IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Thing that baffles me the most -

If all of these people aren’t deemed fit to work at the club anymore - Why the hell has Downsy not been sacked? 

I get its a joke but theres a good point here.

IMAGE.

Downsy is a squeaky clean character that appeals much more to the dynamic synergy of the corporate world. Nicely spoken, no troublesome accents, helps to engineer a non-threatening atmosphere. Not to mention probably compliant, happy to work under any old sod and not likely to kick up any fuss over a disagreement or two.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Thing that baffles me the most -

If all of these people aren’t deemed fit to work at the club anymore - Why the hell has Downsy not been sacked? 

Because Downsy is the dream Bristol Sport employee. If anyone else said to a young girl at her first game that she's only here to stare at the players legs, they'd had be been sacked on the spot.

A ‘What If?’ here lads.

Just say Mr Smooth now made a move for Michelle Owen. 

Could we all forgive him for the Diony’s, Kent’s, Engvall’s, Woodrow’s ...... the season ticket price hikes, the corporate waffle, the lack of shelves for the plebs to rest their pie and pints pre-match etc?

Could end up being massively in credit in my opinion ;-) Go for it lad. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Because Downsy is the dream Bristol Sport employee. If anyone else said to a young girl at her first game that she's only here to stare at the players legs, they'd had be been sacked on the spot.

Unbelievable. BS is an utter shambles. Can’t see the appeal of Downsy at all. The man is a joke and if he’s the poster boy for BS then it’s worrying times ahead for TAFKABCFC. 

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

A ‘What If?’ here lads.

Just say Mr Smooth now made a move for Michelle Owen. 

Could we all forgive him for the Diony’s, Kent’s, Engvall’s, Woodrow’s ...... the season ticket price hikes, the corporate waffle, the lack of shelves for the plebs to rest their pie and pints pre-match etc?

Could end up being massively in credit in my opinion ;-) Go for it lad. 

Michelle is a great presenter and very articulate, but being a head of media is a completely different job. Even LK was a decent presenter.

51 minutes ago, Harry said:

Indeed sir. Although it wasn’t ‘officially’ announced that Ashton was here until 16th January 2016, 2 days after Cotterill was sacked, Ashton had actually been here since before Xmas 2015. 

37 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Factually incorrect.

Mark Ashton has big questions to answer but please let's not start making things up. I'm on about his start date.

I have no personal knowledge but in this video MA explains , to Lisa that ‘he got the call’ to come to Bristol City

His departure was announced by  Oxford on 21st December 2015 to ‘go before the end of the month’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35151121

SC was dismissed  on 14th January 2016

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Michelle is a great presenter and very articulate, but being a head of media is a completely different job. Even LK was a decent presenter.

Think you might have missed the wink there!

At least I think I did a ‘wink’

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I get its a joke but theres a good point here.

IMAGE.

Downsy is a squeaky clean character that appeals much more to the dynamic synergy of the corporate world. Nicely spoken, no troublesome accents, helps to engineer a non-threatening atmosphere. Not to mention probably compliant, happy to work under any old sod and not likely to kick up any fuss over a disagreement or two.

That asked a young girl if she was only at the game to stare at the players legs? That told a 5 year old asking where abouts in Bristol they like “really isn’t a difficult question”? That asked someone “what PL team they support”? That constantly gets players names wrong & has, multiple times this season, announced 12 players in the starting line up?

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:

It’s been coming. Cotts’ departure was known by everyone but the man but himself before the suits let him know. Less than a year after our first league trophy in 60 years.

Million points for the sleuth who can work out the deadly duo behind that departure too.

So? SC was taking the club back down into League One. Change was needed to ensure that didn’t happen. You can’t live on past glories...

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Depending on the role, where I work it's 13 or 26 weeks. Given Beanhead's lofty position I would imagine it's the latter.

That is a compromise agreement, slightly different from a straight redundancy.  A compromise agreement happens where it isn't a 'real' redundancy but you want to get rid of someone and negotiate their departure for a higher than redundancy cash payment but often with certain conditions attached such as not slagging the company off or working for competing companies.

If this is a genuine redundancy he can do what he likes, but BCFC may have increased the pay off but imposed certain conditions. 

I'll believe that AB is being made redundant only if his departure is announced on the OS or AB himself either posts on here (unlikely) or via some other social media outlet - also unlikely.

Until either or both of the above happen I'll treat this thread as wild speculation based on an unfounded rumour.

35 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Do you know whether Ashton had a hand in the summer 2015 recruitment? 

All those deals that fell threw.. or was that just Pelling etc

My understanding of the 2015 shambles was not to do with Ashton.

Pelling was the ‘money man’ at the time and was under strict instruction to stick to a very specific (and still very tight) budget (wages wise). I understand Cotterill thought deals had been finalised, but I understood the hapless JL had done the negotiating. When Pelling got wind of the money involved, he questioned it and due to the delays the deals fell through. 

In short, Pelling carried the can for JL’s incompetence, but Pelling was simply trying to stick to the budget which he’d set and had been agreed to comply with FFP. 

22 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Factually incorrect.

Mark Ashton has big questions to answer but please let's not start making things up. I'm on about his start date.

Not incorrect. Just because our press release was 16/01/16, doesn’t mean he wasn’t already ‘in-situ’, which he was. 

He ‘officially’ left Oxford on 21/12/15. He was immediately taken on by City. I was alerted to this at the time, so believe me, he was here before Cotterill was sacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35151121

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'll believe that AB is being made redundant only if his departure is announced on the OS or AB himself either posts on here (unlikely) or via some other social media outlet - also unlikely.

Until either or both of the above happen I'll treat this thread as wild speculation based on an unfounded rumour.

It's one thing to treat all of this stuff with scepticism, that's completely fair. But there have been enough posts on here by reliable people for this to blatantly be true.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

what an idiot you are....

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's the spirit, Robbored. Wouldn't expect anything less of you. Good man!

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Believe what you want. I know what I believe.

But tell me. Do you find Ms Knights attractive?

If this is true, and assume it is, this just confirms what many have been saying on OTIB about the utter shambles that Bristol Sport is in. Call it what you like, but Bristol City FC is not a club no more - disgrace if this is true. 

This whole Bristol Sport thing is “rotten to the core” as Dolly states on page 1. 

The club is in a mess!

Yes. He has definitely gone. Am sure it will be tacked on to some random article about thanking Diony, Kent etc...

There are also employees of BS reading this that know he has gone but can't confirm it.

Stick out a press release and end the speculation ffs.

I'll even write it for you Lise. Here ya go.

Adam Baker leaves position:

The club wishes to announce that Adam Baker has left his position as Head of Media for Bristol City.

Adam has worked for us for around 20 years in our media department and as Football Liaison Officer. 

We want to thank him for his years of service and wish him well for the future.

Piece of piss this media lark.

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Trust me, Adam has 100% gone. 

I also have that information, as do several other respected posters on here. 

If this information was totally untrue then Adam himself could have commented on this thread, or Matt Parsons @Robbored

Archived