IGNORED

Had enough see you lot later.

Londoner

19 minutes ago, Olé said:

I understood your posts about there being much worse as referring to 82 and other things that were before my time. I didn't think you were referring to the SO'D season in L1! I would respectfully disagree. Losing becomes a habit and we fell into that league losing games and carried on doing it. What followed wasn't acceptable but it also wasn't surprising. Dreary, negative football from a losing side and a mix of several regimes players mailing it in.

To me this is far worse.

LJ has conjured up losing as well as that dreary, negative football, out of nothing, and without having to deal with a mish mash of other people's players, but the relative luxury of spending £15m on assembling his own. Where S'OD couldn't turn the ship away from the iceberg, LJ has actually now managed in five months to turn the ship straight back at the iceberg (if you allow that struggles last season under SC most could see reason and solution for).

I know you weren't setting out to defend LJ in any way, so I'm really just challenging the idea S'OD still ranks worse for you! I realise this is like comparing shades of vomit but I felt it was worth mentioning. ;) You're right that social media and sharing information magnifies modern outrage, and I am not qualified to say if it's worst ever, but in my lifetime of watching City it's easily the worst football and the most obvious mismanagement of the resources available. 

Maybe I'm easily pleased but I have actually enjoyed most matches this season, if not the results.

What's frustrating is that you can tell there's a half-decent team trying to burst through the crap coaching and poor managerial decisions. 

I guess what is hard to take is the expectation that we had at the start of he season. And the "wow! We're doing better than I dreamed" start that slowly turned to shit. I think that ***** people off more than if we'd never got off the ground. The dream start is doubtless one of the many things keeping Lee on a job.

Football's subjective,  so I respect your opinion, mate.  However I think the football was worse under SOD - tappa, tappa, tappa, lose possession,  concede.

Or under Pulis - lots of fat and old men plodding up the field in pursuit of the inevitable high ball.

Or even under Gary "try to defend a 1-0 lead for an hour" Johnson!

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Bull Poo.

When SOD was in charge and it looked very very likely that we were going into Div4? That whole situation was unavoidable?

In my experience of 'avoidable' relegations- the one you're going through right now is always the worst.

And what did we change to stay up, and at what point of the season?

You're allowed to google. :whistle:

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Never felt so disillusioned and disinterested in the club as i do now. as someone who during the Millen and Mcinnes reigns commuted to the Gate from central london on the megabus every weekend to see home and away games i would have classed myself as a massive city fan.....right now i feel like i couldnt give a shit. Even when times were hard i would go.

The treatment of us fans by Lansdown and Johnson has been a disgrace,they have taken us for complete fools and treated us with zero respect.

I will not be going to the gate again while this clueless waste of space of a manager is leading the club. If only we had lost to Fleetwood. 

I feel sorry for the players, they have been utterly let down by the mixed messages and ineptitude by a complete and utter fraud.

No doubt posters will say bye bye better off without you attention seeker etc etc...doesnt bother me in the slightest very unhappy with this club tsking my money and ******* it down the drain on this clown. 

Take care all.

SL and LJ are proof, beyond reasonable doubt, that fans in football are now nothing more than a commodity used for cash flow. 

Their utter disregard for any semblance of sense is a stain on the history of our club. I'll never forgive them for it. 

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

To be fair Londoner brought alot of this on himself, talking down at others, having his pompous attitude and so on... 

He'll be posting again with the same 'I'm an academic so i'm better than you demeanour' soon enough

Yup, fairly obvious most of us have a list of posters that really piss us off currently. Obviously I don't expect to be on any of them.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

You've lost me, we got relegated to div 3 after the new manager bounce, plummeted to the bottom of said division and then changed manager, the rest is history?

Are you having cognitive problems RumRed??

You said:

15 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I'd like to see MRR state 'a change of manager'.  That's all.

I have got that right haven't I or am I going completely senile?

and I said check out my post after the Forest match ( where I clearly stated LJ should go).

You missed me stating my position on the Manager many weeks ago but hey, this is OTIB where facts rarely get in the way of a new post. The point that I don't start a new thread every day stating the bleeding obvious about LJ excludes me from your, Bob bob sb , Ivor , Mike H's and BennyUltra's  "ultra" club.

I believe he should have gone then but now , imho, it makes no difference one way or another.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Bull Poo.

When SOD was in charge and it looked very very likely that we were going into Div4? That whole situation was unavoidable?

In my experience of 'avoidable' relegations- the one you're going through right now is always the worst.

I obviously misread the above.

Oh and the fact you chose a season we didn't go down to provide an example of an unavoidable relegation, well it was because we didn't.  When I state unavoidable relegation I mean the seasons we were relegated, odd I know.

Anyway soz

23 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Are you having cognitive problems RumRed??

You said:

and I said check out my post after the Forest match ( where I clearly stated LJ should go).

You missed me stating my position on the Manager many weeks ago but hey, this is OTIB where facts rarely get in the way of a new post. The point that I don't start a new thread every day stating the bleeding obvious about LJ excludes me from your, Bob bob sb , Ivor , Mike H's and BennyUltra's  "ultra" club.

I believe he should have gone then but now , imho, it makes no difference one way or another.

Oh excellent - I'm in a Ultra Club am I 

Is it free drinks ?

Gold card membership ?

I take it we are forever precluded from Superfan Status

Drat

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As much as I am enjoying your current plight, you would all do well to remember one thing that is certain. It is only temporary. All football clubs have cycles of success and failure, and just be thankful that you consider struggling in the championship to be a failure. Some of us have been a lot lower.

Quite a lot of us on here have been to the very bottom of the fourth division, so I wouldn't say you have been a "lot" lower!!

Where we find ourselves now makes me feel angrier than when we were 92nd in the league. Back then we had no money, a group of young players, and crowds of just 4-5 thousand, but we still felt it was our club and the supporters were all as one.

At the moment this club doesn't feel like my club anymore, a manager whose out of his depth despite spending the most money in our history on players, players he hasn't a clue how to use in the right way. An owner ( I hate to criticise him because I think he's a fantastic bloke) who just doesn't seem to get it, an owner who gave the managers job to a novice, a novice who devided the fan base more than any other person connected with BCFC that I've ever known, even before being named our manager! 

In my 45 years of watching City I've got used to us being shite, I've accepted we will lose far more than we will win, I've accepted managers who have tried but failed on limited resources, but I just can't accept the wastefulness of LJ and his total lack of any plan whatsoever, despite the fact hes been given everything he's wanted in his time with us.

I could go on about the style of football  ( or lack of it ) he's made us endure, but I'm getting bored just thinking about it!.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Quite a lot of us on here have been to the very bottom of the fourth division, so I wouldn't say you have been a "lot" lower!!

Where we find ourselves now makes me feel angrier than when we were 92nd in the league. Back then we had no money, a group of young players, and crowds of just 4-5 thousand, but we still felt it was our club and the supporters were all as one.

At the moment this club doesn't feel like my club anymore, a manager whose out of his depth despite spending the most money in our history on players, players he hasn't a clue how to use in the right way. An owner ( I hate to criticise him because I think he's a fantastic bloke) who just doesn't seem to get it, an owner who gave the managers job to a novice, a novice who devided the fan base more than any other person connected with BCFC that I've ever known, even before being named our manager! 

In my 45 years of watching City I've got used to us being shite, I've accepted we will lose far more than we will win, I've accepted managers who have tried but failed on limited resources, but I just can't accept the wastefulness of LJ and his total lack of any plan whatsoever, despite the fact hes been given everything he's wanted in his time with us.

I could go on about the style of football  ( or lack of it ) he's made us endure, but I'm getting bored just thinking about it!.

Well said mate. 

I'm glad I'm going to Spain on Wednesday to go cycling. 

I can try my best to avoid Otib and put some of that frustration through my pedals. 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Oh excellent - I'm in a Ultra Club am I 

Is it free drinks ?

Gold card membership ?

I take it we are forever precluded from Superfan Status

Drat

No Bob- you are the new Superfan- it's the rest of us who choose not to eat our own liver, beat ourselves with birch and still think there's a club still worth supporting who are the underclass.

Well done - you're right and I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No Bob- you are the new Superfan- it's the rest of us who choose not to eat our own liver, beat ourselves with birch and still think there's a club still worth supporting who are the underclass.

Stop acting like an absolute virgin. 

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Excellent - if you could put your badge in the post

:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

I know my dad taught me all this and then I researched our history 

All covered mate, let's hope it never happens again. 

It has it's consolations mind. Like Miah said it's all cyclical in football, and coming up from that rock bottom with Terry Cooper was some of the best times watching City in 50 years.

And, with crowds what they were then, I got to choose any seat I wanted for my season ticket and have been right on the halfway line ever since!! Perfect!

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It has it's consolations mind. Like Miah said it's all cyclical in football, and coming up from that rock bottom with Terry Cooper was some of the best times watching City in 50 years.

And, with crowds what they were then, I got to choose any seat I wanted for my season ticket and have been right on the halfway line ever since!! Perfect!

I hate to admit this.....

I really don't like my seats in the new Landown Stand and have been thinking that if we go down, I'll have a much better option of seats  next season.

See- there I go again- always finding a positive......

#MRR OUT!

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Indeed there has UTC. But not off the back of the investment that's been made both on and off the pitch, and the illusions of grandeur spouted (Europe in 5 yrs ffs!!) 

I do agree this season should have turned differently. But we are where we are, what's gone before us we can't change.

I still believe those investments will come good and I retain hope that they will come good just at the right time.

I dislike the utter hysteria in our fanbase, some of the things people have been saying makes me question their sanity.

Things are bad there is no escaping that, people just think it's the end of the world because we are living in this moment, if we could go back to other bad times they would seem just as bad. Its just like when someone is ill and they say I've never felt so I'll, yet that's what they said the last time and the time before that and will go on and say the same the next time they are I'll.

I dislike how everyone at the club are getting barrels of abuse. It makes me cringe.

I am happy for once that Steve Lansdown is holding his nerve and has the conviction to see it through. I don't know how this will play out but for now we're still in with a good shout so I'm not in full on panic mode just yet.

Last season was my favourite of all 15 I've been old enough to remember. (I'm 21). This season I've found increasingly dull after the 15 game mark. I too am feeling less and less excited by City recently, a weird lack of effort to stay a committed supporter.

I'm away from Bristol for the first time in my life so I'm not able to go to all the home games. Got Brentford and Brighton coming up so I'm sure I'll rediscover my love for this team once again. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I do agree this season should have turned differently. But we are where we are, what's gone before us we can't change.

I still believe those investments will come good and I retain hope that they will come good just at the right time.

I dislike the utter hysteria in our fanbase, some of the things people have been saying makes me question their sanity.

Things are bad there is no escaping that, people just think it's the end of the world because we are living in this moment, if we could go back to other bad times they would seem just as bad. Its just like when someone is ill and they say I've never felt so I'll, yet that's what they said the last time and the time before that and will go on and say the same the next time they are I'll.

I dislike how everyone at the club are getting barrels of abuse. It makes me cringe.

I am happy for once that Steve Lansdown is holding his nerve and has the conviction to see it through. I don't know how this will play out but for now we're still in with a good shout so I'm not in full on panic mode just yet.

Why are you happy that Steve Lansdown is holding his nerve (presumably on Lee Johnson's position) and what exactly is it that he has the conviction to see through? You can obviously see something that eludes most of us!

3 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Why are you happy that Steve Lansdown is holding his nerve (presumably on Lee Johnson's position) and what exactly is it that he has the conviction to see through? You can obviously see something that eludes most of us!

He may be wrong, time will tell.

But I have the upmost repect for any person in this world who has beliefs and has the conviction to see those beliefs through. I may not agree with those beliefs but by God if some one has the fight passion amd belief in something I can fault that one bit.

SL obviously believes in his own judgement of LJ and I can only admire that. This is a guy who has made himself a billionaire by making judgements so I'm inclined to back his judgement.

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

After 67 years, I feel the same as you Londoner. I will deliberately miss a home game tomorrow night when I could get to Ashton Gate for the first time in my life. I lived in Shrewsbury for ten years only missing one home due to being snowed in and missed one while living in Livingston due to illness. Even in Portugal I got back several times a season.

But I've had enough of Johnson who is the worst manager in my lifetime.Totally inept.

Shame on you  cidered  abroad  ,    will be making my  260 mile round trip from Leicester  as ihave every home match for the past 40 yr     ill continue to follow  through thick and thin  to my dying day    I support  BRISTOL CITY  the club   what ever the situation of whats  going on   you know what it is like   you can moved around the country  , you can change your women in your life   but you cannot change your football team !

5 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Shame on you  cidered  abroad  ,    will be making my  260 mile round trip from Leicester  as ihave every home match for the past 40 yr     ill continue to follow  through thick and thin  to my dying day    I support  BRISTOL CITY  the club   what ever the situation of whats  going on   you know what it is like   you can moved around the country  , you can change your women in your life   but you cannot change your football team !

I've always said to Everyone that BCFC have been the one constant in my life. Friends come and go, same with partners but BCFC always remains. 

Archived