IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Who? See my first post on this thread

Grounds? Too many to list but a reading of otib from even this January raises a number of questions from recruitment to collapse of team. Earlier unexplained questions range from the odd agreement with Rovers over transfers to coppell's departure

So because some decisions have been made that you don’t like there should be an unspecified ‘audit’?

If you’re suggesting there’s illegal activity going on then I could understand it, but I don’t think the FA go around auditing clubs because they sign a few bad players and sack the match day announcer. 

People saying the club is rotten to the core, people saying the club isn’t the same club they supported and its changed etc etc. The question is, the million dollar question is will you people stay away? Will you vote with your feet? I highly doubt it would be my answer and BS know this, they will just keep chipping away and slowly eradicating everything we have enjoyed at BCFC.. so long as the customers keep rolling in an attendances  stay at a healthy 20 k plus they dont give a **** about you.. me, im pretty done with this current set up, still a frequent poster on here but me and a few people i know that have been avid followers of this club have and will continue to vote with out feet until this ‘rotten core’ that people speak of is cut out.. A good start would be with sending that *** Mark Ashton packing down the road  :yes:

12 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

BS are stingy payers just ask Bobby 

Can see why Bobby is probably one of the lowest paid at the club currently because before this season he hasn’t really done a great deal if I’m honest, unable to hold down a 1st team spot etc. Maybe it was a massive stroke of luck in playing him upfront this season but whether it was or not SL/MA/LJ should be doing whatever they possibly can to make him stay, make him the highest paid, we’d miss him massively not just his goals but his work rate too, best player we’ve had here in donkeys years.

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

People saying the club is rotten to the core, people saying the club isn’t the same club they supported and its changed etc etc. The question is, the million dollar question is will you people stay away? Will you vote with your feet? I highly doubt it would be my answer and BS know this, they will just keep chipping away and slowly eradicating everything we have enjoyed at BCFC.. so long as the customers keep rolling in an attendances  stay at a healthy 20 k plus they dont give a **** about you.. me, im pretty done with this curreny set up, still a frequent poster on here but me and a few people i know that have been avid followers of this club have and will continue to vote with out feet until this ‘rotten core’ that people speak of is cut out.. A good start would be with sending that *** Mark Ashton packing down the road  :yes:

Was going to make the same point bris red! 

I for one, pick and choose my games nowadays, used to go every home game (and away). Your point is spot on as all they are interested is the P+L - end off. You/we are all punters to them - not supporters. Real shame as there is little “all in it together” feeling nowadays.

MA was always a high risk appointment as was always going to be judged by results (on and off the pitch), AND he has failed IMO. LJ may come good I know, but he has circa 12 games next season to deliver IMO.

What I really struggle with though is the lack of ‘connection’ that exists nowadays (off the back of a terrible run) with the fans. IMO they/the senior management had a tremendous opportunity to at least gain a play off position - and for me this was badly handled by the powers to be. This Bristol Sport ‘project’ just does not sit right for me.

GET BACK TO BASICS AS A FOOTBALL CLUB!!!

We need a clear focus

17 minutes ago, bris red said:

People saying the club is rotten to the core, people saying the club isn’t the same club they supported and its changed etc etc. The question is, the million dollar question is will you people stay away? Will you vote with your feet? I highly doubt it would be my answer and BS know this, they will just keep chipping away and slowly eradicating everything we have enjoyed at BCFC.. so long as the customers keep rolling in an attendances  stay at a healthy 20 k plus they dont give a **** about you.. me, im pretty done with this current set up, still a frequent poster on here but me and a few people i know that have been avid followers of this club have and will continue to vote with out feet until this ‘rotten core’ that people speak of is cut out.. A good start would be with sending that *** Mark Ashton packing down the road  :yes:

I've had this battle in my head already (the voices love talking to each other) and to be honest, probably not. If not Bristol City, then who? Unfortunately the slithering suits have got me over a barrel.

3 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I was told by someone in the know that GON is our top earner on 25k a week and Bobby is on 3k a week. 

He may be right as I don’t have a clue what any of them are on but cannot for the life of me believe that GON is on that much, ridiculous if it’s true, as for Bobby wouldn’t suprise me if he was on something as low as that but now is the time to pay him what he wants, if we don’t then we’ll see where are ambitions truly are.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

I've had this battle in my head already (the voices love talking to each other) and to be honest, probably not. If not Bristol City, then who? Unfortunately the slithering suits have got me over a barrel.

There’s no way I could support a league team other than BCFC, a few steps down the pyramid may well work though.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

I won't use a slight against his appearance.

But I will say he's not my cuppa...

He's also obviously lacks some bollocks as he got someone else to do his dirty work.

Grow a pair MA.

My Ma has a pair and claims to be my Dad...

If you want to know anymore about MA...I suggest you look into Calibre Sports group ltd, Grove Life ltd, Tactical Change and Ensco :whistle:

If I was LJ....I'd also be worried with him as CEO.

If it wasn't for SL intervening...and MA having his way, LJ would have been gone last season.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

If you want to know anymore about MA...I suggest you look into Calibre Sports group ltd, Grove Life ltd, Tactical Change and Ensco :whistle:

If it wasn't for SL intervening...and MA having his way, LJ would have been gone last season.

Why is football such an opaque world?  Money I guess, this game has gone to the dogs.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Care to enlighten us? - the more I learn about him, the more I realise what a *** he is! Not good!

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Ah!  So.......MA was keen to sack LJ but SL told him not to........if I were SL I'd be worried about my CEO....

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Well at least he would’ve got one thing right then! :ph34r: 

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's interesting, but those three have such a little three-way circle jerk I'm not sure I go along with that. Either way, MA has bent his ear over this one. Given how Adam has protected SL and the club over the years, it'd be nice if he had any hesitation before helping throw him under the bus.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

That's very interesting. But he's bent his ear over this one. Given how Adam has protected SL and the club over the years, it'd be nice if he had any hesitation before helping throw him under the bus.

In business, people like MA survive by stabbing others in the back when the wheels come off! Fact!

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Well at least he would’ve got one thing right then! :ph34r: 

Depends whether you want a power hungry person taking over your club or not.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

That's interesting, but those three have such a little three-way circle jerk I'm not sure I go along with that. Either way, MA has bent his ear over this one. Given how Adam has protected SL and the club over the years, it'd be nice if he had any hesitation before helping throw him under the bus.

You think LJ and MA get on?

JL and MA...

SL, LJ and GJ

54 minutes ago, bris red said:

Erm, yes, I will.

I've been a tad disillusioned with the corporate feel of the club for a while (even though I appreciate it's necessary) and have been undecided about renewing, even past the deadline this time. I'm joining you by the looks of it as I'm sick of the disdain 'customers' (I really don't like that phrase) are held in by the likes of Ashton. This just adds to that feeling.

I don't think there will be many doing the same and all power to them, it's just a personal decision for me. 

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

JL and MA...

SL, LJ and GJ

Sorry Spud was being facetious in what is a not very funny topic. My apologies. On a serious note these developments are indeed very worrying it seems.....

3 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Agree, some very sad lonely men. 

Seems to me that OTIB has taken over their lives, does anyone actually know why he has left? He has had 20 years at the job, now that's a pretty good run if you ask me, especially in this game. Talk about a load of old wimmin and gossip, of course Lee gets the blame , and also some woman who I have no idea about except she has upset some because of her 'crows feet' and lack of a bra, really need to step away from here and go for a very long walk. 

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

JL and MA...

SL, LJ and GJ

Can’t see Ashton being here much longer in all honesty. If Lansdown doesn’t get on with him, and the way Lansdown spoke to the press last week, it looks as if change could be on the horizon 

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Can’t see Ashton being here much longer in all honesty. If Lansdown doesn’t get on with him, and the way Lansdown spoke to the press last week, it looks as if change could be on the horizon 

Have Boots sold out of Grecian 2000?

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Does that mean we can get AB back…? :sign09:

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Seems to me that OTIB has taken over their lives, does anyone actually know why he has left? He has had 20 years at the job, now that's a pretty good run if you ask me, especially in this game. Talk about a load of old wimmin and gossip, of course Lee gets the blame , and also some woman who I have no idea about except she has upset some because of her 'crows feet' and lack of a bra, really need to step away from here and go for a very long walk. 

Apologies if I am jumping the gun and not reading the thread in full but I'm busy...

...You talk about people blaming Lee Johnson for Baker's departure. Right.

I made a post which Robbored confused with 'LJ' when I made a theoretical reference to 'JL' having a role.

If that's a post to which you were referring... News for you! 'JL' stands for Jon Lansdown! Highly unlikely Johnson would have a direct role. Jon Lansdown though...

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Yes, have not been down since Burton home on that Friday night and doubt I'll be back again for some time. I didn't do either Manchester cup games, I did however do Sunderland, Millwall and Man city away games. I'll only do away games from now on, club is dead on its arse as far as I'm concerned now. 

33 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Erm, yes, I will.

I've been a tad disillusioned with the corporate feel of the club for a while (even though I appreciate it's necessary) and have been undecided about renewing, even past the deadline this time. I'm joining you by the looks of it as I'm sick of the disdain 'customers' (I really don't like that phrase) are held in by the likes of Ashton. This just adds to that feeling.

I don't think there will be many doing the same and all power to them, it's just a personal decision for me. 

I've done the same. Not renewing on principle, will find something else to moan about every other Saturday!

Archived