IGNORED

Had enough see you lot later.

Londoner

Had enough? See you later? 

You don't sound like a REAL city fan.  We follow Bristol City FC. It doesn't make much difference who the manager is.  

I have been reading the remarks on this forum and decided that most of the shit stirrers on here are either gas or bored snowflakes up in Clifton.  Who are getting a thrill trying to upset a minority. 

The remarks you are making about Bristol City FC. The club I have supported and played, for are unacceptable.  You need to either get behind the team or go back to watching manure on the TV. 

There was a time, not so long ago,  such remarks made about our club would be met with a sound chasing off the premises. 

In short,  if you don't like, and don't want to support Bristol City FC.  Go back to the gas. 

Keyboard warrriors? Pathetic! 

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Helped keep me relatively sane through one or two crises-thank god for you mad lot.

OTIB the only thing keeping me going , knowing there are 100 per cent Johnson Out . A caller to RB mentioned the fans forum . GT apparently had a text saying something to the effect of " In the clubs pocket " He may not be personally but the local BBC certainly appears to be given the timid post match questioning  to LJ where the interviewer sounds scared to ask the questions which contributors to this forum would doubtless ask . There are some very disillusioned long time fans including myself . The 1989 memory on RB just now only made the current situation look even more inexplicable . 

1 minute ago, Redstreet said:

OTIB the only thing keeping me going , knowing there are 100 per cent Johnson Out . A caller to RB mentioned the fans forum . GT apparently had a text saying something to the effect of " In the clubs pocket " He may not be personally but the local BBC certainly appears to be given the timid post match questioning  to LJ where the interviewer sounds scared to ask the questions which contributors to this forum would doubtless ask . There are some very disillusioned long time fans including myself . The 1989 memory on RB just now only made the current situation look even more inexplicable . 

OTIB is in the club's pocket or RB?

I'm definitely not in Lansdown's pocket! If I was, I'd be writing down his credit card numbers and going on the spend...

1 minute ago, Southstandoriginal said:

But none that have been so utterly avoidable.

Bull Poo.

When SOD was in charge and it looked very very likely that we were going into Div4? That whole situation was unavoidable?

In my experience of 'avoidable' relegations- the one you're going through right now is always the worst.

Why would anyone feel sorry for the players? They are grown men with responsibility for their own performance, just as I am responsible in my job regardless of how crap my boss is. Can't say I felt sorry for the Leicester players for instance before Ranieri was sacked, the same players who are suddenly working hard again now they have got what they wanted.

The manager carries the can ultimately but that's no reason to let the players off the hook.

48 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Amen,  and good luck brother. In the same boat with my university assignments - I'd frankly rather write my 8,000 word bitch of a dissertation and feel I've done something.

Feeling your pain mate! 

2,500 into my sport psychology dissertation. We can do this! :fingerscrossed:

25 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As much as I am enjoying your current plight, you would all do well to remember one thing that is certain. It is only temporary. All football clubs have cycles of success and failure, and just be thankful that you consider struggling in the championship to be a failure. Some of us have been a lot lower.

Dead right Miah, I spent 18 months reading your website and loved every minute of it and now the tables have turned, make the most of it!!

11 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Did you keep your scooter then oldstandrobin? I remember you were going to sell it as you were off to Italy. 

Yes I  did Peg, had to take off all the City memorabilia as a Taffy bought it as it was red/white for Wales !! Cancelled move after Brexit and daughter is now back in USA as son in law in US Navy was posted to Jacksonville FL and not Italy. Now restoring a Vespa commemorating our relegation ha ha ha . It is a Black One.!!!!!

ps got two daughters. One in Florida other Bristol

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Bull Poo.

When SOD was in charge and it looked very very likely that we were going into Div4? That whole situation was unavoidable?

In my experience of 'avoidable' relegations- the one you're going through right now is always the worst.

And what happened in that situation that saved us? 

There is so much retconning from the 'true believers' it's insane.

18 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As much as I am enjoying your current plight, you would all do well to remember one thing that is certain. It is only temporary. All football clubs have cycles of success and failure, and just be thankful that you consider struggling in the championship to be a failure. Some of us have been a lot lower.

And there you have the reason why Bristol football has never bagged 1 major honour Rovers are happy to exist and City stay above them without really doing anything. 

6 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Yes I  did Peg, had to take off all the City memorabilia as a Taffy bought it as it was red/white for Wales !! Cancelled move after Brexit and daughter is now back in USA as son in law in US Navy was posted to Jacksonville FL and not Italy. Now restoring a Vespa commemorating our relegation ha ha ha . It is a Black One.!!!!!

ps got two daughters. One in Florida other Bristol

Ah well. Think of the holidays! Jacksonville, FL is meant to be gorgeous and warm. Bit humid but still nicer than over here!

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

There has been far worse times than this

Indeed there has UTC. But not off the back of the investment that's been made both on and off the pitch, and the illusions of grandeur spouted (Europe in 5 yrs ffs!!) 

1 minute ago, Tears in rain said:

Anyone mentions the year 82 I'm like "oh I got it don't worry" 

But yes thanks for the heads up:ph34r:

You may have got away with it...

I personally can't understand the comparison, the club was ****** then and now we're not, stability, ground blah de blah.

82 worse than now? yes by a mile

Should we just crash and burn into Div 3 like the Hindenburg for no other reason than one mans intransigence?  **** me no.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I personally can't understand the comparison, the club was ****** then and now we're not, stability, ground blah de blah.

Should we just crash and burn into Div 3 like the Hindenburg for no other reason than one mans intransigence?  **** me no.

May have.. I'll get a reply eventually I imagine.

Exactly this is bad but 82 is worse for different reasons. 

This is needless and that's the issue. With the stability, facilities, and the money spent this year it just doesn't justify us going down because of such poor management from the top (on and off field)

13 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Ah well. Think of the holidays! Jacksonville, FL is meant to be gorgeous and warm. Bit humid but still nicer than over here!

Peg, was there Xmas as have 4 grandkids there. Drove 12 hours from Jacksonville to their present home in the Keys. Other daughter was the one on BBC about having my son in law sent back to Ecuador with the visa laws. With all of that and watching City, never a dull moment 

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Never felt so disillusioned and disinterested in the club as i do now. as someone who during the Millen and Mcinnes reigns commuted to the Gate from central london on the megabus every weekend to see home and away games i would have classed myself as a massive city fan.....right now i feel like i couldnt give a shit. Even when times were hard i would go.

The treatment of us fans by Lansdown and Johnson has been a disgrace,they have taken us for complete fools and treated us with zero respect.

I will not be going to the gate again while this clueless waste of space of a manager is leading the club. If only we had lost to Fleetwood. 

I feel sorry for the players, they have been utterly let down by the mixed messages and ineptitude by a complete and utter fraud.

No doubt posters will say bye bye better off without you attention seeker etc etc...doesnt bother me in the slightest very unhappy with this club tsking my money and ******* it down the drain on this clown. 

Take care all.

City's loss will be academia's gain, mate. Au revoir (see you later)

13 minutes ago, RumRed said:

We've been relegated loads of times and there have been lots of unpopular and underperforming managers who the club has kept for longer than most fans would want. 

We've been here before. I've seen it before - and pre-Lansdown too.

Fans don't elect the manager here or at any other club. 

And every relegation is "avoidable" in some sense. Even 82 happened because of the club's stupidity. 

Those who say it has been worse are right. It has.

We just didn't have the social media culture of permanent outrage back then.

I'm not happy with the situation,  but I refuse to go OTT. 

Archived