IGNORED

The official Watford FC v Bristol City FC in the FA Cup Match Day Thread

Septic Peg

11 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Been to a lot of games recently (for me anyway). The question is do I rest my voice today at Watford for the big one on Tuesday or just use it for one half:chant6ez:

Bit of apple juice lubricant imo, thatll see you through.

• Admin

Clearly Watford weren't prepared to let us smash them on their own manor twice in one season. 

Looking at the two team selections, if Johnson turns this bunch of youth players into a win I'll consider it comparable to Jesus feeding the 5000 from a handful of loaves and fishes. 

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

Clearly Watford weren't prepared to let us smash them on their own manor twice in one season. 

Looking at the two team selections, if Johnson turns this bunch of youth players into a win I'll consider it comparable to Jesus feeding the 5000 from a handful of loaves and fishes. 

haha... well Watford really at full strength apart from Richarlison and arguably Gray, and they are both on the bench. 

15 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Been to a lot of games recently (for me anyway). The question is do I rest my voice today at Watford for the big one on Tuesday or just use it for one half:chant6ez:

Start on the bench, see how the game is going, and if still in the balance bring it on with 20 to go.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can’t help feeling it would be for the greater good if we lost today.  I don’t think I’ve ever been more ambivalent about a result.

I agree, but also...if we do, somehow, win, I wouldn't object at all as long as we play the same team of youngsters in the Fourth Round. Show the world that Bristol City are just as talented in cup competitions when showcasing their Academy talent.

• Admin
1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well I was all for forfeiting this game with 11 kids but the closer the match gets the more I want us to win.

Still definitely our least important game for the rest of the season.

Less important than our 4th round trip to Spurs?

24 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

21 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Use it half in the first and half in the second!

I would go for alternate words, that way you can shout throughout. For example:

"Come    you   !!"

"Jesus    what    that    , at    get    ball    a     player"

Etc.

3 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

I agree, but also...if we do, somehow, win, I wouldn't object at all as long as we play the same team of youngsters in the Fourth Round. Show the world that Bristol City are just as talented in cup competitions when showcasing their Academy talent.

I agree if we progress we need to keep playing youngsters. But I wonder what would happen if we drew, say, Arsenal at home? Would it be gold price tickets all round, a sell out crowd, would that create and expectation to pick a stronger team, and would it be an unhelpful distraction?

Normally I’d be thrilled by the prospect, but we’ve had our Cup fun this season, and I just think we could do without it.

8 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Less important than our 4th round trip to Spurs?

Indeed, although not sure if I would see a 1-1 as any better than a hard fought 1-0 defeat. It would be of course, but another game and all that.

Equally Steele would be wondering if he had got the short straw if we took another hammering today.

Archived