IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Barnsley FC match day thread

Septic Peg

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

South of France. 32 degrees. Wife unpacking the car.

I've served my one game (day) ban for foul and abusive language (sorry @Dollymarie) and it's game day!

Doesnt get better than this!

Lets hope we can do the business. COYR!

Released on bail?.....  is this going to affect your employment Fordy?

South of France eh? hardly the Costa de crime., tch, anyway, unlucky for some, City's at home hard luck mate...

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Whilst Flint is still at the club, he should surely be playing?

I agree. If all the transfer drama was really about him having his head turned, then surely putting him into the starting XI might have pointed his head back in the right direction. Remember this was the guy who played every game last season. Don't believe you LJ.

1 minute ago, Squire Dastardly said:

I agree. If all the transfer drama was really about him having his head turned, then surely putting him into the starting XI might have pointed his head back in the right direction. Remember this was the guy who played every game last season. Don't believe you LJ.

You seriously want us to play a player whois not in the right frame of mind?

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Would much rather have Flint at CB than Hegeler. 

I hope this is to with an impending transfer rather than LJ's perception of CB ability. 

I agree and assume Baker will be in for Hegeler by next weekend. That said, there is an argument that a centre back who can bring the ball out could be useful when we are at home. We'll miss Flint when our backs are to the wall though...

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I agree and assume Baker will be in for Hegeler by next weekend. That said, there is an argument that a centre back who can bring the ball out could be useful when we are at home. We'll miss Flint when our backs are to the wall though...

Used to enjoy watching Ayling's little runs 

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Definitely the former. Surely Wright and Baker will be our main pairing. 

Not sure about that. LJ Intimated he wanted to play with a centre back who could play the ball out and made references to Hegeler and him being an important part of that thinking. Added to the Hegeler himself sees himself as a centre back it seems Baker is a Flint replacement. Maybe he will look at 3 centre backs.. But I can't imagine it after buying Pisano

Bakers unavailability through suspension and injury should not be overlooked. I am not sure he is a shoe in first choice to be honest.

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Only got himself to blame, if I was LJ I'd have stood on a chair and tried to knock Flints block off too...

Name anything you've ever seen from Flint to suggest that he'd ever be anything other than 100% focussed on game day. 

10 minutes ago, TRL said:

Not sure about that. LJ Intimated he wanted to play with a centre back who could play the ball out and made references to Hegeler and him being an important part of that thinking. Added to the Hegeler himself sees himself as a centre back it seems Baker is a Flint replacement. Maybe he will look at 3 centre backs.. But I can't imagine it after buying Pisano

Bakers unavailability through suspension and injury should not be overlooked. I am not sure he is a shoe in first choice to be honest.

Interesting thoughts TRL. 

Can you see Baker coming here if he wasn't going to be playing regularly? Be interesting to see how it pans out

Archived