IGNORED

The 'rubbish' icon

Robbored

Personally I very rarely use this icon. I prefer to state why I might think that a thread/post is nonsense but I get plenty of rubbish icons on what are perfectly reasonable comments and I'd like to know why the poster considers it "rubbish".

So come on boys and girls please explain your reasons for using the rubbish icon.

I'll add that I'm expecting plenty of them - without explanation - for this thread.............:disapointed2se:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Personally I very rarely use this icon. I prefer to state why I might think that a thread/post is nonsense but I get plenty of rubbish icons on what are perfectly reasonable comments and I'd like to know why the poster considers it "rubbish".

So come on boys and girls please explain your reasons for using the rubbish icon.

I'll add that I'm expecting plenty of them - without explanation - for this thread.............:disapointed2se:

Usually because that particular comment is rubbish.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Take a bow 

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You really did ask for those Robbored :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So the biggest troller in the forum wants an explanation as to why he’s trolled?

Couldnt make it up!

Bravo. 

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'd like to know why the poster considers it "rubbish".

I belong to another forum that has a "disagree" button (as well as agree, educational, interesting, funny, and love). I can't even begin to tell you all the massive tales of woe and angst over someone having their disagree button pushed.

The voting buttons are great; it's a way to drive by and give a general reaction. If someone clicked your "like" button, would you be asking why the poster likes it? Do you really want to see an entire thread full of  "me too" and "I agree"? Not that that would happen to your posts specifically, so it's more of a general question.

I've never understood why people like to look back and check out their tally.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I use it for posts that are quite clearly ill thought through or deliberately trolling. This is especially true if the post has already been identified as complete bollocks by several of my fellow posters.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I sense the old inferiority complex might be kicking in.......

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Can you explain why you think that Jack? 

I took a break from the forum for a week or so specifically because of stuff like this.

Your posts are frequently inane, often factually wrong and show minimal understanding of football, so that is probably why they are regularly rubbished.

I know you also often try to wind people up but frequently you aren’t clever enough to do so...

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I took a break from the forum for a week or so specifically because of stuff like this.

Your posts are frequently inane, often factually wrong and show minimal understanding of football, so that is probably why they are regularly rubbished.

I know you also often try to wind people up but frequently you aren’t clever enough to do so...

:clap:

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Et tu Graham?        :sad26:

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At the time of this post there were 15 rubbish icons against the OP and one “like” - mine. I’m not a fan of  most of @Robbored ‘s posts, but he has a valid point with this thread. Regardless of whether people like or dislike him, I think the rubbish icon is misused against a lot of posts by just about anyone on the forum. It’s not just Robbored who gets “rubbish” icons without explanation. Just because you don’t share someone’s opinions, it doesn’t mean they are rubbish. It’s not much of a discussion if people disagree with someone else but don’t explain their reasons for doing so. 

33 minutes ago, New2City said:

I belong to another forum that has a "disagree" button (as well as agree, educational, interesting, funny, and love). I can't even begin to tell you all the massive tales of woe and angst over someone having their disagree button pushed.

The voting buttons are great; it's a way to drive by and give a general reaction. If someone clicked your "like" button, would you be asking why the poster likes it? Do you really want to see an entire thread full of  "me too" and "I agree"? Not that that would happen to your posts specifically, so it's more of a general question.

I've never understood why people like to look back and check out their tally.

Dear Mods,

Please may I refer you to the first 5 words of this post!  Clearly, @New2City has another love.  I ask that you deal with him/her forthwith until s/he has admitted their folly.

I mean, you wouldn't turn to the wife and say "I have another woman and I often press her disagree button".  Oh no.

Please do the right thing.

Chivs

PS Also, I love @Robbored but don't tell anyone.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

CC924338-8F0A-4B73-90E0-1D396F92DCBE.jpeg

Archived