IGNORED

The official Cheltenham Town FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly aka Johnson Cup match day thread

BCFC_Josh

4 minutes ago, allyolly said:

The Trialist is actually my son's best mate. Been on trial at various clubs including A premier league club last season. Comes from Brighton and was in the away end with us when we won at the end of last season! As agents are involved I've been sworn to secrecy about saying anything else!

Could you at least list the names of your son's mates?

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It does make me feel better when I see this. Our hardest game so far on paper has been what Yeovil? Maybe im being far too negative and not normally reflective in pre season but i would have liked to have seen us play some stronger sides on paper but i suppose twente is a good test.

Good job we'll be at home and on grass against Twente .... wouldn't fancy it on paper again.

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Is your son married or soon to be? .... if you had to guess who his Best Man is likely to be who'd you reckon?  ;) 

My son's best mate was not the trialist, but probably Anthony Morgan is the most likely for his Best Man, I doubt that helps.

Couple of observations from the game - first 30 minutes was an exercise in playing the ball across the back 5 to Neuer in goal. We were very narrow in the first half and lacked any sort of pace of urgency in our play. Famara and Gustav chasing scraps in th first half.

Second half with Bobby (for Famara), Pato (for Brownhill who again doesn't look his best out wide) and Korey (Pack) we were instantly more dangerous and energetic.

Of the youngersters who had chance to shine, thought Kelly had a good game, some nice touches. Lost his confidence at one point after getting caught out but came back into the game and offered much more, especially going forward than Vyner, who I thought looked very average tonight. I can't see Vyner as a CB yet, not imposing enough for me. Joe Morrell came in and out of the game but looked good on the ball and industrious.

Hats off to Gustav. Worked hard, showed some good touches and very nice interchange and took his goals well. More of the same. He seemed to have his head down a bit, even when he scored, but everyone seemed got behind him and plenty of back slapping on the bench when he was subbed.

Trialist - young winger, left footed but played wide right. Had 10/15 mins so difficult to judge, looked small and a little light weight but put in a good shift and had a nice touch.

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Couple of observations from the game - first 30 minutes was an exercise in playing the ball across the back 5 to Neuer in goal. We were very narrow in the first half and lacked any sort of pace of urgency in our play. Famara and Gustav chasing scraps in th first half.

Second half with Bobby (for Famara), Pato (for Brownhill who again doesn't look his best out wide) and Korey (Pack) we were instantly more dangerous and energetic.

Of the youngersters who had chance to shine, thought Kelly had a good game, some nice touches. Lost his confidence at one point after getting caught out but came back into the game and offered much more, especially going forward than Vyner, who I thought looked very average tonight. I can't see Vyner as a CB yet, not imposing enough for me. Joe Morrell came in and out of the game but looked good on the ball and industrious.

Hats off to Gustav. Worked hard, showed some good touches and very nice interchange and took his goals well. More of the same. He seemed to have his head down a bit, even when he scored, but everyone seemed got behind him and plenty of back slapping on the bench when he was subbed.

Trialist - young winger, left footed but played wide right. Had 10/15 mins so difficult to judge, looked small and a little light weight but put in a good shift and had a nice touch.

Thanks for the rmatch report but it was a pre season friendly ffs........Why bother?     :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thanks for the rmatch report but it was a pre season friendly ffs........Why bother?     :dunno:

If you're a troll, I admire your dedication in a way. 

If you aren't.. I'm constantly confused by your bizarre remarks.

Obviously people want to know how the players are getting on, especially Diedhiou, Engvall, Reid, the trialist.. it's only the second time all pre-season we've played mildly competitive opposition so it's interesting to see how the team are progressing.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Because people are interested in the viewpoint of people who were there. Some actually like to know how players are doing. 

Thanks for the report anyway Alessandro. Robbored needs his bed, ignore him.

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

Because many of us are interested

Really?  :dunno: 

Much as love City, pre season games hold zero interest for me and I'm a little surprised that other fans take them seriously enough to post a match report.

Sorry to start an Agetha Christie type mystery but was only trying to say what I know without saying anything helpful!

My son has no more mates, isn't getting married and is awaiting his A level results. 

His mate on the other hand has a few offers on the table and out of respect to him, his agent and the people at BCFC who are giving him a trial it's best not to say anything more. Good to hear he had a few good touches tho! 

8 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

My son's best mate was not the trialist, but probably Anthony Morgan is the most likely for his Best Man, I doubt that helps.

Whoops...  :laugh: ... it was a long shot, worth a try, in hindsight though I should have asked the fella who said his sons best mate was the tribalism, but thought sod it I'll ask Cider Jar instead.

So is this Anthony chap useful with a football? or am I mixing him up with his brother Tony?

:) 

Just now, WhistleHappy said:

Whoops...  :laugh: ... it was a long shot, worth a try, in hindsight though I should have asked the fella who said his sons best mate was the tribalism, but thought sod it I'll ask Cider Jar instead.

So is this Anthony chap useful with a football? or am I mixing him up with his brother Tony?

:) 

He wasn't deemed good enough for Chesterton under 9's. His Dad was not happy at the time. All water under the bridge now.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Much as love City, pre season games hold zero interest for me and I'm a little surprised that other fans take them seriously enough to post a match report.

Can we have a ******** option next please Tomarse.....

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you've got no interest at all in Diedhiou, Pisano, Reid, the triallist or Engvall? Surely most fans want to know how they're doing - look how busy this thread is for a pre-season game "ffs :dunno:"

Archived