IGNORED

The official Watford FC v Bristol City FC in the FA Cup Match Day Thread

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bloody cold in the car park at Sainsbury's Ashton, a while back, not much better in the freezer section inside.

5 degrees at Vicarage Road this afternoon with a 13 mph NNE wind.

Pressure 1013 millibars with visibility predicted to be 'very good.'

Are you Carol Kirkwood in disguise, Noggers?

I am taking a day off in terms of emotional engagement today. Play some kids, hope they do ok, but either way the experience is good. Mentally to me it is on a par with a pre season friendly. Will follow the score, will like to see some players playing well, but that is it I am afraid. As excited as I can get.

edit, just seen the team. Blimey! Only one given it all I am surprised by is Smith.

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Remember going to a City game at Watford back in the 90s probably, when there was a load of old allotments outside the away end. We took a load up there, important game and we lost.  Think Watford were going well and on a run like us - think it was the game Septic Peg alludes to above?

When the game finished there was bedlam with City fans somehow getting in the home stands and the allotment fencing was rearranged by marauding City fans. Not too many carrots were harvested that year!!!

All got quite tasty post match as the area was a shithole as Septic Peg mentions.

Watford always reminded me of the Gas scum - false family friendly image (laugh), shithole area, shit boozers, cocky disrespectful fans. Always hated Watford. Doubt things have changed?

I remember those allotments - always made getting to the away end an experience.

I haven't been to Watford since the 1-1 draw in the promotion season under Ward. Lots of City fans there that day and a cool finish from Goater for our goal. Crikey,  20 years ago. How time flies.

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

No surprise that Liam Walsh isn't there (cup tied?), what is surprising is that Skybet want be to bet on him being first goal scorer.

(If you do super6 and put us to win, he's the one that comes up with odds for first goal scorer)

Not registered in time. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Skillfull player. Thought he was more a striker or winger when I've seen him. Looks like he's playing alongside smith today which will be interesting

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Lemonheigh-Evans at centre mid?! That’s a weird one, why not Bakinson?

Yea weird. Thought he was more a striker as well. Bakinson had a game already. Maybe a way to get him in the team for his debut after hard work in the academy?

Archived