IGNORED

Help required from 'senior' supporters

Kid in the Riot

53 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Some form of membership book found under the floorboards of a house in BS3. In absolutely mint condition but has no date on it. Judging by the fact it's hand painted I'm guessing it might be quite old ?!  I was thinking 50s or 60s but any help much appreciated !

541598246.jpg

I think it might be a junior reds membership card/booklet from the 70's.

I think it's an autograph book for kids given out back then.

I used to have one very similar at the end of the 1970's - had team info and blank pages for opposition players as well.

I used to have all the autos from Liverpool Leeds etc late 70's but sadly lost it decades ago.

Have a look at the back half and see if its got black pages with 'autographs' in Cyrillic script and underlined - if so, then I'm pretty sure that what it is.

Nice find!

An early Peoples Republic of Ashton Gate passport....

Probably has an expired 4year visa English League Div 1 from the 70s in it somewhere.

First stamp in it should be one from Highbury...

Look for a Royal Crest, you maybe lucky to find one from King Johns reign... & lyrics for the Nation Anthem of the time:

# Galley, Galley, Galley, Galley He is the King of The West Country.# 

I have this book somewhere, it has my annual membership details and several autographs of players. I can remember Dermot Curtis signed it amongst others. Will be mid to late 50s and went to the club under the Williams stand most evenings, usually playing Darts, Skittles and Bingo! with mates.

One day I will find it.

Come on, recite after me....

"I desire to become a member of Bristol City FC Supporters' Club and declare that i am in sympathy with the objects of the Club and if elected agree to abide by the rules for the time being in force"

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Come on, recite after me....

"I desire to become a member of Bristol City FC Supporters' Club and declare that i am in sympathy with the objects of the Club and if elected agree to abide by the rules for the time being in force"

You sign up to far worse than that every time you click the "I agree" button nowadays!!

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Thank you for your thoughts

Does this mean to say

I AM THE SENIOR MEMBER ON OTIB?

Can't recall seeing one before,I'll try and find out some more info.

By the way,would you consider selling the it?

Not sure what its worth though

I suspect you're a spring chicken Ted compared with the likes of @cidered abroad @Ivorguy @EstoniaTallinnRed @Aizoon and probably quite a few more posters who haven't divulged their ages.

@Rednready doesn't seem to post these days but stood out as OTIB's most mature contributor a few years ago.

He had some fascinating stories to tell, hope he's OK.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I suspect you're a spring chicken Ted compared with the likes of @cidered abroad @Ivorguy @EstoniaTallinnRed @Aizoon and probably quite a few more posters who haven't divulged their ages.

@Rednready doesn't seem to post these days but stood out as OTIB's most mature contributor a few years ago.

I had always assumed @slartibartfast was the oldest poster on here!!

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I miss Rednready. A very wise man.

Archived