IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

41 minutes ago, Super said:

France and Denmark getting slated for that performance!

Quite rightly, neither side looked remotely interested in going for the win.

Makes no sense to me. Denmark win and they win the group. France win and they can build momentum on their (not particularly impressive) earlier wins.

Just spotted a little bit in the BBC site: the balls are going to change for the knock-out stages. Apparently, they have chips in them!  :blink::noexp:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44620577

To quote:

'has an embedded near-field communication (NFC) chip which allows smartphone users to interact with the ball.'

Are people sat at home making the ball move? That would explain a lot....

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Nor me, the longer Messi is in the tournament the happier I will be. Genius with a football.

I want the Argies out.

Too young to have any grudge about the 80s, but they have some very good individuals and them going out can only be good for England.

Yes, we're on the other side of the draw, but the more of the 'top' nations that fall away the better for us (providing we do our bit).

However I have Otamendi in my fantasy team, so I'll take an Argentina win and clean sheet if there's a result in the other game that sees them eliminated still.

On 24/06/2018 at 10:19, italian dave said:

Not sure about that? If you beat Mexico and Germany beat S K you'll all have 6 points. Then it comes down to goal difference where Mexico currently have a 2 goal advantage. Assuming Germany beat SK by more than you beat Mexico, and assuming you don't beat Mexico by more than 2 goals then you could end up with 6 points but out of the competition. I think! 

Its gonna be a thriller.

Archived