IGNORED

Huddersfield players maximum wage is 10,000 pounds a week AND season tickets are 100 pounds

7 hours ago, RedM said:

@CyderInACan @richwwtk you misunderstand me if you think I am knocking our kids prices. Indeed we have discounts way up until the age of 25 now dont we, 25 wtf. 

They are excellent value...if you are a kid or have child/children ( or are under 25) I guess if you are under 25 with a couple of youngsters you are getting the best value!!! I understand the need for family discounted tickets, ( not sure about the 25 year old price band) but don't be kidded that the rest of us aren't funding them and their free shirts. That wasn't the point I was saying , but there I've said it now. I would look for kiddies prices being more realistic, say £75/£100 and adults reduced by £25/£50 at least, spread it more evenly.

I would follow Huddersfields pricing, one price for all stands. I think I would have a lot more unreserved/casual seats too. If you want a particular seat you get there early and sing, build up the atmosphere. I wouldn't have all the price bands and discounts. You are either a child or an adult, as you are in the real world on the whole. If you can afford to follow football pay, if not work at it until you can. 

Good grief I'm on one today. #VoteRedM

IMO the u25 price is clever considering Bristol has 2 universities and one is close to the ground.

Uni students dont have a load of expendible income, but a reasonable price for them and it could bring them in for a few years.

Then there is the chance they woll either remain in Bristol after uni, if so then in the future any family they have who want to see a local team have us, or even if they eventually leave Bristol, if they enjoy the match day experience, then they may adopt us as a 'second team' (as it is likely that by university age, most people will have a strong affiliation with a side).

22 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'd do what many other clubs are now doing 1960maaan.

Keep away allocation to the minimum required, i.e 2k - which is still alot - and stick them somewhere out of the way on the side, not behind a goal.

And definitely not behind the goal and giving them the whole end - worst of all worlds.

The City team should be playing towards the encouragement of City fans at both ends of AG - not a mass of noise and colour in support of the visitors, and all the abuse for our corner takers, penalty takers, and aimed at our keeper for 45 minutes, which that entails.

Let alone the away team feeling like they're playing at home for half the game.

It's certain to diminish our home advantage, and the more away fans we allow over what's required the more it will inevitably disadvantage us.

Huddersfield fans, and their club in response, got it absolutely right, and if you're talking of finances potentially suffering I'm pretty sure Huddersfield have few regrets from that angle either!

Again, can't disagree. I was just trying to think from the clubs perspective. 
We are still suffering a little bit from doing the ground piecemeal , only now getting the feeling there could be an 'End' with S82 moving to the SS. Away fans could only really be in the Atyeo purely due to segregation. The only way I can see around it is have the matting at the front and seat the away lot at the back of the stand, can't see another way..... until the Atyeo is re-done :fingerscrossed: then stick 'em up in the Gods.
That said I think the League are looking into getting away fans better seats in stadiums, nearer the pitch.

15 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

IMO the u25 price is clever considering Bristol has 2 universities and one is close to the ground.

Uni students dont have a load of expendible income, but a reasonable price for them and it could bring them in for a few years.

Then there is the chance they woll either remain in Bristol after uni, if so then in the future any family they have who want to see a local team have us, or even if they eventually leave Bristol, if they enjoy the match day experience, then they may adopt us as a 'second team' (as it is likely that by university age, most people will have a strong affiliation with a side).

I can understand that argument but I would then take away the blanket discounts for under 25's and replace with student discount. I believe this was removed because it was open to fraud and it didn't apply to many who weren't covered by other age groups anyway. 

Most uni students seem to be able to find money to go out on the lash and many under 25's have more disposable income than older people. Even it out a bit that's all I want.

8 hours ago, RedM said:

@CyderInACan @richwwtk you misunderstand me if you think I am knocking our kids prices. Indeed we have discounts way up until the age of 25 now dont we, 25 wtf. 

They are excellent value...if you are a kid or have child/children ( or are under 25) I guess if you are under 25 with a couple of youngsters you are getting the best value!!! I understand the need for family discounted tickets, ( not sure about the 25 year old price band) but don't be kidded that the rest of us aren't funding them and their free shirts. That wasn't the point I was saying , but there I've said it now. I would look for kiddies prices being more realistic, say £75/£100 and adults reduced by £25/£50 at least, spread it more evenly.

I would follow Huddersfields pricing, one price for all stands. I think I would have a lot more unreserved/casual seats too. If you want a particular seat you get there early and sing, build up the atmosphere. I wouldn't have all the price bands and discounts. You are either a child or an adult, as you are in the real world on the whole. If you can afford to follow football pay, if not work at it until you can. 

Good grief I'm on one today. #VoteRedM

We can't vote for you - we don't know what you look like.

:dunno:

tfj

I couldn't agree more with @Nogbad the Bad and @RedM

The price structure is a joke if I'm honest. It's so expensive to watch football, I wish I earned more money and could just go all the time, but I can't because of the cost. 

With Huddersfield pricing, I would be able to. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, so the more bums on seats, the better the atmosphere. If they can do it, why can't we? 

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

City are a rip off.

21 minutes ago, Akira said:

I couldn't agree more with @Nogbad the Bad and @RedM

The price structure is a joke if I'm honest. It's so expensive to watch football, I wish I earned more money and could just go all the time, but I can't because of the cost. 

With Huddersfield pricing, I would be able to. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, so the more bums on seats, the better the atmosphere. If they can do it, why can't we? 

thing is, if you go by attendance they have priced it about right. Averaging nearly 20k is impressive ,specially after the two seasons we've just endured. It means they are getting the most from tickets while aiming the price at a point people may complain , but they still buy !
Everyone would love tickets to be cheaper, but we have to be realistic , SL wants the Lub to be set sufficient and money brought in from tickets adds a lot to that. As @Red Right Hand said , depending where you go tickets can be affordable.

13 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

The kids ST at £50 includes a free shirt so I think represents great value - for either City or Bris 

And Bristol Flyers.  Joe is a dual ST holder next season.  I just scab my carers ticket for free....ta Joe.

On 5/30/2017 at 07:15, Never to the dark side said:

acording to BBC five live and the wage bill is between 10 to 12 million pounds

and income is 170 million pounds

Somewhat disingenuous to quote this years wage bill with a future pay out. And ridiculous when we all know that in order to stay up next season their wage bill will inevitably mushroom and they will have no choice but to spend big on transfers compared to what they are used to.

BBC lazy journalism again if you ask me.

Archived