IGNORED

Had enough see you lot later.

Londoner

12 hours ago, shelts said:

Great OP it does get you rather upset. Agree with the mixed messages , formations etc, but feel rather short changed by our costliest assembled squad ever, highest ever wage bill. Gutless 

What's our wage bill out of interest?

I remember it towards the end of our last stint in the Championship, £18.6m one year (either 11-12 or 12-13). I also remember a Midas in reverse corrleation in which the wage bill kept rising and our performances got worse and worse!

Gotta be going some to be higher than £18.6m now. Regardless it's probably towards upper end of our historic wage bill and lower midtable/midtable generally at this level.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Oh wait, what happened to the trenches last season? There isn't any need to "debate" your view when you contradict yourself so transparently in your own posts. Since when did it matter what manager we have for people to "fight to the death" (your words) rather than "go into full on meltdown mode at any sign of failure" (your words). You seem to be applying one standard to your view of last season and another to everyone else's view of this season.

By the way comments about trenches and like "You really do find out a lot about someone's character during tough times" aimed at others on here are so typical of your passive aggressive WUM act. You know exactly what reaction that will generate and so it should - and then you'll be on here complaining about abuse and intolerance. Who are you to question the integrity and support of others who don't share your view? This is a forum for discussing what is now a ridiculous level of ineptness, don't get that confused with the effort and support people put into getting to games and getting behind the club.

Have your comical views by all means, replete with subtle little digs about your superiority to everyone else (as per Derby away, Leeds away), but don't embarrass yourself and everyone on this forum by questioning something so basic as peoples fight and will to win. We are all loyal Bristol City fans, we all want the club to win. Spare us the "I'm most loyal" teachers pet act, which of course is followed by the inevitable "everyone's being nasty to me" follow up when people react to your quite deliberate and repeated attempt to goad others about their relative will to win or lack of fight. It's all so transparent.

By the way, yes there are a lot of unnecessary threads adding little but hysteria now, but there are also some very detailed debates in certain threads in the last few days, as there always are - you haven't participated in any of them.

Oh Olé how you have things so wrong.

I couldn't give two hoots about winding people up, I do not attempt to get a reaction out of anyone, I express my views and thats where it starts and ends. Stop trying to look for something that isn't there.

Comical views? I've read that far and stopped reading. Disgraceful attitude from someone whos posts I had long admired and respected. By all means attack my posts, pick them apart etc but how dare you label someone's view as laughable, be it my own or someone else's. My views are my views that I genuinely believe in, to have someone label them comical because I don't toe the party line is kinda shitty.

What the food is happening here? Our team is on a bad run and it turns people?? It's a game of football ffs!! A bloody game!!

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Just to demonstrate the inconsistency of comment, I thought I would recall some of his comments from the past (was bored in an airport)

Aug 30th 2015
All is good at AG tho. Again I'll say it we've won a league and cup double. Multi million pound stadium redevelopment and were back in the championship. So what if we have lost a few. Look at the teams around us in the table. Were in good company. Only issue is with bringing players in. That could all change over the next few days. We have brought in a few already and it seems we are actively seeking transfers. Most transfers happen towards the end of the window anyways  (The world is wonderful)

Sept 19th

No one is saying Cotts out right now. I can only speak for myself but I really hope he turns it around as I like the guy. My position is that due to the lack of transfer activity in the summer and the poir results and the feel good factor of promotion has vanished then for me Cotts positiin must be under review. It's better to make a change in Sept rather than in Dec when were almost down and out ( 6 weeks into the season, the advocate of stability is already questioning the manager)

Sept 19th
The 352 needs to be ditched. it clearly isn't working and if Cotts wont try something new then his position has to be considered ( So this manager has to change something yet the current one after 15M and 20 new players and every formation known in the football text book without any results need not be questioned)

Nov 3rd (when talking Costs replacement)
Pearson for me. He won't get a lower prem job. He would be able to attract players such as Gayle etc where as cotts can't. We need a manager who can attract Experienced Championship players. Pearson can do that. ( no longer needed, it seems) 

Nov 7th (regarding LJ at Barnsley)
Think it was a bad career decision tbh. Sometimes the best thing that can happen to a young manager is to be sacked as it will help them learn from past mistakes. ( the same person, in light of a total disaster will now no longer benefit from being sacked and learning from his lessons)

Dec 5th
Time to go I'm sorry to say. Really wished it worked out but now we are in a precarious position. Results havejust not been good enough. Get a new man in now and that gives him a few weeks with the players before the window open (Interesting, we are now on the worst run of form in out history, yet you advocate stability. Indeed the change made last time where Pembo put the team out with a battle plan saved the season )

I could go on. Draw your own conclusions as to why the person posts as they do. 

As I said at the time, I liked Cotts but after he messed up the transfer window and refused to switch from 352 it was clear his time was up. 

To this day I still believe we need a Person type manager, I would have chosen Person over LJ personally but at the same time was interested to see how a young up and coming manager with fresh ideas would work, admittedly not too well it's proven. 

My view on LJ is that the jury is well and truly out. I want him sacked because of the current form but then on the other hand I keep hoping he can produce what he did last season and at the start of this. 

But my view and your views don't matter, no amount of posts on an Internet forum will change SL view and unfortunately it's only his view that counts. 

Ive accepted that LJ is here for the foreseeable future if we like it or not, I keep expecting him to be sacked but somehow he hangs on. I don't give a **** who our manager is right now, all I care about is retaining our Championship status and until that's impossible I'll keep believing. 

1 hour ago, Wellspokenman said:

Up The City, I can agree on 1 point only. There is no place for abuse, nor is there a place for fighting amongst ourselves, as I sadly evidenced in the Dolman's on Saturday. Disgraceful.

The players maybe trying, but there is no cohesion on the pitch, no game plan and certainly no tactical awareness. 

Teams come to play us, having already identified our weaknesses and exploit them, time after time after time. They know that Flint pulls the fullbacks out of shape, leaving massive holes for them to drive down the flanks to cross into the box. They know we have no pace on the wings, so play long balls into the middle. They know our only strength is Tammy, so they put 2 men on him. They read us like a book, but sadly we seem incapable of doing the same.

I have said before that a person get promoted to his level of incompetence and sadly we have that with LJ. His only approach is to try a different squad each week in the vein hope that it clicks. When it doesn't, he puts more men up front hoping that works. When again that doesn't work, he drops players, so they end up playing for their name on the starting sheet and not for the team. Hokey Cokey football manager. In out, in out, shake it all about.

I am not one to protest or Boycott games. I love going down to the Gate with my son, have a couple of beers and a pie - quality time you know ?

Constant sacking of managers is not the answer, but can we at least start with a manager of some pedigree and technical ability on which to build a foundation ?

I hate it I absolutely hate it. Over the years I've spent many happy times amongst our support and now there is a clear divide and I start to wonder can this fracture ever be heeled?  What is clear is there is no winners in any of this. 

All your other points I completely agree with. People seem to think I'm oblivious to it all when in fact I just don't see the point in repeating what everyone else is saying. I share the same frustrations as everyone else. I do try to look for positives tho to give myself some hope.

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I hate it I absolutely hate it. Over the years I've spent many happy times amongst our support and now there is a clear divide and I start to wonder can this fracture ever be heeled?  What is clear is there is no winners in any of this. 

All your other points I completely agree with. People seem to think I'm oblivious to it all when in fact I just don't see the point in repeating what everyone else is saying. I share the same frustrations as everyone else. I do try to look for positives tho to give myself some hope.

Now, on that, I can but agree !

We are all positive for the next game, as I will be tonight, and at some stage it WILL happen. We are just not sure that it will happen in this season and with this manager.....

There was much promise after the way we finished last season (new manager syndrome in hindsight maybe ?) and as such much expectation going into this. 

Perhaps our hopes were built up too much, so when they were dashed, it made it worse !!! 

Still, I will be there tonight, and next season, think and thin. COYR....

7 hours ago, megansdad said:

so much for City 'til I die. Whenever and wherever for me. Best Chairman we have had and if people don't recognise his passion and ambition and his willingness to put HIS money where his mouth is I feel sorry for them. 

Depends which attributes you feel are important in a Chairman. 

And he's not the chairman. 

26 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You are digging yourself one very deep hole with your constant contradictory posts!

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I couldn't give two hoots about winding people up, I do not attempt to get a reaction out of anyone

From the person who posted these remarks:

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with a lot of these posters.

They would be predicting certain death before a bullet was even fired.

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You really do find out a lot about someone's character during tough times

I'll just leave it at that.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

From the person who posted these remarks:

I'll just leave it at that.

An honest assessment. Or is that not allowed? Again your looking for something that's not there.

Can you honestly tell me that during tough times in life you would want people around you who are quick to throw the towel in and are prone to having meltdowns? 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

An honest assessment. Or is that not allowed? Again your looking for something that's not there.

Can you honestly tell me that during tough times in life you would want people around you who are quick to throw the towel in and are prone to having meltdowns? 

Quick to throw the towel in ??? It's a begrudging, ENDURANCE TEST !!!!

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

That's the point. It hasn't been quick. 

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You don't post anything of interest 

Drivel

I believe

I hope 

I believe 

No reasoning behind it - hope is about as good a case as you make

Well never have I felt so detached from my football Club, that's MY Football Club MY Football Club Mr ******* Lansdown...I go way back, watched Big John, home and away spent every waking hour thinking of this club, no matter where I was, even in Bahrain in the RAF, still would 'worry' about match days....now still the passion, but feel let down, you have sold our club out, you have managed in a few short years to unpick the proud traditions that is Bristol City, we are Bristol Sport, whatever that might me c/w with a soulless stadium that has tried to be all things to everyone and turns out to be nothing to everyone, what a cock up? 

And now despite all the bad feelings and concerns you still treat us with contempt, in not sharing the truth, you have surrounded yourself with grovelling yes men , to-day that was only too apparent. To be honest I would rather you Go...take your millions and **** off...I  want my City back, even if we have to rebuild again, like we did from the bottom up, no passion, no fight no identity, good Lord man get someone in who understands the game, not your Boy, not Lee, and not Ashton, Enough is Enough!!

A fair few I know won't be attending tonight, and all of them are season ticket holders. A couple who pay for a fair amount of home games have basically said they won't be attending any games for the rest of the season. 

The club has detached itself from virtually everyone, and I really don't think Lansdown can see how much damage has actually been done in the last few months. When the season ticket renewals come out he will soon realise.

Archived