IGNORED

AdamB/Beanhead made redundant

CyderInACan

4 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

You’re telling me in an article which lies about why Adam left the club they wouldn’t make up quotes (which is fairly common in press releases) to go with it.

Would they?

If I was miss quoted I would kick off. That is separate to any NDA.

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Dollymarie Can I ask why you won’t elaborate further? Are you also gagged by an NDA? Why can’t you be open and honest with people on here? 

Are you afraid of potential banning or something? 

You're like a dog with a bone!

7 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Dollymarie Can I ask why you won’t elaborate further? Are you also gagged by an NDA? Why can’t you be open and honest with people on here? 

Just officially wait for the official statement on the official site about the official reasons for the official dollymarie official statement and stance officially.

That should do it.

9 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

The club couldn’t gag me if they tried. I’ve been as open and honest as I can be, without getting OTIB into any trouble. I would also kick up a stink if the suits tried to ban me from anywhere. 

As I have previously said, those that know me know I don’t shit stir or make stuff up. I’ve said all I am going to say, so please stop going round in circles when I have already made my position very clear. Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I think it is fairly obvious that nothing more should be said for those making a statement on here, OTIB, and most importantly Adam.  Just drop it and draw your own conclusions, as I have.

A couple of questions for all those that believe this club statement to be true.. 

1 - If Adam resigned why didn't he serve a period of notice? 

2- If Adam resigned why didn't he get the opportunity to say goodbye to any of his team or other colleagues? 

3- Why was there no farewell party / gathering etc?

And YES the above are all FACTUALLY CORRECT 

9 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

A couple of questions for all those that believe this club statement to be true.. 

1 - If Adam resigned why didn't he serve a period of notice? 

2- If Adam resigned why didn't he get the opportunity to say goodbye to any of his team or other colleagues? 

3- Why was there no farewell party / gathering etc?

And YES the above are all FACTUALLY CORRECT 

Fully agree- will have to take your word for it about the factually correct bit but fully agree.

Can make a point on the resignation thing though- where I have worked in past, once resignation is tendered,  if the MD found out the person was told to clear out there and then, hand in passwords etc. That's it- that's their goodbye- reason being they may cause bad feeling if on the way, undermine company so why keep them? Varies on the importance, the use of the importance to the company and the makeup of said individual, but as a general rule yeah 'paid notice, then bye bye'. Worked in some quite clinical workplaces- such is that world.

However- definitely highly doubtful he resigned.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I just read the Adam baker statement again. Really don't understand why people don't believe him that he is leaving to spend more time with his family. Nothing in the statement makes it look like anything other than that. 

That's the point. It's supposed to read like that whatever the truth is. 

Do you genuinely believe any other sort of statement was likely? 

The Board May have a vision of eleven Bristolians on the pitch but we’re being genetrified behind the scenes as they would seem to prefer a Media Team from the Home Counties lovey Brigade perhaps.

Adam was well liked and well respected in the football world but that makes no difference to the corporate bean counters.

23 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Various stories do the rounds about Tomlin -Fans ask questions

Tomlin appears On Club made video assuring everyone how good things are And how well he gets on with the gaffer

Many doubt the interview

Transpires they were right and Tomlin was a **** and the video published by the Club was b*******t

:thumbsup:

No ...

3 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Would they?

If I was miss quoted I would kick off. That is separate to any NDA.

To me, it smacks of- and maybe I'm wrong, a jointly prepared statement, NDA or not- cash, enforced by NDA or gagging order.

Legal implications of breaking it are not ideal.

Could also have been told to sign a one-way NDA as part of his settlement package- yes they certainly exist.

For me the most telling thing is that if Adam was happy at the way he left the club,he would have come on here and let his "superiors" off the hook with a statement saying it was his idea.The fact that he hasn't says to me that he has no interest in deflecting the heat from those above him.To me that tells its own story.All the best for the future Adam.

@JonDolman

If I was limited to what I could say but wanted to make it quite clear what had happened there is ONE phrase I would use in that situation as a nod and a wink.

FFS it’s even a cliche!  All  you need is quote marks around it and a big **** off neon sign pointing at it saying ‘geddit????!’

Jesus I do despair at times.

If you’re whooshing me then well done, if not :grr:

8 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Can someone fill in some blanks for me, maybe @Dollymarie ?

It’s always sad when a good person loses their job - maybe Adam walked, maybe he was pushed, we’ll likely never know, especially after his statement. I think we can read between the lines.

But regardless, if it’s a genuine part of restructuring, fair enough, that’s life, that’s business, BCFC isn’t a charity, right? 

So are people sad and angry because Adam, a lifelong City man, lost his job at the club? That a friend of theirs is no longer around and the club have made, on paper, the link between the club and fans further apart? 

Because the phrases like rotten to, or at, the core, something seriously stinks etc have been used. I’m genuinely interested to hear exactly what else has happened or is going on, to justify that phrase?

Because to me, rotten at the core, is things like companies owned by the Oyston family receiving a one off payment of £11m and £24m in interest free loans while the managers and players awaited promotion bonuses.

OK a good fan, who on the surface was good at his job, got sacked, that’s a shame. People disagree with that decision. But as far as I can see, the owners are still putting money into the club, stadium, training ground, youth, backing the manager. Not taking it out. If that is happening, or anything else along these underhand lines, then I’d be happy to believe the club is rotten at the core?

Brilliant post I would also be interested In this

I'll repeat what I've posted previously and had deleted by admins... Edit: having spoken to a Mod, I was told to remove names. That's all.

I've had it from a very good source at the Club (cannot name so don't ask...)

Adam was sacked/made redundant with immediate effect by SOMEONE under SOMEONE ELSE'S instructions.

Adam had no prior knowledge.

He was told one day and gone by close of business on the next.

SOMEONE will take over Adam's obligations.

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I'll repeat what I've posted previously and had deleted by admins... Edit: having spoken to a Mod, I was told to remove names. That's all.

I've had it from a very good source at the Club (cannot name so don't ask...)

Adam was sacked/made redundant with immediate effect by SOMEONE under SOMEONE ELSE'S instructions.

Adam had no prior knowledge.

He was told one day and gone by close of business on the next.

SOMEONE will take over Adam's obligations.

SOMEONE will take the blame . 

Put simply, while it was a really shoddy way to treat someone, particularly a fan who gets the fans- who has provided good service and is good at their job.

It is common practice IMO these days, particularly in commercial organisations to pay up and tell someone their time is up same day even.

What I don't get is people's apparent surprise at this. Not a dig, but it is how companies of a commercial nature frequently work in 2018. It's not necessarily right, but it tends to work like this. 'The King is dead, long live the king'. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Put simply, while it was a really shoddy way to treat someone, particularly a fan who gets the fans- who has provided good service and is good at their job.

It is common practice IMO these days, particularly in commercial organisations to pay up and tell someone their time is up same day even.

What I don't get is people's apparent surprise at this. Not a dig, but it is how companies of a commercial nature frequently work in 2018. It's not necessarily right, but it tends to work like this. 'The King is dead, long live the king'. 

It works exactly like that, it’s almost as if a large percentage of OTIB have worked in the public sector all their lives Eliot’s being card carrying members of their unions.

Either that or they’ve been very lucky where they’ve worked.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It works exactly like that, it’s almost as if a large percentage of OTIB have worked in the public sector all their lives.

Tbh it's possible it's a newer practice this rapid dismissal thing- maybe it was different in the past, couldn't say either way but it is how it goes in my experience for sure- maybe it wasn't so swift in the past, I don't know? Seems fairly new development, but then I'm only surmising on this.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The same thing happened to two of my friends and work colleagues last week.  Yes, shit happens but it doesn't make it better and the rest of us less angry about the situation. It was purely down to finances - lower paid people will be replacing them. 

I'm not surprised that companies behave in this manner, because they are shysters.

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The same thing happened to two of my friends and work colleagues last week.  Yes, shit happens but it doesn't make it better and the rest of us less angry about the situation. It was purely down to finances - lower paid people will be replacing them. 

I'm not surprised that companies behave in this manner, because they are shysters.

It's not great is it, to put it mildly.

It's not a great way to go about business, but it seems to have evolved that way and we're at that point.

Archived