IGNORED

Half time scores

Whitchurch1966

This may have been asked before, if so I must have missed it. Why can't we have half time scores on the big screens? When I first started going to Ashton Gate a bloke would come out at half time with a wheelbarrow and metal numbers and put the scores up on hooks, match reference letters were in the programme. If we can't have them on the screen can we get the wheelbarrow out again?

17 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

This may have been asked before, if so I must have missed it. Why can't we have half time scores on the big screens? When I first started going to Ashton Gate a bloke would come out at half time with a wheelbarrow and metal numbers and put the scores up on hooks, match reference letters were in the programme. If we can't have them on the screen can we get the wheelbarrow out again?

Might be worth asking a Mod to transfer this to the Q&A section so @Mkelly can answer it...

@phantom @Dollymarie @RedM @WesM 

19 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I think that the reason they can't be put on the screen is the majority of info on the screen is fed into the computer that shows it days before the game. Will tag @AdamB so he can explain more fully because I don't quite get how it works. 

Is it loaded via cassette like an old ZX Spectrum? 

Sounds like we got ourselves a rubbish bit of tech. Did we buy it off Arfur or Del-Boy? 

I've been away with City for years, never seen a large screen that didn't show the scores at half time. Mind you I have been to lots of grounds where away supporters can't see the screen so they might be showing funeral director adverts at half time as well and I would never know it.

Time for man in a white coat with the wheelbarrow I think.

4 minutes ago, AdamB said:

That is certainly the aim from next season, when we look to improve the kit we're using for the big screens.

Regards,
Adam

Will it show the substitutions as well Adam? With the sound system in the SS unable to be understood it would be nice to know who has come on for the opposition. Unless you have an in depth knowledge of say, Ipswich`s squad and can recognise the player you haven`t a clue who has come on and whether he`s a striker, defender or whatever..

17 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Will it show the substitutions as well Adam? With the sound system in the SS unable to be understood it would be nice to know who has come on for the opposition. Unless you have an in depth knowledge of say, Ipswich`s squad and can recognise the player you haven`t a clue who has come on and whether he`s a striker, defender or whatever..

Agreed. And also a thing I've seen at other away grounds is confirmation of any players booked, sometimes it's not clear if a ref has booked a player, never mind who. Then at times we manage to switch away from our adverts, can we have the team lists up with little red or yellow cards against players names, especially useful for opposition players.

On 27/03/2017 at 12:18, CyderInACan said:

Is it loaded via cassette like an old ZX Spectrum? 

Sounds like we got ourselves a rubbish bit of tech. Did we buy it off Arfur or Del-Boy? 

Loved my zx spectrum!! Distraught when it had to go. Football Director, what a game!!!:clapping:

Archived