IGNORED

Thank Bob it's matchday Brentford thread

Major Isewater

Just now, 'keepuplino' said:

Who give the instructions, who motivates, who's paid to manage these idiots? 

Not disagreeing with any of that and not defending Johnson. But it's a genuine question. 

Players were rightly credited with praise after Huddersfield but today all the flack is aimed at the manager, I'm simply asking why not the players. Because on the face of it the manager has done nothing differently today. 

What does a manager say at half time that sees the players stand off the opposition equally as much as they did in the first half?

I am sorry but Lee Johnson is either an imbecile or the players could not give a toss. It must be one or tother. Unfathomable and pitiful to put it mildly. 

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He had to scramble across goal because Bryan yet again didn't track the runner, the keeper isn't at fault the lack of defending down the wings is,

put any of the best keepers in the world in goal and the result will be the same, we just don't cut out crosses 

that is the fault of that useless ***** and how he sets it up

It can be more than one persons fault.  Half decent keeper who have been big and saved what was a poor shot close to keeper 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

At what point do the players have to take responsibility?

After the Huddersfield performance LJ was rightly credited with getting things just right.

Unchanged formation and team selection and I'm pretty sure his instructions wouldn't have been 'do everything completely differently this time, yeah?'

Our piss poor individuals need to collectively start taking responsibility for shite performances. 

At what point has a squad of players ever taken responsibility for results?, I cannot recall ever a manager with LJ's record being defended/excused in the way that he is.

And for the record I don't recsll many people crediting LJ after Huddersfield, most credited the players.

You can't have it both ways.

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't see a lack of effort. Johnson said after Newcastle game (I think) that he felt he could not play tomlin in that kind of game. Obviously because of the other side dominating possession and having to deny time and space. Shame he couldn't work out that this game was gonna be another one of those kind of games.

Well I certainly do. We're not even doing the basics

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

At what point has a squad of players ever taken responsibility for results?, I cannot recall ever a manager with LJ's record being defended/excused in the way that he is.

And for the record I don't recsll many people crediting LJ after Huddersfield, most credited the players.

If you don't calm down a bit, you are nailed-on for a heart attack.

****** chill-out will you?

7 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

Agree to a point. However Hudds game motivation created by tv cameras, nothing to do with LJ imo.

Players should take responsibility, but very difficult to perform week after week under someone you have no faith, respect for.

And who does not know what he is doing.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

That's exactly my point. I'm just curious as to why it's the players achievement when we win and the managers fault when we lose. 

If Johnson - who I want out by the way in case that's not already clear - had made 6 changes and tinkered with the formation again I could understand it being entirely his fault. 

I understand the buck stops with him but IMO a lot of players need to take a good look at themselves when this laughable season is over. 

Archived