IGNORED

Bristol Bears - Rebrand ! (Merged)

cheshire_red

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It is - our owner has just renamed one of his clubs. So it's relevant. 

Indeed.

But to keep it football related, if that’s the kit for the rugby do we need to be in fear for our own 2 new designs :blink:

Also on the Rugby club online presentation

* more rugby memorabilia and logos added to the Clubhouse area of AG (ie the Lansdown concourse)

* South Stand to be renamed "The Bear Pit" (on matchdays only thankfully)

The slippery slope gets ever steeper........

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The Bristol Balloonists?  Although I'm not sure a hot air balloon strikes a particularly intimidating tone, but at least the alliteration is there.

If you want something with more recent relevance, how about the Bristol Nimbyists?

Something more in line with the new BS3 demographic. How about the Bristol Barrista's ?

Why has this ben relegated to this forum, it I very relevant to City, rebranding of the rugby club with no prior consultation (not even announced last Friday when Lansdown had the Microphone) shows a lack of respect and lack of empathy. This could happen to City and should be in the football forum

12 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Also on the Rugby club online presentation

* more rugby memorabilia and logos added to the Clubhouse area of AG (ie the Lansdown concourse)

* South Stand to be renamed "The Bear Pit" (on matchdays only thankfully)

The slippery slope gets ever steeper........

Bear Pit?

Associating a new stand with a civic fucking eyesore well done BS.

12 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Bear Pit?

Associating a new stand with a civic fucking eyesore well done BS.

A civic eyesore named after a barbaric ancient tradition used for restraining and humiliating the mighty animals the new name seeks to invoke.

From the PR ramble: “The bear is emblematic of leadership, of strength and confidence, of standing against adversity and taking action. This animal is feared and admired for its power. Its presence inspires respect."

From Wikipedia: "A bear pit was historically used to display bears, typically for entertainment and especially bear-baiting. The pit area was normally surrounded by a high fence, above which the spectators would look down on the bears."

Quite rightly getting an absolute rinsing on twitter.

Honestly distraught by this. 

A rugby club with a proud history has been torn apart because of money. I could understand us moving grounds, I could even understand a bit of red going in the shirts but this is a step too far, it's embarrassing and shows no recognition for what the fans have been through, its more likely to turn fans away than get new ones on board and I'm now really considering not renewing my season ticket to see the Bears take to the ashton gate turf. 

Hopefully SL and Co see the uproar this has caused and they backtrack but the likelihood of that happening is so small it's not worth considering... 

Lansdown confirms that not implementing a shit rebrand was the reason for Bristol's relegation from the Premiership last season. It was absolutely nothing to do with retaining the head coach/director or rugby or recruitment being hampered by the Championship playoffs. Stick an animal that begins with a b and has no connection to the city on all the gear and it'll be grand.

I may have paraphrased slightly...

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

A civic eyesore named after a barbaric ancient tradition used for restraining and humiliating the mighty animals the new name seeks to invoke.

From the PR ramble: “The bear is emblematic of leadership, of strength and confidence, of standing against adversity and taking action. This animal is feared and admired for its power. Its presence inspires respect."

From Wikipedia: "A bear pit was historically used to display bears, typically for entertainment and especially bear-baiting. The pit area was normally surrounded by a high fence, above which the spectators would look down on the bears."

Quite rightly getting an absolute rinsing on twitter.

Quite so.

Just remove the Bristol from the rugby club's name and jobs a good un..

Archived