IGNORED

Had enough see you lot later.

Londoner

To be honest, the 1st post by Londoner sums it up well. Agree.

BUT, I am in love with this club and will not let it go.

It is a bit like having a torrid affair with a dirty whore behind the wife's back. You know you should'nt be doing it but you keep going back for more. I will be down AG tomorrow evening. Love the club too much! COYRs.

Infact I would go as far to say that those who say enough is enough, will be there again next season, regardless of which division we are in. What the **** would I do on a Saturday afternoon?

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Never felt so disillusioned and disinterested in the club as i do now. as someone who during the Millen and Mcinnes reigns commuted to the Gate from central london on the megabus every weekend to see home and away games i would have classed myself as a massive city fan.....right now i feel like i couldnt give a shit. Even when times were hard i would go.

The treatment of us fans by Lansdown and Johnson has been a disgrace,they have taken us for complete fools and treated us with zero respect.

I will not be going to the gate again while this clueless waste of space of a manager is leading the club. If only we had lost to Fleetwood. 

I feel sorry for the players, they have been utterly let down by the mixed messages and ineptitude by a complete and utter fraud.

No doubt posters will say bye bye better off without you attention seeker etc etc...doesnt bother me in the slightest very unhappy with this club tsking my money and ******* it down the drain on this clown. 

Take care all.

Is this the 5.30 announcement?

40 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

There has been far worse times than this

Yes 1982 was horrendous but at least once the Eight Legends agreed to be made redundant, we still had a club to support even if we had no money and skinny little kids in the first team, who incidentally worked their socks off for TC. The Eight Legends are always remembered but the kids like Wayne Bray, John Economou, Rob Newman, Gary Williams etc did a heroic job in helping to save us.

This time it is totally different; we've spent £15 million on players, yes we recouped most of it with Kodjia, so to be relegated so ignominiously, pathetically as we are going to be, is an utter disgrace. And the blame lies not with the players, who must be just as pissed off as we are with the constant tinkering and formation changes, but with SL and LJ.

I might carry on using this forum, but I'm certainly not going anywhere near the Gate while LJ is employed by City.

40 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No disrespect mate. But you're fans take any old shit . Our owner has pumped millions into this football club. And it's embarrassing. But city fans won't stand for this . Regardless 

Take any old shit?  I'm just a fan, I've had my moans like everyone else but if you think any of the 'action' City fans may or may not take right now will make an awful lot of difference in the long term then I think you're kidding yourself. I've seen Rovers sack two managers after just ten games, so our board certainly reacted to fan and player pressure, so by your reckoning I suppose that means we DON'T stand for any old shit, although personally I just think that means our board at the time didn't have the courage of their convictions, whether they did the right thing or not, we will never know.

If Lansdown really does believe in Johnson, then I kind of admire the guts in sticking with him during a very, very tough time. That said, I'm amazed he is still in a job, not just because of the poor results either, post match interviews are a bit of a nonsense anyway, and normally I wouldn't read much into them, but in them Johnson looks like a man in a corner with absolutely no idea how to get out of it.

Shocking isn't it, that we can go from one of the brightest looking clubs for prospective managers - huge financial backing, committed and tightly knit squad, new stadium on the way, fresh off winning L1 at a canter. And now we've got fans of 70 or so years losing faith. Something is desperately wrong but SL's ego is too overblown to do something about it.

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

We've been relegated loads of times and there have been lots of unpopular and underperforming managers who the club has kept for longer than most fans would want. 

We've been here before. I've seen it before - and pre-Lansdown too.

Fans don't elect the manager here or at any other club. 

And every relegation is "avoidable" in some sense. Even 82 happened because of the club's stupidity. 

Those who say it has been worse are right. It has.

We just didn't have the social media culture of permanent outrage back then.

I'm not happy with the situation,  but I refuse to go OTT. 

Big difference is the money invested not only on players, but Stadium, this was supposed to come together at the same time... Unfortunately this crest of a wave has coming down through bad management.

It is nothing like other years.. The investment is there to push on, but we are gong backwards.  The interest, the finance, the Stadium, all there, I cannot see how going down has any part to play in that scenario,

Other relegation's (i understand we are not down yet) cannot and should not be compared to this situation

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

We've been relegated loads of times and there have been lots of unpopular and underperforming managers who the club has kept for longer than most fans would want. 

We've been here before. I've seen it before - and pre-Lansdown too.

Fans don't elect the manager here or at any other club. 

And every relegation is "avoidable" in some sense. Even 82 happened because of the club's stupidity. 

Those who say it has been worse are right. It has.

We just didn't have the social media culture of permanent outrage back then.

I'm not happy with the situation,  but I refuse to go OTT. 

What he said, times ten, except the first sentence of the last line :)

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Take any old shit?  I'm just a fan, I've had my moans like everyone else but if you think any of the 'action' City fans may or may not take right now will make an awful lot of difference in the long term then I think you're kidding yourself. I've seen Rovers sack two managers after just ten games, so our board certainly reacted to fan and player pressure, so by your reckoning I suppose that means we DON'T stand for any old shit, although personally I just think that means our board at the time didn't have the courage of their convictions, whether they did the right thing or not, we will never know.

If Lansdown really does believe in Johnson, then I kind of admire the guts in sticking with him during a very, very tough time. That said, I'm amazed he is still in a job, not just because of the poor results either, post match interviews are a bit of a nonsense anyway, and normally I wouldn't read much into them, but in them Johnson looks like a man in a corner with absolutely no idea how to get out of it.

I'm not saying it will make a difference. But at least we will try . 

16 minutes ago, TRL said:

Big difference is the money invested not only on players, but Stadium, this was supposed to come together at the same time... Unfortunately this crest of a wave has coming down through bad management.

It is nothing like other years.. The investment is there to push on, but we are gong backwards.  The interest, the finance, the Stadium, all there, I cannot see how going down has any part to play in that scenario,

Other relegation's (i understand we are not down yet) cannot and should not be compared to this situation

Having a shiny stadium doesn't stop relegation.

A load of new players was inevitable.  Cotts' travails show what happens when you try and compete in this division without spending enough and with a wafer-thin squad. 

I'm not giving LJ a "get out of jail" card here: he's still primarily responsible for the farce of this season.

I just don't - personally - find it a more depressing season than when (for example) we fell out the Championship,  were expected to bounce right back and then spent months anchored to the foot of L1, being humiliated by the likes of Crawley. 

I will continue going to matches just as I did under SOD, tiny P etc.

17 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

To be honest, the 1st post by Londoner sums it up well. Agree.

BUT, I am in love with this club and will not let it go.

It is a bit like having a torrid affair with a dirty whore behind the wife's back. You know you should'nt be doing it but you keep going back for more. I will be down AG tomorrow evening. Love the club too much! COYRs.

Infact I would go as far to say that those who say enough is enough, will be there again next season, regardless of which division we are in. What the **** would I do on a Saturday afternoon?

Maybe it's the pain of seeing something loved in such a dire state that is causing people to stay away GD? It's totally avoidable and people, myself included, will be back once the useless one is removed. I can't watch what the useless berk is doing to the club, I just can't.

48 minutes ago, RumRed said:

And what happened in that situation that saved us? 

There is so much retconning from the 'true believers' it's insane.

32 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

May have.. I'll get a reply eventually I imagine.

Exactly this is bad but 82 is worse for different reasons. 

This is needless and that's the issue. With the stability, facilities, and the money spent this year it just doesn't justify us going down because of such poor management from the top (on and off field)

No need to imagine: All I can say TIR is keep doing your dissertation  whilst you still know everything but FFS don't use the word "retconning" from a bloke that knows very little.

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

What he said, times ten, except the first sentence of the last line :)

You lads have had it worse and credit to those who stuck around and stuck with the club in the Bananarama League.

I'd like to say to everyone,  I'm not having a go at those who want to boycott.  It's your decision.  Football is supposed to be a leisure activity,  it's not National Service. 

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No need to imagine: All I can say TIR is keep doing your dissertation  whilst you still know everything but FFS don't use the word "retconning" from a bloke that knows very little.

So what rescued us from SOD taking us down to Div 4?

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Having a shiny stadium doesn't stop relegation.

A load of new players was inevitable.  Cotts' travails show what happens when you try and compete in this division without spending enough and with a wafer-thin squad. 

I'm not giving LJ a "get out of jail" card here: he's still primarily responsible for the farce of this season.

I just don't - personally - find it a more depressing season than when (for example) we fell out the Championship,  we're expected to bounce right back and then spent months anchored to the foot of L1, being humiliated by the likes of Crawley. 

I will continue going to matches just as I did under SOD, tiny P etc.

I know, but this club has wrecked its chances.. And I am not particularly aiming this at the Head coach.  This could have happened last season, but we luckily got out of it.   We should have been pushing forward after promotion, instead we went in with a threadbare squad and lost all momentum.  

After years of having a bloated squad we go into this season with a good basis of a squad that needed bolstering with some quality in key areas.  Then all of a sudden new players are coming out of our ears, and we have got bloat again with what looks like a huge amount spent on bolstering a midfield to the point where that midfield can change completely 3 games running if necessary.

None of this needed to happen, it has been horrendously mismanaged, and if we go down, god knows how we are going to move on all those new players who will not be wanting to play level 3 football. Financially we are going to be screwed, making it very hard making the jump back up if the worst is to happen.

I understand nothing is guaranteed in football, but this should never of happened, we had momentum that was ripped a part by the powers that be at the club.

Totally crazy if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Shocking isn't it, that we can go from one of the brightest looking clubs for prospective managers - huge financial backing, committed and tightly knit squad, new stadium on the way, fresh off winning L1 at a canter. And now we've got fans of 70 or so years losing faith. Something is desperately wrong but SL's ego is too overblown to do something about it.

When we watched City in the 60's and early 70's, we never expected much because HD didnt promise us the Land of Milk and Honey, then AD came along and then we suddenly became a 'name' in football and for a few years we ate at the Top Table. Since then we have gone from beggars to paupers to semi respectable. We endured the Johnson Senior era where once again The Top Table was in sight only to be wrenched away from us. Once again wilderness till SC came along and we believed in ourselves once again. We then were excited by comments coming out of the club.new stadium. 5 pillars, etc etc. We all thought the Top Table was in sight again as our 'owner' sold us into a new plan with a corporate Bristol Sport, better stadium, etc etc. The truth is they are just like politicians with the NHS, constantly promising but NEVER delivering. That is why fans like me of 59 years standing are just losing faith, and YES I do put it down to the man at the top, and if you cant see that, I hope your next 40 years of following City aren't as fraught as my last 59 years have been.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I'd like to see MRR state 'a change of manager'.  That's all.

I have got that right haven't I or am I going completely senile?

I know that's what I was waiting for as well.

Oh don't worry Cotts took over December and we finished 12th im with you on that unless I've gone mental as well

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You lads have had it worse and credit to those who stuck around and stuck with the club in the Bananarama League.

I'd like to say to everyone,  I'm not having a go at those who want to boycott.  It's your decision.  Football is supposed to be a leisure activity,  it's not National Service. 

I've gotta say RR that your post about the boycott- along the lines of 'I've firkin paid for a ticket so I'm going' is bang on.

As is this post.

If people want to boycott then fair play- don't go and watch your team- your choice. If it 's that bad then do something else- oops- I'm not allowed to say that- am I?

If many of us want to continue to watch football or support our club ( 17000 roughly at the latest count)  however truly shite we are then fair play too. It doesn't make us abnormal or in the case of some on here- disloyal in an inverse perverse way.

2 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

I know that's what I was waiting for as well.

Oh don't worry Cotts took over December and we finished 12th im with you on that unless I've gone mental as well

Tfft, thought I'd made a right howler, and would have to book an appointment at the Docs!

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I just don't - personally - find it a more depressing season than when (for example) we fell out the Championship,  were expected to bounce right back and then spent months anchored to the foot of L1, being humiliated by the likes of Crawley. 

I understood your posts about there being much worse as referring to 82 and other things that were before my time. I didn't think you were referring to the SO'D season in L1! I would respectfully disagree. Losing becomes a habit and we fell into that league losing games and carried on doing it. What followed wasn't acceptable but it also wasn't surprising. Dreary, negative football from a losing side and a mix of several regimes players mailing it in.

To me this is far worse.

LJ has conjured up losing as well as that dreary, negative football, out of nothing, and without having to deal with a mish mash of other people's players, but the relative luxury of spending £15m on assembling his own. Where S'OD couldn't turn the ship away from the iceberg, LJ has actually now managed in five months to turn the ship straight back at the iceberg (if you allow that struggles last season under SC most could see reason and solution for).

I know you weren't setting out to defend LJ in any way, so I'm really just challenging the idea S'OD still ranks worse for you! I realise this is like comparing shades of vomit but I felt it was worth mentioning. ;) You're right that social media and sharing information magnifies modern outrage, and I am not qualified to say if it's worst ever, but in my lifetime of watching City it's easily the worst football and the most obvious mismanagement of the resources available. 

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I've gotta say RR that your post about the boycott- along the lines of 'I've firkin paid for a ticket so I'm going' is bang on.

As is this post.

If people want to boycott then fair play- don't go and watch your team- your choice. If it 's that bad then do something else- oops- I'm not allowed to say that- am I?

If many of us want to continue to watch football or support our club ( 17000 roughly at the latest count)  however truly shite we are then fair play too. It doesn't make us abnormal or in the case of some on here- disloyal in an inverse perverse way.

I find myself in agreement with both you and RR. We all pay our money and can make choices. I'm really not that fussed what other people do, but for now watching the club wring defeat from the jaws of victory week after week is getting me down...it's not how I choose to spend my leisure time. Over the past few decades I've watched many a match when our luck has been out, when we were struggling against the odds...that's not what I see now. I see a complete waste of an opportunity to take the club back to somewhere near where it was when I first attended in the Dicks era. Goodness knows, we've waited long enough!

9 minutes ago, TRL said:

I know, but this club has wrecked its chances.. And I am not particularly aiming this at the Head coach.  This could have happened last season, but we luckily got out of it.   We should have been pushing forward after promotion, instead we went in with a threadbare squad and lost all momentum.  

After years of having a bloated squad we go into this season with a good basis of a squad that needed bolstering with some quality in key areas.  Then all of a sudden new players are coming out of our ears, and we have got bloat again with what looks like a huge amount spent on bolstering a midfield to the point where that midfield can change completely 3 games running if necessary.

None of this needed to happen, it has been horrendously mismanaged, and if we go down, god knows how we are going to move on all those new players who will not be wanting to play level 3 football. Financially we are going to be screwed, making it very hard making the jump back up if the worst is to happen.

I understand nothing is guaranteed in football, but this should never of happened, we had momentum that was ripped a part by the powers that be at the club.

Totally crazy if you ask me.

I wouldn't say we have a bloated squad: about average I think. Count the heads at Villa or QPR if you want to see bloat.

Relegation is a nightmare always and there are always things clubs could have done to avoid it: spend more; spend more wisely;  sack the manager; stick with the manager etc etc.

As Championship football becomes ever more expensive,  with buckets of parachute payment money sloshing about, so relegation becomes ever worse.

This will be a bad one, but I'll still be watching the club next season. It's what I do. Even when I think those in charge are bellends.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Never felt so disillusioned and disinterested in the club as i do now. as someone who during the Millen and Mcinnes reigns commuted to the Gate from central london on the megabus every weekend to see home and away games i would have classed myself as a massive city fan.....right now i feel like i couldnt give a shit. Even when times were hard i would go.

The treatment of us fans by Lansdown and Johnson has been a disgrace,they have taken us for complete fools and treated us with zero respect.

I will not be going to the gate again while this clueless waste of space of a manager is leading the club. If only we had lost to Fleetwood. 

I feel sorry for the players, they have been utterly let down by the mixed messages and ineptitude by a complete and utter fraud.

No doubt posters will say bye bye better off without you attention seeker etc etc...doesnt bother me in the slightest very unhappy with this club tsking my money and ******* it down the drain on this clown. 

Take care all.

I only took you off 'ignore' recently :whistle::P

30 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Completely senile. 

Check out thread after Nottingham Forest.

@wendyredredrobin was so amazed she commented on it.

You've lost me, we got relegated to div 3 after the new manager bounce, plummeted to the bottom of said division and then changed manager, the rest is history?

Maybe a typo on your part and you meant Div 3 and not 4?

And no idea what @wendyredredrobin has to do with it?  Don't remember the post :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

I understood your posts about there being much worse as referring to 82 and other things that were before my time. I didn't think you were referring to the SO'D season in L1! I would respectfully disagree. Losing becomes a habit and we fell into that league losing games and carried on doing it. What followed wasn't acceptable but it also wasn't surprising. Dreary, negative football from a losing side and a mix of several regimes players mailing it in.

To me this is far worse.

LJ has conjured up losing as well as that dreary, negative football, out of nothing, and without having to deal with a mish mash of other people's players, but the relative luxury of spending £15m on assembling his own. Where S'OD couldn't turn the ship away from the iceberg, LJ has actually now managed in five months to turn the ship straight back at the iceberg (if you allow that struggles last season under SC most could see reason and solution for).

I know you weren't setting out to defend LJ in any way, so I'm really just challenging the idea S'OD still ranks worse for you! I realise this is like comparing shades of vomit but I felt it was worth mentioning. ;) You're right that social media and sharing information magnifies modern outrage, and I am not qualified to say if it's worst ever, but in my lifetime of watching City it's easily the worst football and the most obvious mismanagement of the resources available. 

Would say GJ falls under that category, yes I know we made the play-off final but it was like a wing and a prayer, when we were found we were bashed... Ipswich/Barnsley (both away) and the last 10 games of that season. The mismanagement of resources which culminated in signing below average players and  deadwood players receiving cushy contracts which had a lasting effect for a few seasons after was scandalous.

I'll put my tin hat on ;)

Archived