IGNORED

The official Cheltenham Town FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly aka Johnson Cup match day thread

BCFC_Josh

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If you're a troll, I admire your dedication in a way. 

If you aren't.. I'm constantly confused by your bizarre remarks.

Obviously people want to know how the players are getting on, especially Diedhiou, Engvall, Reid, the trialist.. it's only the second time all pre-season we've played mildly competitive opposition so it's interesting to see how the team are progressing.

Never have I had any interest pre season. They're useful for match fitness and a chance for the coaches to see fringe players but that's it.

I simply don't understand why some posters see them as a big deal. To me everything about this type of match is completely meaningless. 

I didn't even realise City were playing tonight.

Can anyone confirm whether the pigeon died or not?!?!

Not sure who got more cheers....number 5 or the pigeon.:clapping:

Not a great first half, bit sloppy and content to knock it around the back. With the subs we found pockets of space between thwir back four and midefield. Some bright and quick football played for the goals.

For cheltenham numbers 17 ad 20 looked decent players.

Long trip back to gloucester now....hic....is the pigeon dead?! :sad26:

Just now, Robbored said:

Never have I had any interest pre season. They're useful for match fitness and a chance for the coaches to see fringe players but that's it.

I simply don't understand why some posters see them as a big deal. To me everything about this type of match is completely meaningless. 

I didn't even realise City were playing tonight.

Yet you felt the need to click on a thread clearly marked as a Pre Season match thread?

Are you dense?

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

So you've got no interest at all in Diedhiou, Pisano, Reid, the triallist or Engvall? Surely most fans want to know how they're doing - look how busy this thread is for a pre-season game "ffs :dunno:"

I'll be interested in the squad when the serious stuff starts. Y'know competitive games? 

22 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Couple of observations from the game - first 30 minutes was an exercise in playing the ball across the back 5 to Neuer in goal. We were very narrow in the first half and lacked any sort of pace of urgency in our play. Famara and Gustav chasing scraps in th first half.

Second half with Bobby (for Famara), Pato (for Brownhill who again doesn't look his best out wide) and Korey (Pack) we were instantly more dangerous and energetic.

Of the youngersters who had chance to shine, thought Kelly had a good game, some nice touches. Lost his confidence at one point after getting caught out but came back into the game and offered much more, especially going forward than Vyner, who I thought looked very average tonight. I can't see Vyner as a CB yet, not imposing enough for me. Joe Morrell came in and out of the game but looked good on the ball and industrious.

Hats off to Gustav. Worked hard, showed some good touches and very nice interchange and took his goals well. More of the same. He seemed to have his head down a bit, even when he scored, but everyone seemed got behind him and plenty of back slapping on the bench when he was subbed.

Trialist - young winger, left footed but played wide right. Had 10/15 mins so difficult to judge, looked small and a little light weight but put in a good shift and had a nice touch.

Thanks for the report. Nice for Engvall to score and play well.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'll be interested in the squad when the serious stuff starts. Y'know competitive games? 

You've near enough composed an astonishing 25,000 posts on this forum. That indicates you're a huge fan of all things Bristol City.

I'm confused you're not in the slightest bit interest to hear how Diedhiou for example (our record signing) is bedding in. 

Thing is, we all know you're trolling really. It's a strange choice of wind up though. Of all the things to choose.

Oh wait, remember who Cheltenham's manager is. That'll explain the random disdain for this particular pre-season friendly from RR.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Really?  :dunno: 

Much as love City, pre season games hold zero interest for me and I'm a little surprised that other fans take them seriously enough to post a match report.

Did the title of this thread prove too confusing for you to understand..?

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

You've near enough composed an astonishing 25,000 posts on this forum. That indicates you're a huge fan of all things Bristol City.

I'm confused you're not in the slightest bit interest to hear how Diedhiou for example (our record signing) is bedding in. 

Thing is, we all know you're trolling really. It's a strange choice of wind up though. Of all the things to choose.

Not worth wasting time typing on mate.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh wait, remember who Cheltenham's manager is. That'll explain the random disdain for this particular pre-season friendly from RR.

My disdain for pre season matches is anything but random. I can't remember ever seeing one not in 50+ years of attending AG.

Just now, Robbored said:

My disdain for pre season matches is anything but random. I can't remember ever seeing one not in 50+ years of attending AG.

You've managed to write twice as much about how you don't like friendlies and your surprise at people's interest in them than Alessandro did in his brief report. 

Can we move on now...

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

You've managed to write twice as much about how you don't like friendlies and your surprise at people's interest in them than Alessandro did in his brief report. 

Can we move on now...

Red, all I posted was my questioning a fan who took a meaningless game seriously enough to write a report and inadvertently stirred up a hornets nest.

Thats otib for you........

24 minutes ago, CyberDan said:

Can anyone confirm whether the pigeon died or not?!?!

Not sure who got more cheers....number 5 or the pigeon.:clapping:

Not a great first half, bit sloppy and content to knock it around the back. With the subs we found pockets of space between thwir back four and midefield. Some bright and quick football played for the goals.

For cheltenham numbers 17 ad 20 looked decent players.

Long trip back to gloucester now....hic....is the pigeon dead?! :sad26:

He got kicked by one of our players not sure what happened in the end. 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Red, all I posted was my questioning a fan who took a meaningless game seriously enough to write a report and inadvertently stirred up a hornets nest.

Thats otib for you........

Robbo just trolling as always.

You got to page 5 of a pre season match day thread then decided to say you have no interest?

Archived