IGNORED

Had enough see you lot later.

Londoner

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I do agree this season should have turned differently. But we are where we are, what's gone before us we can't change.

I still believe those investments will come good and I retain hope that they will come good just at the right time.

I dislike the utter hysteria in our fanbase, some of the things people have been saying makes me question their sanity.

Things are bad there is no escaping that, people just think it's the end of the world because we are living in this moment, if we could go back to other bad times they would seem just as bad. Its just like when someone is ill and they say I've never felt so I'll, yet that's what they said the last time and the time before that and will go on and say the same the next time they are I'll.

I dislike how everyone at the club are getting barrels of abuse. It makes me cringe.

I am happy for once that Steve Lansdown is holding his nerve and has the conviction to see it through. I don't know how this will play out but for now we're still in with a good shout so I'm not in full on panic mode just yet.

You talk a lot of sense. Funnily enough some similarities to what GON said in his interview about how the season should have turned out differently but we are where we are. He went as far to say that finishing 4th or 5th from bottom would be a good achievement and of course he is correct, hard though that is to take given our potential and where we were in September. I am not giving up yet thats for sure. 

33 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He may be wrong, time will tell.

But I have the upmost repect for any person in this world who has beliefs and has the conviction to see those beliefs through. I may not agree with those beliefs but by God if some one has the fight passion amd belief in something I can fault that one bit.

SL obviously believes in his own judgement of LJ and I can only admire that. This is a guy who has made himself a billionaire by making judgements so I'm inclined to back his judgement.

So basically all of your positivity is based on blind faith for Mr Lansdown to make the right call, mainly because he has been very successful in the financial industry. **** me!!

1 minute ago, cityironman said:

So basically all of your positivity is based on blind faith for Mr Lansdown to make the right call, mainly because he has been very successful in the financial industry. **** me!!

Oh come on, if we were top of the league heading for the prem your opinion would be the same.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Oh come on, if we were top of the league heading for the prem your opinion would be the same.

He's had plenty of time over the years for that to happen and it ain't happened yet! How can you not see that the last few months have been an absolute disaster for the club both on & off the field?!!

10 minutes ago, cityironman said:

He's had plenty of time over the years for that to happen and it ain't happened yet! How can you not see that the last few months have been an absolute disaster for the club both on & off the field?!!

They have. But every single time we are in a relegation battle I hear the same things.

'Never felt more dissalusioned'

'Worst manager we've ever had'

'Fallen out of love'

'This isn't my club'

The sitatuation we are in now is not good, and Johnson should be sacked, but the hysteria is very difficult to take seriously when the same stuff was said during the Mcinnes and O'Driscoll eras, and that's just in the clubs recent past. 

We were in this situation in League one a few years back, get a little perspective. We have time to stay up, we've only just dropped into the bottom three. Lansdown has decided to continue backing his man this time which clearly isn't working but every bad season City endure has its own points as to why it's the worst it's ever been when in reality, it isn't. In fact it's nowhere near. 

Londoner, thanks for all your support over the years. I understand your frustration. Not going to knock you for your decision, each to their own.

Let's just hope that we somehow survive relegation and you're back where you belong.

See you later Red.

19 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Who says I can't see it?

I just believe we can pull ourselves out of it.

For many years we have been sacking managers left right and centre. We then rebuild our team and then repeat the same process. 

In the past LJ would have been gone by now but as Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. 

This time SL has taken a different approach, time will tell if that was the right approach but in my mind the constant sacking had to stop.

5 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

They have. But every single time we are in a relegation battle I hear the same things.

'Never felt more dissalusioned'

'Worst manager we've ever had'

'Fallen out of love'

'This isn't my club'

The sitatuation we are in now is not good, and Johnson should be sacked, but the hysteria is very difficult to take seriously when the same stuff was said during the Mcinnes and O'Driscoll eras, and that's just in the clubs recent past. 

We were in this situation in League one a few years back, get a little perspective. We have time to stay up, we've only just dropped into the bottom three. Lansdown has decided to continue backing his man this time which clearly isn't working but every bad season City endure has its own points as to why it's the worst it's ever been when in reality, it isn't. In fact it's nowhere near. 

Thanks for writing it better than I could. This is my exact same thoughts.

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Thanks for writing it better than I could. This is my exact same thoughts.

Including the spelling mistakes and grammar? When is the minority going to wake up to the factBlackburn have started winning under their new manager. Lambert is instilling discipline into Wolves and they are gaining ground. Burton have to lose one more game than us. Oh! And what is our win percentage exactly?

57 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Interestingly did Oxford put up much of a fight letting Mark Ashton go? Did he even come straight from the Kassam to us? This whole project thingy with pillars everywhere was trumpeted as the best thing since weetabix and yet the wheels have fallen off in remarkably quick fashion. I do not think for one moment this was part of the script so the whole apparatus looks like one huge Korean style Chaebol to me. No other word seems to explain the shananigans. 

22 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Including the spelling mistakes and grammar? When is the minority going to wake up to the factBlackburn have started winning under their new manager. Lambert is instilling discipline into Wolves and they are gaining ground. Burton have to lose one more game than us. Oh! And what is our win percentage exactly?

I am perfectly awake to the factBlackburn are picking up points and that our situation at the moment is not good. However it's the level of hysteria currently being displayed, this thread as a classic example, that I find to be repetitive and typical of whenever we find ourselves in a bit of trouble despite the claims that these posters have never seen a worse manager or have never felt less towards City. 

It's this type of escalation that does City no favours and makes bad form more difficult to get through.

5 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I am perfectly awake to the factBlackburn are picking up points and that our situation at the moment is not good. However it's the level of hysteria currently being displayed, this thread as a classic example, that I find to be repetitive and typical of whenever we find ourselves in a bit of trouble despite the claims that these posters have never seen a worse manager or have never felt less towards City. 

It's this type of escalation that does City no favours and makes bad form more difficult to get through.

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with a lot of these posters.

They would be predicting certain death before a bullet was even fired.

9 minutes ago, megansdad said:

so much for City 'til I die. Whenever and wherever for me. Best Chairman we have had and if people don't recognise his passion and ambition and his willingness to put HIS money where his mouth is I feel sorry for them. 

SL's passion and ambition is not in question. It's the lack of sustainability in achieving the plan. Throwing money at a problem without fixing it is ludicrous. 

12 minutes ago, megansdad said:

so much for City 'til I die. Whenever and wherever for me. Best Chairman we have had and if people don't recognise his passion and ambition and his willingness to put HIS money where his mouth is I feel sorry for them. 

And I feel sorry for those that don't know who our chairman is, touch embarrassing.

54 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with a lot of these posters.

Enjoy yourself in the league one trenches with Lee next season....hope you can get him to shoot straight!

59 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It was WW1 that made people question the intelligence and tactics of the rich and powerful, and with good reason.  You're acting as cannon fodder.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Enjoy yourself in the league one trenches with Lee next season....hope you can get him to shoot straight!

The players and Lee are trying, there is no doubt about that (maybe Fulham aside) I personally couldn't ask for anymore than that. I'd rather be surrounded by tryers and people who will fight to the death than be surrounded by people who go into full on meltdown mode at any sign of failure. 

I can't believe some of the absolute crap I've read over the past few months, from people who are usually quite level headed.

You really do find out a lot about someone's character during tough times.

If we go down whilst fighting then so be it, if we go out on a whimper then that's when I'll be pissed off, but right now we have got a squad who are trying to turn this around so I am confident we can improve. 

Most seem to think sacking is the answer, but is it really? I think we are long past that stage so got no choice now but to back the current management.

Im hoping the rumours about Pembo are true, controversial I know but I don't believe he is the messiah most claim he is. He was around during the SOD days and then the Cotts days  when we were nailed on certainties for relegation and is around now, is it really that much of a coincidence? Great youth coach by all accounts but maybe not quite cut out to be a first team coach? I'm hoping we have someone experienced ready to come in.

The abuse hurled at LJ, at SL and others imo has been quite disgusting and shameful. Im all for a well thought out reasoned debate but totally against all this personal abuse.

Ive had a fair amount of it myself but I don't care because I've remained consistent with my opinions. My opinions cause me to be a target on here because there are people who simply don't like it that others have different opinions. I sit here and chuckle to myself at the twist people get in because I'm not willing to join in with the mass hysteria. 

When we're up at the to of the league these people are the ones who are proclaiming people like LJ and SL are gods yet when we are struggling they are there shouting abuse from the rooftops at these very same people. I just don't get it.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

The players and Lee are trying, there is no doubt about that (maybe Fulham aside) I personally couldn't ask for anymore than that. I'd rather be surrounded by tryers and people who will fight to the death than be surrounded by people who go into full on meltdown mode at any sign of failure. 

I can't believe some of the absolute crap I've read over the past few months, from people who are usually quite level headed.

If we go down whilst fighting then so be it, if we go out on a whimper then that's when I'll be pissed off, but right now we have got a squad who are trying to turn this around so I am confident we can improve. 

Most seem to think sacking is the answer, but is it really? I think we are long past that stage so got no choice now but to back the current management.

Im hoping the rumours about Pembo are true, controversial I know but I don't believe he is the messiah most claim he is. He was around during the SOD days and then the Cotts days  when we were nailed on certainties for relegation and is around now, is it really that much of a coincidence? Great youth coach by all accounts but maybe not quite cut out to be a first team coach? I'm hoping we have someone experienced ready to come in.

The abuse hurled at LJ, at SL and others imo has been quite disgusting and shameful. Im all for a well thought out reasoned debate but totally against all this personal abuse.

Ive had a fair amount of it myself but I don't care because I've remained consistent with my opinions. My opinions cause me to be a target on here because there are people who simply don't like it that others have different opinions. I sit here and chuckle to myself at the twist people get in because I'm not willing to join in with the mass hysteria. 

When we're up at the to of the league these people are the ones who are proclaiming people like LJ and SL are gods yet when we are struggling they are there shouting abuse from the rooftops at these very same people. I just don't get it.

Now, now! Time for your medication.

Deluded or what! Unbelievable. Are you for real?

Even if we stay up which I sincerely doubt, Midget has not got a scooby doo. Do you watch the game, tactics, team strategy, especially plan B when nearly every game, last 20 minutes, it is like the alamo? 

Ffs.

10 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Now, now! Time for your medication.

Deluded or what! Unbelievable. Are you for real?

Even if we stay up which I sincerely doubt, Midget has not got a scooby doo. Do you watch the game, tactics, team strategy, especially plan B when nearly every game, last 20 minutes, it is like the alamo? 

Ffs.

Drop all the insults and I'll engage in debate with you.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I think thats our problem, only 2 shots have been fired in 22 attempts.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

and then the Cotts days  when we were nailed on certainties for relegation

Oh wait, what happened to the trenches last season? There isn't any need to "debate" your view when you contradict yourself so transparently in your own posts. Since when did it matter what manager we have for people to "fight to the death" (your words) rather than "go into full on meltdown mode at any sign of failure" (your words). You seem to be applying one standard to your view of last season and another to everyone else's view of this season.

By the way comments about trenches and like "You really do find out a lot about someone's character during tough times" aimed at others on here are so typical of your passive aggressive WUM act. You know exactly what reaction that will generate and so it should - and then you'll be on here complaining about abuse and intolerance. Who are you to question the integrity and support of others who don't share your view? This is a forum for discussing what is now a ridiculous level of ineptness, don't get that confused with the effort and support people put into getting to games and getting behind the club.

Have your comical views by all means, replete with subtle little digs about your superiority to everyone else (as per Derby away, Leeds away), but don't embarrass yourself and everyone on this forum by questioning something so basic as peoples fight and will to win. We are all loyal Bristol City fans, we all want the club to win. Spare us the "I'm most loyal" teachers pet act, which of course is followed by the inevitable "everyone's being nasty to me" follow up when people react to your quite deliberate and repeated attempt to goad others about their relative will to win or lack of fight. It's all so transparent.

By the way, yes there are a lot of unnecessary threads adding little but hysteria now, but there are also some very detailed debates in certain threads in the last few days, as there always are - you haven't participated in any of them.

34 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Just to demonstrate the inconsistency of comment, I thought I would recall some of his comments from the past (was bored in an airport)

Aug 30th 2015
All is good at AG tho. Again I'll say it we've won a league and cup double. Multi million pound stadium redevelopment and were back in the championship. So what if we have lost a few. Look at the teams around us in the table. Were in good company. Only issue is with bringing players in. That could all change over the next few days. We have brought in a few already and it seems we are actively seeking transfers. Most transfers happen towards the end of the window anyways  (The world is wonderful)

Sept 19th

No one is saying Cotts out right now. I can only speak for myself but I really hope he turns it around as I like the guy. My position is that due to the lack of transfer activity in the summer and the poir results and the feel good factor of promotion has vanished then for me Cotts positiin must be under review. It's better to make a change in Sept rather than in Dec when were almost down and out ( 6 weeks into the season, the advocate of stability is already questioning the manager)

Sept 19th
The 352 needs to be ditched. it clearly isn't working and if Cotts wont try something new then his position has to be considered ( So this manager has to change something yet the current one after 15M and 20 new players and every formation known in the football text book without any results need not be questioned)

Nov 3rd (when talking Costs replacement)
Pearson for me. He won't get a lower prem job. He would be able to attract players such as Gayle etc where as cotts can't. We need a manager who can attract Experienced Championship players. Pearson can do that. ( no longer needed, it seems) 

Nov 7th (regarding LJ at Barnsley)
Think it was a bad career decision tbh. Sometimes the best thing that can happen to a young manager is to be sacked as it will help them learn from past mistakes. ( the same person, in light of a total disaster will now no longer benefit from being sacked and learning from his lessons)

Dec 5th
Time to go I'm sorry to say. Really wished it worked out but now we are in a precarious position. Results havejust not been good enough. Get a new man in now and that gives him a few weeks with the players before the window open (Interesting, we are now on the worst run of form in out history, yet you advocate stability. Indeed the change made last time where Pembo put the team out with a battle plan saved the season )

I could go on. Draw your own conclusions as to why the person posts as they do. 

her not he

And she's either slurping cheap German wine all day

or a WUM

Up The City, I can agree on 1 point only. There is no place for abuse, nor is there a place for fighting amongst ourselves, as I sadly evidenced in the Dolman's on Saturday. Disgraceful.

The players maybe trying, but there is no cohesion on the pitch, no game plan and certainly no tactical awareness. 

Teams come to play us, having already identified our weaknesses and exploit them, time after time after time. They know that Flint pulls the fullbacks out of shape, leaving massive holes for them to drive down the flanks to cross into the box. They know we have no pace on the wings, so play long balls into the middle. They know our only strength is Tammy, so they put 2 men on him. They read us like a book, but sadly we seem incapable of doing the same.

I have said before that a person get promoted to his level of incompetence and sadly we have that with LJ. His only approach is to try a different squad each week in the vein hope that it clicks. When it doesn't, he puts more men up front hoping that works. When again that doesn't work, he drops players, so they end up playing for their name on the starting sheet and not for the team. Hokey Cokey football manager. In out, in out, shake it all about.

I am not one to protest or Boycott games. I love going down to the Gate with my son, have a couple of beers and a pie - quality time you know ?

Constant sacking of managers is not the answer, but can we at least start with a manager of some pedigree and technical ability on which to build a foundation ?

One thing I will agree with you about is the level of abuse-some of it a disgrace for the author.but as for Lee trying??....trying in one respect but sometimes that just ain't enough.

You could give the job to me and I would be working my socks off for City...I would be trying.would I be a capable championship head coach AND more than that,take the club forward??...no.

3 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

One thing I will agree with you about is the level of abuse-some of it a disgrace for the author.but as for Lee trying??....trying in one respect but sometimes that just ain't enough.

You could give the job to me and I would be working my socks off for City...I would be trying.would I be a capable championship head coach AND more than that,take the club forward??...no.

:clap:

Archived