replaced and this forum is not happy with the replacement it will be the same old stuff. This forum is not happy unless they can moan. You look back a previous managers we have had and you can read the same old cr.p.

Or we could do something radical and appoint someone who isn't as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

4 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Why the start with 'finker'? Does it make you feel better? Do you want a pat on the head by your mates for such a 'cutting start to your post'? If there was a pat on the head emoji, I'd have put it here.

Well my post posed genuine questions but after the first paragraph I stopped reading as it said all I needed to know

Ahhhh well

You are a precious little soul aren't you , bless

Call me soft-headed and naive if you like, but I also desperately want LJ to get through this dire period of results. I believe in loyalty, and although I must confess that during the Fulham match I did detect a slight wobble in my support for him I couldn't place all the blame onto him. After all he wasn't actually on the pitch at the time. At the moment we're still outside the bottom three (albeit on goal difference). If we fail to beat Burton and other clubs start to pick up points at our expense then I may well shift my opinion to waving him goodbye. However, if City get through this and maintain Championship status; I hope that Johnson breathes a massive sigh of relief, learns from his errors, and prepares for a more vigorous campaign next season.

Whatever happens, I will still buy a season ticket, and be sat in the Dolman cheering on the boys, through thick and thin. As, no doubt will most of you!....

I agree with finker. It hurts. Whether you're Lansdown or a fan some of us have always believed. When people know you're dedicated they ask you at work in the pub, everywhere.about the club. Some are genuine some are taking the p. But you keep going. Football is about opinions few of us including me know what happens on the practice ground or dressing room ..if he goes or stays or if we go down it will disappoint fans. After 63 years watching from boys enclosure to chairman's Club and back to the terraces I'm a City fan I will always believe!

i

7 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

No, granted they don't have hindsight on their side - but the world and their dog sensed that Lee Johnson was a bad choice, and so it's proved to be. And even they did have the benefit of hindsight (ie when Johnson's shortcomings started to be exposed), they extended his contract. A mind-boggling decision.

Whilst I know it didn't seem right for us and quite a few of us thought this... What if he was the next Eddie Howe and SL let the chance go.  Football and life in general can sometimes rely on luck.  Would Bournemouth be where they are now without Eddie Howe?  He could of gone got another job in a prem team or high champ team when he went back to them.  

I do agree that the contract extension was a ridiculous decision though. It was  ss if Flint was getting a new contract and the club thought let's save some ink and give Johnson another year too! 

If Johnson stays, City's going down, City's going down, City's going down. If Johnson stays, City's going down, City's going down, City's going down...Woooaaahhh woooaaahhhooo waahooo wahooooo....

If Johnson stays, City's going down, City's going down, City's going down. If Johnson stays, City's going down, City's going down, City's going down...Woooaaahhh woooaaahhhooo waahooo wahooooo....

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

To the tune of 'Sailing' by Rod Stewart?

There is an amazing few hours in this thread where you can see what kind of thoughts can come out if they're not instantly attacked. Lots of great, honest posts.

I was thinking, maybe the hyenas have calmed down, or gone off to have their dinner.

Then I read the last 10 or so posts and realised their back and the interesting, honest posters will disappear again, because it's just not worth the fight.

OTIB is a better place for hearing every voice. 

I enjoyed the end of last season, but in all honesty I've only seen one decent 45 minutes this season - 2nd half v Villa (h). 

I only have to remember my thoughts after the games against PNE, Brentford, Cardiff,Reading ,Rotherham & Fulham to realise that were not a good team. 

I don't attend away games to often now but they seem equally inept. 

I think employing a Coach/Manager who knows how to motivate and get the best from his squad is essential as this seems some what lacking this season. 

The bloke currently employed in that role seems a decent chap, talks well but his mistakes have led to defeat after defeat. I like to give a chap a good chance but his successor needs time to fix things, supporters need some hope and the owner needs to keep his whole infrastructure from falling apart. 

Get on the phone to Roy Hodgson or Harry Redknapp tomorrow Mr L . If they can't be persuaded ask Gary O'Neil . 

1 minute ago, redapple said:

I enjoyed the end of last season, but in all honesty I've only seen one decent 45 minutes this season - 2nd half v Villa (h). 

I only have to remember my thoughts after the games against PNE, Brentford, Cardiff,Reading ,Rotherham & Fulham to realise that were not a good team. 

I don't attend away games to often now but they seem equally inept. 

I think employing a Coach/Manager who knows how to motivate and get the best from his squad is essential as this seems some what lacking this season. 

The bloke currently employed in that role seems a decent chap, talks well but his mistakes have led to defeat after defeat. I like to give a chap a good chance but his successor needs time to fix things, supporters need some hope and the owner needs to keep his whole infrastructure from falling apart. 

Get on the phone to Roy Hodgson or Harry Redknapp tomorrow Mr L . If they can't be persuaded ask Gary O'Neil . 

Pretty much spot on. We've been awful all season, including (often) when we've won games.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

There is an amazing few hours in this thread where you can see what kind of thoughts can come out if they're not instantly attacked. Lots of great, honest posts.

I was thinking, maybe the hyenas have calmed down, or gone off to have their dinner.

Then I read the last 10 or so posts and realised their back and the interesting, honest posters will disappear again, because it's just not worth the fight.

OTIB is a better place for hearing every voice. 

Yep, when the people capable of intelligent, eloquent, thought provoking discussion regardless of their view get involved the forum is all the better for it.

Unfortunately then the children decide to get involved. 

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, when the people capable of intelligent, eloquent, thought provoking discussion regardless of their view get involved the forum is all the better for it.

Unfortunately then the children decide to get involved. 

I should be careful what I say because i've been involved in a few 'childish' arguments myself on here. :whistle:  

But sometimes i've had to lower myself to their level to be heard......:ph34r: :redcard:

Just now, RedLionLad said:

Does anyone think that by not sacking Johnson on our worst run of results ever kind of makes Cotterill's sacking a bit of a mockery?

Not really. SC was an increasingly loose canon on and off the pitch. Relations broke down with the board and he wasn't onside ultimately with elements of the way SL wanted to run the club. Plus:

Stubbornly sticking to 5-3-2.

(The fight with the fans. The summer transfer dealings/strategy. :whistle2:)

The not wanting to play any youth players and not even filling the bench on occasions. 

43 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Not really. SC was an increasingly loose canon on and off the pitch. Relations broke down with the board and he wasn't onside ultimately with elements of the way SL wanted to run the club. Plus:

Stubbornly sticking to 5-3-2.

(The fight with the fans. The summer transfer dealings/strategy. :whistle2:)

The not wanting to play any youth players and not even filling the bench on occasions. 

Gary Johnson was also sacked when we were in a better position than we are now in the Championship.

15 hours ago, spudski said:

That's exactly the same way as I feel...however, I still think it's 50-50 as to whether we will go down.

I think the biggest difference for me these days...is if we go down...do I care?...not really. I've become apathetic. Was quiet good fun in League 1. I also enjoy watching footy at FGR's...it's about the day out for me, not so much the result or where we are in the league.

Football is my hobby...something that's meant to be fun and relaxing. When it's starts effecting how you feel every day, then you know, imo, it's time to reflect a little.

You've only got to read this forum to see how many people are frustrated, angry, unhappy...they post every day. The same things...frustration jumping at you from the screens. I know some spend a lot of time on here, because of 'situations' in their day to day lives, and they have this as an outlet. It becomes all consuming in their lives...it takes over. The Club and the results have a massive effect on some peoples lives it seems.

Of course like anyone I want the Club to do it's best and be successful...however...City and following them, and watching other football Clubs, and taking an interest in coaching and all parts of the game...it's purely a past time, an interest....I'm not going to allow it to get to me.

I see fans with very little money and some who can't afford to go to games, get so involved in following the Club and letting it effect them. What's the point if it makes you angry and frustrated so much? So what if we were to ever win the Championship...what do 'bragging rights' give you in the big picture of your life? Is a Man Utd or Chelsea fans life any better than someone who follows Tranmere for example...or any other Club?

I sat at the Bristol v Bath game on Sunday and just let it wash over me...I do the same when I go to watch GCCC play....chill out with mates, have a few beers, bit of banter, maybe an Indian....and just watch the game.

I thought on Sunday...I should be more like this when watching City. What's the point in getting frustrated.

SL's a multi millionaire...the players get paid thousands, it's a job to them. Do they sit at home or work going mental? I doubt it. I'm a normal bloke paying to watch people at work...it's no longer a Club, it's a business. The results on the field shouldn't really effect how I feel. Granted it's great when you win...but I'm not gonna let it spoil my days anymore.

I'm embracing apathy...haha ;-)

This is a good post. 

Not least because of the revelation of your apathy.

Finally an explanation of your otherwise unfathomable backing of Lee Johnson and, I seem to recall, O'Driscoll before him.

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

I hope he's sacked asap, gets a shite job at a L1/2 club. We stay in the division. Draw said new club in the cup and ******* destroy them 6-0. 

Sounds a bit personal, I want him gone now but wish him well and hope he goes onto have a good career in management. Why the vitriol? 

Archived