IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

5 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I just dont get why fans see Maradonna as a bigger cheat than any other player

who dives or cons the ref to get an advantage

Pretty sure he’s the only player to score a goal in the World Cup with his fist. 

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

France have thoroughly uninspiring so far. Wouldn't be backing them with any confidence at all against Argentina. 

Spain would probably beat either in the QF 

11 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Im sure your correct

The result of that action was a goal

Diving to win a Pen is just as bad

and the failed drugs tests? 

I’m torn about whether I want us to win or lose against Belgium. It’s all well and good saying we’re England and can take on anybody but the prospect of facing Germany or Brazil doesn’t make me feel confidence at all. Maybe we have to be a little bit less proud and take the easier route? Of course we have messed up against teams like Iceland in the past, but we have also messed up against the likes of Germany and Brazil in the past. I think with this ‘new’ England team they are far more equipped to play against the lesser nations than previous England teams.

To get to a World Cup final and have a shot at winning it would be the ultimate dream, but for me a Semi Final would also be a pretty incredible achievement.

Yes, they aren't a patch on their previous performances - and they weren't special. Note Özil is back and largely out wide. Haven't seen any real passion from them; the Koreans are not that different, but seeing as they are already out it's perhaps a bit surprising the game isn't a bit more exciting.

Is today the day we see the German result machine finally crack? As it stands (HT) the Germans will go through. Just needs a goal in either game and that all changes.

1 minute ago, Erithacus said:

Yes, they aren't a patch on their previous performances - and they weren't special. Note Özil is back and largely out wide. Haven't seen any real passion from them; the Koreans are not that different, but seeing as they are already out it's perhaps a bit surprising the game isn't a bit more exciting.

Is today the day we see the German result machine finally crack? As it stands (HT) the Germans will go through. Just needs a goal in either game and that all changes.

If SK win are they through?

3 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

That's okay, as it stands Germany need 2 to go through!

No just need to win.

Sweden's position has strengthened as they have doubled their lead against Mexico. They are going through as group winners on goal difference.

Germany will take the runners-up spot over Mexico if they can grab a goal and win this 1-0.

5 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

That's okay, as it stands Germany need 2 to go through!

I thought they went through on the head-to-head rule, having beaten Sweden? Delighted to be proved wrong!

They'd go through on goal difference over Mexico now...

And Korea look feeble.

Archived