IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

33 minutes ago, RedM said:

Lisa Knights was heavily involved in the stadium development updates wasn’t she. Now that’s all finished I guess it was felt she needed a role. Wonder if she will do the radio commentary stuff. I hope not, I rearely listen but I just don’t like female voices on the radio, apart from the fact she won’t be as good as Adam was.

Glad you said that 'M !

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

Least you have admitted it. That’s a big step, let’s start again, welcome to the forum. :hug:

Any chance we can reset his post count?

....or would that only encourage him to post twice as much bollocks?

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe it could be raised at the next FAN meeting... oh, hang on, the club have stopped those in favour a new way of communicating with fans. Well maybe the head of communications could communicate what this is... oh, hang on, the club have dispensed with them too.

Another stroke of genius by the unaccountable suits.

It’s at times like this I am so glad we have this forum. 

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

GWARN MY SON

Tommys a fully fledged Bristolian now in my book.

Tommy has always been my favourite poster by quite a distance. I particularly enjoy it when he posts totally random 80s Swedish songs with no context.

Maybe we can all show our disgust at Ashton by filling up his email inbox with Swedish music videos.

This is really sad news if true and another example of the club (business) being out of touch with its fans (customers). The more I hear of BS the less I like  

I think AB has done a great job over many years. All the very best to him. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Tommy has always been my favourite poster by quite a distance. I particularly enjoy it when he posts totally random 80s Swedish songs with no context.

Maybe we can all show our disgust at Ashton by filling up his email inbox with Swedish music videos.

Nothing says fully fledged outrage like Dancin' Queen.

11 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

This is Ashton and what he did at Watford. Not changed much. Drove out the people who made the club a club, gagging orders, controlling the media messages. Yada yada . 

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/3995357.oliver-phillips-reflects-on-the-departure-of-mark-ashton-from-watford/

send it to Gregor McGregor …:redcard:

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

As long as this get in, always makes me chuckle.

Tommy's right this time, WTF is happening to our club? It's a right 'job for the boys' place lately and stuff us! 

I'm quite glad I haven't renewed yet in all honesty as we don't matter at all anymore. 

It's just a reflection of how modern football clubs are heading- Mark Ashton I mean, not necessarily Adam Baker's pretty inexplicable departure.

Control the message, control the image- all about it, ever more confidentiality, PR driven. The likes of Adam Baker, Tim Shires to name 2? Out. The likes of Knights and Downsy- more corporate friendly- in. Particularly the case at ambitious clubs.

The changes- the cull- remind me of where I work in the last 2 years tbh- the timeframe is different, but the actions...

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe it could be raised at the next FAN meeting... oh, hang on, the club have stopped those in favour a new way of communicating with fans. Well maybe the head of communications could communicate what this is... oh, hang on, the club have dispensed with them too.

Another stroke of genius by the unaccountable suits.

The new way of communicating with the fans appears to be just don’t communicate at all! 

16 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

This is Ashton and what he did at Watford. Not changed much. Drove out the people who made the club a club, gagging orders, controlling the media messages. Yada yada . 

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/3995357.oliver-phillips-reflects-on-the-departure-of-mark-ashton-from-watford/

If I wasn’t worried before I am now. Everyone should read this

for the moment I am left with former chairman Graham Simpson and, their nomination, Scott Field – the latter being one of the survivors of what seemed to be the revolving door at Vicarage Road – new employees arriving, only to go later, paid up and gagged by confidentiality agreements.

‘ When the chairman quizzed the manager on the Sunday or the Monday, as they analysed the match, Lewington would give the same answers and invariably Simpson would reply: “Yes, that’s what Mark reckoned.”

Ashton’s days were numbered once Simpson was forced to resign and legend has it on the Morning of the Long Knife, which passed for an EGM, Jimmy Russo pointed at Ashton and informed him: “You’re next.”

Personally, I would seriously have preferred to deal with two Luca Viallis and a handful of Jack Petcheys than deal with Ashton.

I am far from being alone in that respect.

If there were shifts for bell-ringing at St Mary’s to celebrate his departure, I would put my name down but I don’t reckon they would get round to those whose names begin with P until somewhere around next Whit Monday.

Don’t just take my word for it.

I will give you a Watford fan, who has supported the club all his life.

He wrote for the fanzines, followed the Hornets all over the country and finally landed a dream job, writing in Watford’s press office.

But then the job soured for Richard Walker.

He felt he could not face the club’s spin culture every day and resigned, despite the fact he did not have another job to go to.

This week Richard appeared on Watford’s Mailing List. His message on Ashton’s departure was brief and simple: “Unusual of me to break silence on a matter? Yes, but this is worth it...

“Hold your opinions as you will on the recent changes (including re: all sorts of personnel and other developments) but be advised of one thing. This news is a very good thing for the club.

“Today, there are a lot of ex-employees – yes, myself included – who will feel there’s now a chance of the club they knew returning.”

:whistle: hmmmmmmm

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Sounds like he’s had to take a pay cut to join us then! I wonder why he is involved in so many transfers . . . :whistle: 

Doing overtime with Lisa I reckon...

All alone in the office, late at night, working hard on that paperwork...

That's dedication to the job... a positive spin...

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Doing overtime with Lisa I reckon...

All alone in the office, late at night, working hard on that paperwork...

That's dedication to the job... a positive spin...

But where does his PA fit into this, err don’t answer that. :blink:

Archived