IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

Just now, Tomarse said:

Portugal v Uruguay.

Ronaldo, Pepe, Suarez.

Shithousery Part 2

Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not.

Uruguay are very much a defense first side- same as what Portugal used to win the Euros.

But, if one gets wound up then it will be chaos.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not.

Uruguay are very much a defense first side- same as what Portugal used to win the Euros.

But, if one gets wound up then it will be chaos.

I think Uruguay would have dumped out Spain, will be interesting against Portugal 

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

VAR is taking the piss,anything can look like a penalty if it’s in slow motion 

VAR’s biggest problem is that. Ronaldo’s “elbow” or whatever looks far worse in slow motion than it was. It was nothing except a foul and even then the Iran player tries to impede him from pressing the keeper. 

They also need a challenge system in play. At the moment it is a crutch for referees. Call the game as you would each side gets a challenge per half

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

VAR’s biggest problem is that. Ronaldo’s “elbow” or whatever looks far worse in slow motion than it was. It was nothing except a foul and even then the Iran player tries to impede him from pressing the keeper. 

They also need a challenge system in play. At the moment it is a crutch for referees. Call the game as you would each side gets a challenge per half

Not a chance.

Was my initial thought, but watching it again he clearly stumbled back after losing balance.

Ronaldo swung his elbow at him, regardless of contact that is an act of violent conduct- a red card offense.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Not a chance.

Was my initial thought, but watching it again he clearly stumbled back after losing balance.

Ronaldo swung his elbow at him, regardless of contact that is an act of violent conduct- a red card offense.

Watch it at normal speed. You see it a few times a game. He is jumping up and to the left to avoid the block by the Iran player. There was some contact as a result. He didn’t have his elbow out flying. It was incidental and yellow at worst not even a booking for me. Both players at fault

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s far from conclusive, so I’m not sure how you can say that with such certainty.

Am I watching a different incident?! It’s ansolutely clear as day a deliberate motion into the face of the Iranian player! You can see the change of speed and thus the force with which he directs his arm. 

Apparently there have been complaints from viewers in the other home nations that the BBC's punditry of England games is too biased, not like there's another home nation there so needing to show some impartiality :rofl2br:

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Watch it at normal speed. You see it a few times a game. He is jumping up and to the left to avoid the block by the Iran player. There was some contact as a result. He didn’t have his elbow out flying. It was incidental and yellow at worst not even a booking for me. Both players at fault

It wasnt a block by the Iran defender though.

He had lost balance and was falling backwards.

Ronaldo swang his arm out, normal speed and slow motion.

He knew it as well, which is why he had such a guilty look on his face when the ref was VARing. It was the face of someone who knew their misdemeanor had been spotted.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The fact that he’s deliberately struck out at an opponent? Clear and obvious red card. 

He didn’t aim for his face and didn’t catch him in the face. He’s trying to get in front of his man. It’s a 50:50 tussle and if the Iran player doesn’t go down it’s not even an incident. It’s a physical game at the end of the day; if you reviewed every contact between two players in slow motion from five different angles, it would often look like “striking out”.

Nowhere near conclusive enough to be a red.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Apparently there have been complaints from viewers in the other home nations that the BBC's punditry of England games is too biased, not like there's another home nation there so needing to show some impartiality :rofl2br:

In Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland they should be showing "Wish you were here" when the England games are on

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

He didn’t aim for his face and didn’t catch him in the face. He’s trying to get in front of his man. It’s a 50:50 tussle and if the Iran player doesn’t go down it’s not even an incident. It’s a physical game at the end of the day; if you reviewed every contact between two players in slow motion from five different angles, it would often look like “striking out”.

Nowhere near conclusive enough to be a red.

Ageee to disagree. But the guilt on Ronaldo’s face was plain to see! 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Am I watching a different incident?! It’s ansolutely clear as day a deliberate motion into the face of the Iranian player! You can see the change of speed and thus the force with which he directs his arm. 

I’m not even convinced he caught him in the face. The fact that it split opinion on here and amongst the pundits just goes to show how it isn’t an open-and-closed case.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

In Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland they should be showing "Wish you were here" when the England games are on

The Welsh are generally kinda somewhat being half decent about it, highlighting they milked it during the Euros.

Well definitely not boring across those 2 games, wow!!

Personally I think that- finishing notwithstanding in their first 2 games- Morocco had they got 2nd would have been a worthy 2nd place finish.

Hard to say on both penalties but surely Ronaldo should have been sent off? Iran one you've seen them given I guess. Portugal one, they missed anyway so justice done if no penalty I guess.

The other thing though- Iran hit side netting, could have eliminated Portugal there and then!

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m not even convinced he caught him in the face. The fact that it split opinion on here and amongst the pundits just goes to show how it isn’t an open-and-closed case.

That isn't the important bit though.

If the referee has determined Ronaldo was trying to strike the player with his arm/elbow then it is a red card, regardless of if it made contact or where contact is made.

Striking out at a player is violent conduct, a red card offense.

Archived