IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

59 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I want the Argies out.

Too young to have any grudge about the 80s, but they have some very good individuals and them going out can only be good for England.

Yes, we're on the other side of the draw, but the more of the 'top' nations that fall away the better for us (providing we do our bit).

However I have Otamendi in my fantasy team, so I'll take an Argentina win and clean sheet if there's a result in the other game that sees them eliminated still.

I don’t see Argentina or us as serious contenders, I just like to see the best footballers on the biggest stage.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I don’t see Argentina or us as serious contenders, I just like to see the best footballers on the biggest stage.

Nor do I, pre-tournament I'd have said Quarter finals as an absolute best for us, but would have half expected Argentina to get that far.

Now I think we could reach the quarters, with a slim chance of going further, but not getting carried away until I see us face some half decent players on Thursday.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

This is exactly what I said on another thread, var has opened itself up to anything hitting a hand now being regarded as a penalty.

Last night was just down to a shocking ref! 

Just now, Super said:

Last night was just down to a shocking ref! 

I agree that the ref bottled it in the end, but it was var that flagged it up in the first place. Initially the referee saw nothing in it, but then var got involved and put the ref under intense pressure which he succumbed too.

Archived