IGNORED

Trouble after the game

COACH2

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Shouldn't apply to any. 

there appears to be a misconception that I condone what happened today. I don't. I was trying to say (albeit in a clumsy fashion) that alcohol and me isn't always a good mix and I've been at both ends of the violence scale when male+alcohol+a bit stupid happened. I'm not condone it, I merely said it happens. For the record, there is a very strict limit of my alcohol intake these days

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry to tell you but if it doesn't happen at Football it happens elsewhere - there will be a number of serious assaults in the City Centre Tonight , nothing to do with Football

have to say there's some very naive or sheltered people out there - and it's good in a lot of ways - maybe it was what I worked in for years that showed me that world

Not supporting , condoning etc etc but it's out there in all forms and areas every day

Bob. stop being the voice of reason.. it gets on peoples tits (it seems)

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

there appears to be a misconception that I condone what happened today. I don't. I was trying to say (albeit in a clumsy fashion) that alcohol and me isn't always a good mix and I've been at both ends of the violence scale when male+alcohol+a bit stupid happened. I'm not condone it, I merely said it happens. For the record, there is a very strict limit of my alcohol intake these days

When he can't walk, he stops  :laugh:

Sorry to tell you but if it doesn't happen at Football it happens elsewhere - there will be a number of serious assaults in the City Centre Tonight , nothing to do with Football

have to say there's some very naive or sheltered people out there - and it's good in a lot of ways - maybe it was what I worked in for years that showed me that world

No, i'm a big boy and i know what goes on. But justifying your need for thuggery under the auspices of loyalty to a football club always seemed like cowardice. 

4 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

It didn't come across that you condoned it GS

Braver man that recognises and admits they've made mistakes and errors in past

Some on here were obviously brought up in a manger and have never stepped on the cracks in the pavement

Anyone following England in 80s and 90s would have found it impossible to avoid very dodgy scenarios whether they wanted to or not for example 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not supporting , condoning etc etc but it's out there in all forms and areas every day

It happens in town centres EVERY weekend. This has JACK SHIT to do with BCFC  sorry

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

No, i'm a big boy and i know what goes on. But justifying your need for thuggery under the auspices of loyalty to a football club always seemed like cowardice. 

Don't think anyone can argue with that but it's not a Football only problem

Some perspective needed - if people knew half of what goes on in Bristol daily I hate to think what they'd think

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Mate, you can't eradicate it. The best thing you can do is NOT give them the publicity they love, by going overboard with your shock horror headlines.

What "shock, horror" headlines? 2 guys in hospital due to a fight about a game of football. That's frankly shocking. It's a ******* GAME.

Don't think anyone can argue with that but it's not a Football only problem

So,e perspective needed - if people knew half of what goes on in Bristol daily I hate to think what they'd think

It's not just Bristol, but take your point

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Can we leave the sniping out please. Take it to PM if you want to continue taking chunks out of each other. Thank you. 

Sorry Dolly but where are people 'taking chunks out of each other' - unless I've missed some posts a pretty sensible reasoned discussion

Reports of physical violence at football matches and anywhere else for that matter, always make me angry.

Anyone who goes to work should never come home in a pine box and the same applies to any kind of sporting or entertainment event. I am ashamed for our City of Bristol and for our Football Club.

My sympathies to the victims family and a wish for a total recovery.

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Reports of physical violence at football matches and anywhere else for that matter, always make me angry.

Anyone who goes to work should never come home in a pine box and the same applies to any kind of sporting or entertainment event. I am ashamed for our City of Bristol and for our Football Club.

My sympathies to the victims family and a wish for a total recovery.

Just now, SecretSam said:

"Attack the post, not the poster". 

I'm not stupid, trust me. And it was to do with football, a game

Uh, explain how kicking a bloke inh the head was to do with the game today?

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

It's not just Bristol, but take your point

Of course not Bristol - Every town and City UK wide

And sadly this incident will be one of hundreds of similar across U.K. Today , with a tiny fraction having anything to do with football 

Think back a few weeks to the violence at Bristol Rugby or the University Rugby - Young men , alcohol , 'groups' ..... 

Since the world began

Doesnt make it right of course - just reality sadly

I'm surprised how shocked some are 

Just now, harrys said:

Why?

Jokes, wisecracks, puns and now inter-arguments is just not necessary or helping the situation. I for one grew up in Wolverhampton and if It turns out anything serious has happened it's not gonna look good for us. 

All thoughts with the family at this time. Doesn't matter if you think he deserved it or not.

Police were on the scene pretty quickly.

i was in the spotted cow - out the back in the beer garden - and didn't hear of any commotion. I left just after 18:10 to get the train and as I walked out a police van pulled up, there were already officers on the scene speaking to various individuals. 

Didnt hang about to gain an understanding about what happened but initially thought someone had been hit by a car as a man was lying motionless across the zebra crossing. There was another man with head wounds sitting on the pavement but he was conscious and talking.

Shocked and very disappointed to learn this is as result of violence. If so, I hope the culprits are caught and brought to justice - no place at football, or indeed society, for this type of behaviour.

Hope those injured make a speedy and full recovery.

Archived