IGNORED

Mark Ashton on radio Bristol (Merged)

Never to the dark side

30 minutes ago, Red Kev 58 said:

Hi.

Just put a question to Mark Ashton on RB about who made the decision to sell him to Leeds. M A said that Luke asked to move on but we all know the real reason and for Lee to say previously that we sold him to balance the books to accommodate Tammy is garbish.

I was talking to a Leeds fan before the game and he said he was their most consistent player last season.

Why can't Lee swallow his bitter pill, and admit it then  we might still have a decent right back instead of a make shift one.

Yep can you also ask why we sold Andy cole please....

Do you think we are the only club who have let players go or sold players on perhaps when they shouldn't have??

At the time I was more than happy to have Adam Matthews as a replacement after a successful loan spell. Obviously proved wrong but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

25 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Went up and down about Ayling at the time. He pissed off SL and we had a better option (that turned out to be shit). Ayling has performed excellently away from AG as by and large has Freeman. 

It happens we move on. 

Interesting point, no one really mentions Freeman.

1 hour ago, Red Kev 58 said:

Hi.

Just put a question to Mark Ashton on RB about who made the decision to sell him to Leeds. M A said that Luke asked to move on but we all know the real reason and for Lee to say previously that we sold him to balance the books to accommodate Tammy is garbish.

I was talking to a Leeds fan before the game and he said he was their most consistent player last season.

Why can't Lee swallow his bitter pill, and admit it then  we might still have a decent right back instead of a make shift one.

Looks like you're not permitted to query this one, Kev. You got any other more up to date complaints? Or even something complimentary, if you've got this??

2 hours ago, hodge said:

I've never seen or heard this, any reference for Lee saying it? 

Said this on Sat on RB

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Yep can you also ask why we sold Andy cole please....

Do you think we are the only club who have let players go or sold players on perhaps when they shouldn't have??

At the time I was more than happy to have Adam Matthews as a replacement after a successful loan spell. Obviously proved wrong but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Went up and down about Ayling at the time. He pissed off SL and we had a better option (that turned out to be shit). Ayling has performed excellently away from AG as by and large has Freeman. 

It happens we move on. 

Think you're missing my point about what was said -

When Ayling was sold LJ stated that he'd explained to LA that his game time was going to be limited and so when Leeds came in LA accepted it was time to move on

Tonight MA hint d that Ayling , like Kodja had asked to leave the club , when challenged about this by GT he backed down quickly and waffled about ongoing discussions at the time

If not challenged by GT Ashton was happy to leave anyone listening and unaware of LJs comments at the time (Or even those on Saturday)  believing that LA had engineered a move away

Thought it was disgraceful

Listen to the i/v and see what you think GT thinks of MA

Fair play he challenged his answers on several occasions - top interviewer IMHO

I would have liked a question on infrastructure rumours, the land between the Lansdown and W'stoke rd plus put the constant rumours about the houses behind the Atyeo to bed. I appreciate he wouldn't have been able to say much but he could have said 'no' if asked was there anything in the rumours.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would have liked a question on infrastructure rumours, the land between the Lansdown and W'stoke rd plus put the constant rumours about the houses behind the Atyeo to bed. I appreciate he wouldn't have been able to say much but he could have said 'no' if asked was there anything in the rumours.

And then we`d have known for sure that it was all systems go for a new Atyeo!

28 minutes ago, spudski said:

Pisano was bought in for a reason.

Regardless of the reasons why Ayling left, no way would he be the desired type of player to suit the way LJ wants to play.

We've missed Pisano, Wright has done a 'job' and it's obvious Vyner still isn't quite up to speed yet.

Bang on 

2 hours ago, Red Kev 58 said:

Hi.

See my post above Kev

Pisano is decent , better than Ayling ? Not so sure but there we are, but we at least have a decent RB when fit

Otherwise I'm with you despite the rubbish tags you've had thrown in your direction (Wonder how many of those heard the interview or LJs previous comments on the matter :whistle:

LJ and MA believed they had a 'Rolls Royce' in Matthews and were happy to offload Ayling

Crap decision knowing Matthews latter history post Cardiff but there we are

Whats annoyed me is not for the first time bullshit is in full swing and what's worse is MA is happy to taint a decent player for us in LA with what clearly are lies , or to put it another way all three differing accounts can't all be right

Doesnt do those in charge may favours

Just put your hands up you made a decision that was in hindsight a poor one and cut the lies n spin

MA also praised Flint tonight about keeping his lips tight in transfer window and then claimed they had done the same

Funny , but I was sure we had been told 'Adens head has been turned'

Annoys me massively - spin merchants or should it be liars 

40 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I would have liked a question on infrastructure rumours, the land between the Lansdown and W'stoke rd plus put the constant rumours about the houses behind the Atyeo to bed

Bed as in Bedminster? SL is moving all the houses to Bemmy? Wow!

35 minutes ago, Red34 said:

While he doesn't mention the Atyeo I did like a lot of the answers on this:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-ashton-confirms-new-training-668349

Glad to see the ambition is definitely there about improving the already excellent academy and training ground... 

Wasn't that supposed to be going on the Ashton Vale land?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said this on Sat on RB

Think you're missing my point about what was said -

When Ayling was sold LJ stated that he'd explained to LA that his game time was going to be limited and so when Leeds came in LA accepted it was time to move on

Tonight MA hint d that Ayling , like Kodja had asked to leave the club , when challenged about this by GT he backed down quickly and waffled about ongoing discussions at the time

If not challenged by GT Ashton was happy to leave anyone listening and unaware of LJs comments at the time (Or even those on Saturday)  believing that LA had engineered a move away

Thought it was disgraceful

Listen to the i/v and see what you think GT thinks of MA

Fair play he challenged his answers on several occasions - top interviewer IMHO

Not sure I even read what you said Bob. However yes I think MA tried to change the narrative about LA today and it crossed my mind, being a good soldier he tried some kind of LJ defence. 

Either way you are right about what LJ said at the time but I would still wAger Chrltenham had something to do with it as did Matthews. 

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Not sure I even read what you said Bob. However yes I think MA tried to change the narrative about LA today and it crossed my mind, being a good soldier he tried some kind of LJ defence. 

Either way you are right about what LJ said at the time but I would still wAger Chrltenham had something to do with it as did Matthews. 

Agree Cheltnham may have played a part as was the fact LA was a SC man 

Defending his and LJs  or SLs decision - That's one thing (Lee was quite the clear at time it was for footballing decisions) but in doing so , happy to mislead and at same time taint a popular player , who did us proud (And was only complimentary about the Club when he was moved on) was , I'm afraid , disgraceful

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree Cheltnham may have played a part as was the fact LA was a SC man 

Defending his and LJs  or SLs decision - That's one thing (Lee was quite the clear at time it was for footballing decisions) but in doing so , happy to mislead and at same time taint a popular player , who did us proud (And was only complimentary about the Club when he was moved on) was , I'm afraid , disgraceful

Once a player is told he was surplus his agent will be on the look out for a club. Leeds got a bargain. Aylin got a club where he is not surpluss. 

MAs comments were unnecessary and not in line with previous that is clear. 

Red Kev, Lj doesn't need to swallow any pill based on your opinion of Ayling being g good ( based on something, some Leeds fans reportedly say!) 

How well have you seen him play this season. Did you see him v Reading or Forest? He wouldn't be in my top 3 Rbs this season 

MA has got the BCFC marketing machine going well with Lj on radio, Hörður centrefold in Daily Telegraph today. Must be something to do with management merry-go-round season!  Apart from that he has found d us millions in talent with JK, Tammy, Diedhou - yet another of SLs good appointments 

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

See my post above Kev

Pisano is decent , better than Ayling ? Not so sure but there we are, but we at least have a decent RB when fit

Otherwise I'm with you despite the rubbish tags you've had thrown in your direction (Wonder how many of those heard the interview or LJs previous comments on the matter :whistle:

LJ and MA believed they had a 'Rolls Royce' in Matthews and were happy to offload Ayling

Crap decision knowing Matthews latter history post Cardiff but there we are

Whats annoyed me is not for the first time bullshit is in full swing and what's worse is MA is happy to taint a decent player for us in LA with what clearly are lies , or to put it another way all three differing accounts can't all be right

Doesnt do those in charge may favours

Just put your hands up you made a decision that was in hindsight a poor one and cut the lies n spin

MA also praised Flint tonight about keeping his lips tight in transfer window and then claimed they had done the same

Funny , but I was sure we had been told 'Adens head has been turned'

Annoys me massively - spin merchants or should it be liars 

That is one thing that does annoy me about LJ. He should just keep shtum…

Had a listen last night. You were right @BobBobSuperBob, GT really pushed Ashton on a few issues. I got the impression GT doesn’t have that much time for him really and finds him a little odd. He even pushed him on his new ‘CEO’ job title. Think Geoff finds him a bit pretentious and perculiar - probably prefers more straight talking football men.

I’ve defended Ashton on here but I can see why people are suspicious of him. He’s corporate and comes across as a bit fake and there were a few red flags for me yesterday - the comments on Ayling for example were out of step with other things we’ve heard. 

Overall he’s probably great at dealing with agents and board members - but there’s something about him I can’t totally trust.

I didn't hear the MA interview so can't comment on the content but reading thru this thread it seems that some posters are critical of what he said.

The word "spin" crops up written in a negative manner and I wonder why some are so critical of "spin".

Thats what all senior employees at AG do. It's part of their job to  portray that they are professionals who know what they're doing and that the club is in safe hands.

You won't hear any of them say anything that might portray the club in a negative light. 

Call it "spin" and corporate speech all you want but what else did anyone expect?

Archived