IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

1 minute ago, Super said:

Maybe we have someone lined up and they don't want Pemberton.

Possibly. Holden is LJ's man so you'd assume he'd go as soon as LJ does, whereas Pemberton is a bit different in that he was here before and could potentially stay if any new manager wants him to.

Footballer like things kept simple. Having divergent opinions in the coaching isn't going to be useful. Two assistant coaches was always a gamble.

Like it or not, LJ is head coach so would have made this decision. The fact it has been actioned makes me think we will have LJ for the season, irrespective of results.

Club would surely know this would go down about as well as a white and blue quartered away kit, so if nothing else - it's pretty ballsy!

15 minutes ago, lenred said:

And it's taken over 12 months to get it sorted? Yeah right. 

Why would it be 12 months? The problems have been the last 5 for starters. All culpable but I was under the impression that Pembo was overseeing the defensive side of coaching... makes sense at least if he is binned considering a lot of our problems have been defensive

8 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Why would it be 12 months? The problems have been the last 5 for starters. All culpable but I was under the impression that Pembo was overseeing the defensive side of coaching... makes sense at least if he is binned considering a lot of our problems have been defensive

My apologies if I misunderstood but your comment was referring to 'the top' of BCFC Dans post which said 'Maybe Pemberton is actually the source of the problem.' If that's the case then I simply cannot see how it takes 12 months to work that out. Personalities, whether you get on and whether you can work with someone is generally worked out a hell of a lot quicker than it taking over a year. Unless LJ didn't have the balls to do it before and is now clutching at straws to keep himself in a job which is how it looks to me. Should it be true of course!! 

My source has told me that Pembo has gone and Lee has signed a new and improved 10 year contract worth 2 packets of wotsits, 1 lionbar and a curly wurly.

He also has the rider in his contract that he gets unlimited goes on the Wurlitzers when they are up the Downs.

15 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

My source has told me that Pembo has gone and Lee has signed a new and improved 10 year contract worth 2 packets of wotsits, 1 lionbar and a curly wurly.

He also has the rider in his contract that he gets unlimited goes on the Wurlitzers when they are up the Downs.

My personal account manager is coming in as director of football.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

IMAGINE the meltdown if Pemberton is gone but Johnson & Holden stay. I almost want to see it happen just for the fury it'll create.

Ooooh you little tinker,or am I thinking of  someone else.........

31 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Which would not work. You can't make a useless manager good by having a better assistant. If the assistant is that good, then make him the manager.

Or, if the manager needs someone of that calibre then what the f uck is he doing managing BCFC.

39 minutes ago, Stoourt said:

Footballer like things kept simple. Having divergent opinions in the coaching isn't going to be useful. Two assistant coaches was always a gamble.

Like it or not, LJ is head coach so would have made this decision. The fact it has been actioned makes me think we will have LJ for the season, irrespective of results.

Club would surely know this would go down about as well as a white and blue quartered away kit, so if nothing else - it's pretty ballsy!

Been saying since Holden came in.

Too many cooks and all that. 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sounds about right sadly

How inspiring LJ and Millen

That will lift the players !!

Its not April 1st is it ?

If this is the change, it would not be the change I want personally and can just see it muddy the waters even further from a coaching point of view.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

If this is the change, it would not be the change I want personally and can just see it muddy the waters even further from a coaching point of view.

With you on this (Think your prediction is coming over the hill) but poor decision after poor decision

Perhaps SL is trying to waste as much money as he can to diminish inheritance tax liabilities !!!

Millen may be a steady No 2 but I'm not sure his CV or personality will inspire the players which is what we need very quickly

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Based on what? He's been the one constant in two years of abject failure. 

He was also a coach when we had the most successful season I've ever seen, and a hugely positive influence as caretaker when Cotts went. He's the only remaining link on the coaching staff to that fantastic season. 

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but LJ as head coach is clearly more culpable than Pemberton. Results since Holden joined have been a catastrophe. I'd be looking at those two long before getting rid of JP. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

With you on this (Think your prediction is coming over the hill) but poor decision after poor decision

Perhaps SL is trying to waste as much money as he can to diminish inheritance tax liabilities !!!

Millen may be a steady No 2 but I'm not sure his CV or personality will inspire the players which is what we need very quickly

What would a new number 2 do anyway? - the current backup surely aren't picking the teams or setting them up are they??

That being the case would Johnson welcome someone with an opinion, particularly if it differed from his own masterplan?

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Let's all bum Lee Johnson, let's all bum Lee Johnson la la la la!

I really hope your account has been hacked :blink:

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

One thing I picked up on Saturday being sat near the dugouts was pemberton was constantly berating the players and throwing his arms all over the place with almost every single phase of play

while Holden just kept whispering stuff to Johnson instead of barking any direct instructions

Pint being permberton clearly wasn't happy where as no one else's seemed bothered

This has bothered me for some time, whatever happens on the pitch Johnson stands around doing nothing. That's why quite a few people said they would like Rosler down here, never stopped encouraging,berating and instructing his team earlier in the year. 

6 minutes ago, Jacki said:

He was also a coach when we had the most successful season I've ever seen, and a hugely positive influence as caretaker when Cotts went. He's the only remaining link on the coaching staff to that fantastic season. 

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but LJ as head coach is clearly more culpable than Pemberton. Results since Holden joined have been a catastrophe. I'd be looking at those two long before getting rid of JP. 

That was L1 though not the Championship, are you wanting him to stay out of sentiment?

Archived