IGNORED

does anyone actually want LJ to stay?

cheshire_red

I actually think we should keep Johnson in charge until the summer and then sack him then. He should have gone after the Forest match but once the decision was made to stick with him then we now need to stick until the end of the season.

We won't have time to carry out a proper recruitment process so unless Rowett is swiftly appointed I can't see Pembo getting any more points than LJ.

The villa performance wasn't actually that bad in terms of commitment so you can't say the players aren't playing for him, it's just the lack of tactics, confidence and quality that's really frustrating! 

A new manager like get the initial short term bounce but wouldn't have enough time to improve our results imo-it would be like when SOD took over, we would get back to basics but still go down. 

We really should have appointed Warnock, he would have consolidated us as a champ club and the football served up couldn't have been any worse than we have had this season anyway! 

15 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

We won't have time to carry out a proper recruitment process so unless Rowett is swiftly appointed I can't see Pembo getting any more points than LJ.

I don't think Pemberton will stay if LJ goes. Surely it's time for a clean sweep of coaching staff. More likely to see McAllister as caretaker in the short term.

A new manager like get the initial short term bounce but wouldn't have enough time to improve our results imo-it would be like when SOD took over, we would get back to basics but still go down. 

That short term 'bounce' might be all we need. We don't have that many games left really, and an improvement of form over a short term 4 or 5 games might just be the difference between relegation and survival. We are sinking at the moment, granted; there's a slight improvement in recent form - but it's still nowhere near good enough despite the tough teams we've faced recently.

We really should have appointed Warnock, he would have consolidated us as a champ club and the football served up couldn't have been any worse than we have had this season anyway! 

Yep, we'd have been in a better position with Warnock I think. I don't think he's the sort of manager that Bristol Sport would want though.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think Pemberton will stay if LJ goes. Surely it's time for a clean sweep of coaching staff. More likely to see McAllister as caretaker in the short term.

That short term 'bounce' might be all we need. We don't have that many games left really, and an improvement of form over a short term 4 or 5 games might just be the difference between relegation and survival. We are sinking at the moment, granted; there's a slight improvement in recent form - but it's still nowhere near good enough despite the tough teams we've faced recently.

Yep, we'd have been in a better position with Warnock I think. I don't think he's the sort of manager that Bristol Sport would want though.

Yeah, all that winning and shit.

I really like Lee and would love to see him (or any City manager/head coach) exceed our expectations.  Sadly, he must now be on very thin ice and the next couple of games could save or condemn him.  The problem with any new manager coming into a squad that has been built up be someone else, is that we might then see a wholesale trading of players. This could easily cost momentum and detract from the game plan outlined by SL.  At some stage we have to get away form all the hiring and firing and try to be stable.  Lee still looks as if he could be the man - but the time has now come for him  to prove to himself, the fans and SL that he really has the talent to be the "real deal".  I really hope he can do it!

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I really like Lee and would love to see him (or any City manager/head coach) exceed our expectations.  Sadly, he must now be on very thin ice and the next couple of games could save or condemn him.  The problem with any new manager coming into a squad that has been built up be someone else, is that we might then see a wholesale trading of players. This could easily cost momentum and detract from the game plan outlined by SL.  At some stage we have to get away form all the hiring and firing and try to be stable.  Lee still looks as if he could be the man - but the time has now come for him  to prove to himself, the fans and SL that he really has the talent to be the "real deal".  I really hope he can do it!

If you'd written this in October I'd have probably agreed with some of it....but now? Hasn't he had long enough 'to prove himself'? 'The next couple of games could save him..' - hasn't he had long enough and enough games? And you really believe he 'still looks like he could be the man'??!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you'd written this in October I'd have probably agreed with some of it....but now? Hasn't he had long enough 'to prove himself'? 'The next couple of games could save him..' - hasn't he had long enough and enough games? And you really believe he 'still looks like he could be the man'??!

I see your point but Lee is having to embed a great number of new players into the team.  He is having to come to terms with the strengths and weaknesses of the many players that have come into the club in recent months,  If anything, he has been too ambitious and may have done better with a smaller, more tightly knit group. The end of the emergency loan system has been very unhelpful to us over this season.  I just hope we can stay up and build on next season.  Lee has made big mistakes - particularly at right back. Matthews has been a major disappointment and Little has seemed very error prone.  Letting Ayling go to Leeds and Taylor-Moore to Bury on loan, may be the decisions that define our season.  I have everything crossed, but fear that we have to negotiate these next two games in order to have a chance of staying up.

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I see your point but Lee is having to embed a great number of new players into the team.  He is having to come to terms with the strengths and weaknesses of the many players that have come into the club in recent months,  If anything, he has been too ambitious and may have done better with a smaller, more tightly knit group. The end of the emergency loan system has been very unhelpful to us over this season.  I just hope we can stay up and build on next season.  Lee has made big mistakes - particularly at right back. Matthews has been a major disappointment and Little has seemed very error prone.  Letting Ayling go to Leeds and Taylor-Moore to Bury on loan, may be the decisions that define our season.  I have everything crossed, but fear that we have to negotiate these next two games in order to have a chance of staying up.

I actually agree with part of this- the churn of players is too high, was too high- 17 in the space of a year is ludicrous inwards and can screw up momentum, continuity.

We needed to pad out the squad yes and undoubtedly there have been upgrades, but I think keeping Ayling, not bothering with Ekstrand, and possibly Engvall- to say nothing of Cunningham out in summer 2015 and Golbourne in 6 months later. None of it helps, it all contributes. Whether we stay up, even if we stay up I can't help but feel the club squandered a big opportunity from summer 2015, a golden one in fact. Not any individual manager or board member or so on, but the club verbatim.

Does anyone remember the times before the World Wide Interweb???  One might read articles in the Western Daily Press about the club and only have the opportunity to praise / slag off the manager of the day at work with a handful of colleagues, or in the Wedlock Pub on a match day.  Certainly there was no real opportunity for 'organised' Manager Out campaigns - unlike the modern day. The pressure that our current manager is under from the fans in general is mountain sized compared to anything that might have been encountered by Alan Dicks, Bob Houghton and Roy Hodgson.

Back in the day, when City were (regularly as usual) performing like tits out on the pitch, maybe a group of mates in the enclosure would start some verbals aimed towards the home dugout, a few more around them might join in and many old blokes surrounding the 'dissenters' would shout them down.  All pretty harmless stuff and over quite quickly.  

Nowadays though........... through the power of zeros and ones (the younger element may need to look that reference up, mind) I reckon maybe 15-20% of the modern day dissenters (more likely than not members of some sort of City forum) are entering BS3 fully wound up following a period of internet hammering, and more than well-prepared to hound any particular scapegoat of the month.  The result?  Much larger organised groups of fans with ready prepared chants, banners and banter, surrounded by less numbers (in the modern day) of old blokes prepared to try and shout them down.  

For a manager, or a player, having a pi55 poor run of results or form, the modern world is not a place that has any hiding places!

Johnson IN.........Johnson OUT?   To be totally honest, I'm a City supporter with 46 years of mainly disappointing seasons behind me.  So my well informed opinion on this matter is............................ "I dunno".  Whatever the final decision of the Board is, it won't stop me following City, it won't stop me being let down on an annual basis and it will never take away my right to support my wonderful perennial under achievers.

To the 'Johnson In' brigade and the 'Johnson Out' movement, just remember that I LOVE YOU ALL XX CPcMf1lWgAAxLSY.jpg

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sounds a bit personal, I want him gone now but wish him well and hope he goes onto have a good career in management. Why the vitriol? 

Similar to Pulis for me. 

He's taken us through the worst run in the clubs history, constantly said he cares more than the fans, smiled through interviews after games we've lost. Refuses to admit any wrong doing and spouts about how much he loves the club and the city yet is dragging us down whilst refusing to accept his many many errors.

Nothing personal, but wouldn't support him at a new club in the way we boo'd Pulis' Stoke side

4 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

Does anyone remember the times before the World Wide Interweb???  One might read articles in the Western Daily Press about the club and only have the opportunity to praise / slag off the manager of the day at work with a handful of colleagues, or in the Wedlock Pub on a match day.  Certainly there was no real opportunity for 'organised' Manager Out campaigns - unlike the modern day. The pressure that our current manager is under from the fans in general is mountain sized compared to anything that might have been encountered by Alan Dicks, Bob Houghton and Roy Hodgson.

Back in the day, when City were (regularly as usual) performing like tits out on the pitch, maybe a group of mates in the enclosure would start some verbals aimed towards the home dugout, a few more around them might join in and many old blokes surrounding the 'dissenters' would shout them down.  All pretty harmless stuff and over quite quickly.  

Nowadays though........... through the power of zeros and ones (the younger element may need to look that reference up, mind) I reckon maybe 15-20% of the modern day dissenters (more likely than not members of some sort of City forum) are entering BS3 fully wound up following a period of internet hammering, and more than well-prepared to hound any particular scapegoat of the month.  The result?  Much larger organised groups of fans with ready prepared chants, banners and banter, surrounded by less numbers (in the modern day) of old blokes prepared to try and shout them down.  

For a manager, or a player, having a pi55 poor run of results or form, the modern world is not a place that has any hiding places!

Johnson IN.........Johnson OUT?   To be totally honest, I'm a City supporter with 46 years of mainly disappointing seasons behind me.  So my well informed opinion on this matter is............................ "I dunno".  Whatever the final decision of the Board is, it won't stop me following City, it won't stop me being let down on an annual basis and it will never take away my right to support my wonderful perennial under achievers.

To the 'Johnson In' brigade and the 'Johnson Out' movement, just remember that I LOVE YOU ALL XX CPcMf1lWgAAxLSY.jpg

Nice post. But I disagree with you about the age thing. I think you'll actually find that many of the most vociferous voices from here are actually from the older generation.

A bit like Brexit. 

The baby boomers - the worst generation in world history ;)

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Nice post. But I disagree with you about the age thing. I think you'll actually find that many of the most vociferous voices from here are actually from the older generation.

A bit like Brexit. 

The baby boomers - the worst generation in world history ;)

Oh God another snow flake

On 01/03/2017 at 13:59, Alessandro said:

Double like Spud.

I couldn't agree more. As the rot set in the league OTIB is overrun with behaviour that I can only liken to Hyenas. 

I've watched as pretty much one by one, people posting for patience or calm or positivity have been ripped to shreds by the pack.

It's understandable, but a bit of a shame. Does it really matter that much?

For me, I like the debate, but ultimately it's football. My life will go on without it and if we got relegated, I'd probably be upset for a day and then I'd be over it. Maybe that's why I'm more patient, my expectations are low. 

Maybe if I worked in Bristol and had an ear full from a gashead colleague everyday i'd change my mind though!

I'm posting less and less because for a while I was being harrassed by one poster who was constantly throwing insults at me and suggesting you had to have mental health issues to agree with me or even for me to have the thoughts I did.

When I posted a while back that real life things meant I'd be on here less he posted a comment of joy about the fact I was going through a tough time.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm posting less and less because for a while I was being harrassed by one poster who was constantly throwing insults at me and suggesting you had to have mental health issues to agree with me or even for me to have the thoughts I did.

When I posted a while back that real life things meant I'd be on here less he posted a comment of joy about the fact I was going through a tough time.

Sorry to hear that James, shame on that person, the problem is their's not yours mate.

Sometimes OTIB is like road rage. You know if you walk down the street and someone gets in front of you, you step out the way, or perhaps you nudge into each other and tut then walk on. Get in a car and the same thing happens, you're slowed down by 2 seconds on your journey, yet they're effing and jeffing and honking the horn like someone just pee'd on a family members grave. All because of the safety of the car.

It's the same on here, behind the computer, people say things they would rarely, if ever say to someone face to face at a football game, but on here the safety of the lack of names and responsibility gives them a license to have a go.

Good on you for admitting your problems, you're much further down the road in life than the person who wrote that about you, because they can't even see their own problems, let alone admit or confront them.

Hope things are a little better for you right now, keep posting!

(and there is always the report and ignore/block option on here :thumbsup:)

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Sorry to hear that James, shame on that person, the problem is their's not your mate.

Sometimes OTIB is like road rage. You know if you walk down the street and someone gets in front of you, you step out the way, or perhaps you nudge into each other and tut then walk on. Get in a car and the same thing happens, you're slowed down by 2 seconds on your journey, yet they're effing and jeffing and honking the horn like someone just pee'd on a family members grave. All because of the safety of the car.

It's the same on here, behind the computer, people say things they would rarely, if ever say to someone face to face at a football game, but on here the safety of the lack of names and responsibility gives them a license to have a go.

Good on you for admitting your problems, you're much further down the road in life than the person who wrote that about you, because they can't even see their own problems, let alone admit or confront them.

Hope things are a little better for you right now, keep posting!

(and there is always the report and ignore/block option on here :thumbsup:)

Just gone from the brink of homelessness to still having my flat "on condition" so steps forward being made.

Will probably always post on here, but at the moment it is more out of habit than anything else. Used to check in a lot, now its infrequent unless I'm having a debate on something (mind you the latter is probably a healthier situation!)

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Just gone from the brink of homelessness to still having my flat "on condition" so steps forward being made.

Will probably always post on here, but at the moment it is more out of habit than anything else. Used to check in a lot, now its infrequent unless I'm having a debate on something (mind you the latter is probably a healthier situation!)

Hang in there and good luck with the flat.

I think on here, if it upsets you to post and get involved, either take a break, or just read. Because ultimately it's not worth it! And don't get stuck in when someone disagrees with you, I can't follow my own advice though, because I love dropping the odd hand grenade in here! :ph34r:

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

People like him are not worth the time of day.

Archived