IGNORED

The official Watford FC v Bristol City FC in the FA Cup Match Day Thread

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All of our players are capable of making a pass like that once....Taylor doesn’t do enough decent stuff to justify a regular place.  At £300k he was a reasonable man to have around the squad, but he lacks quality, and has only hit the heights required on the very odd occasion.

As you say, at £300k a useful squad member, but today is hardly a day for pulling our players to pieces.  

My take on Taylor is that although I agree he has not set the world alight, he is an instinctive touch type player. I think he would have shown better for us if given a run of 4/5 starts. Unfortunately for him we have been playing so well he has only had opportunities from the bench. This bit part appearance doesn't suit him.

I am not sure he will ever get that run of starts though with Bobby's form and Fam etc about to come back.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

And there what is?

Were you AT the United game?  Did  you not spot him doing anything else?  Did you really not notice his contribution to that win?  Give the bloke a break, he’s hardly had a run in the team...

It’s  so easy to be negative, isn’t it?

I don’t rate him, but in overall performances (rather than rating him on one pass), the only one I thought he was very good was Stoke (was my MOTM).  He was decent enough v Palace, but no better than everyone else that night.  Otherwise he runs around a lot, but produces little.

why not accept you like him, some of us don’t.  

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

3 now

Oh dear; that leaves just Yeovil as localish interest in the FA Cup. 

Elsewhere I see Villa & Brum are both home with 3.00pm kick off today. If their police can allow it, why can't Bristol's when the fixtures have City and gas home on the same day?

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yeah, but he really got involved and put himself about crunching into their defenders like a man possessed. :whistle2:

Possessed by what? He definitely runs about a bit, but I’d wish he was possessed by a smidgen of goal scoring ability. There’s no doubt that he tries, but to keep your place in the team as a goal scorer, you’ve actually got to score goals 

Archived