IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks for that post @Septic Peg (I won’t quote it)

Disgraceful and fully as I suspected

( @RedM are you less confused about my earlier post re radio commentary now ;) )

Sorry, it wasn’t really the right emoji, I wasn’t ‘confused’ as such, just the thought of it mind bogglingly repulsive :laughcont:

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Doubt this one will end up on the OS. If it doesn't, and this is true, does this mean you'll always view Baker's potential departure as wild speculation?

If this is true then that's a shame. Felt he'd done a great job recently.

No one to write it up...

36 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

This is Ashton and what he did at Watford. Not changed much. Drove out the people who made the club a club, gagging orders, controlling the media messages. Yada yada . 

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/3995357.oliver-phillips-reflects-on-the-departure-of-mark-ashton-from-watford/

Haunting quotes below from that article on Ashton, history repeating....

image.png.1697d922a388cff5fbe557b9c7bc9e44.png

Sorry, I lost the will to live on page 2, but am I right that here we have four pages of speculation with no facts to back any of it up?

Aside from not being certain whether this is true or not (but let's assume it is), has anyone considered that a) there may be a good reason for Adam Baker to leave his job ; and/or b) he may have wanted to?

I've always liked Adam, but I have to say that I don't think City's media profile is anything special.  However, good luck to him in the future.  No one has a job for life any more, the world is not like that.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, I lost the will to live on page 2, but am I right that here we have four pages of speculation with no facts to back any of it up?

Aside from not being certain whether this is true or not (but let's assume it is), has anyone considered that a) there may be a good reason for Adam Baker to leave his job ; and/or b) he may have wanted to?

I've always liked Adam, but I have to say that I don't think City's media profile is anything special.  However, good luck to him in the future.  No one has a job for life any more, the world is not like that.

In what way could City's media profile could be better? How would you improve it?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Right please keep it sensible & clean.  Please.

Absolutely.

This looks like a ridiculous decision to me, but those who think it then gives them licence to smear individuals and make childish comments better be able to back them up or realise they could face legal action.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Talk of an alleged 'liaison' which Tom had to delete Norn Iron. 

Aha, that's why we went from 4 to 3 pages! Thanks Ska. As you might sing, "I fought the libel and the libel won!"

Did my comment need to go? FWIW opinions I’ve been given on LK haven’t been positive overall. Adam Baker being given the boot is appalling and I’d happily chat with him about his long enjoyable time at city for osib. 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Did my comment need to go? FWIW opinions I’ve been given on LK haven’t been positive overall. Adam Baker being given the boot is appalling and I’d happily chat with him about his long enjoyable time at city for osib. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a clause in any redundancy agreement preventing any public discussion on his time at the club. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

So has this been officially confirmed by either party yet? 

If it's done like my old company used to do these things he'll have been given twenty grand to sign a confidentiality clause which he will forfeit if he talks about it.

So don't anticipate hearing the full story from Adam as his hands will be tied.

Archived