IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Also looking at the supposedly easy side of the draw. Hello? Sweden?  We've not beaten them since about 1908 have we?

Yeah they're the sort of team we struggle against. Don't fancy Colombia either.

I think in a weird way we'd have a decent chance of beating someone like Brazil. Would be an interesting mesh of styles and they don't look totally convincing. Wouldn't be an easy game of course, but certainly not a given they'd beat us.

5 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

@North London Red, how are you doing in Kaliningrad? We are presently on our way from Gdansk, hopeful of a painless border crossing.

All good here. About to get a train from Zelenogradsk (on the Baltic coast) into Kaliningrad city. Really nice day here - sun shining, but thankfully a lot cooler than Nizhny Novgorod. 

How was the border crossing?

Just now, North London Red said:

All good here. About to get a train from Zelenogradsk (on the Baltic coast) into Kaliningrad city. Really nice day here - sun shining, but thankfully a lot cooler than Nizhny Novgorod. 

How was the border crossing?

Utterly painless: maybe 10 mins tops. Getting across the Severn Bridge is more grief. 

5 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Utterly painless: maybe 10 mins tops. Getting across the Severn Bridge is more grief. 

Good to hear, and totally disproves my fear (posted on here a few months ago) that the border crossing could be a nightmare on match day. Hopefully the coaches from Vilnius and Kaunas have a similarly painless crossing. 

Stumbled across this video last night. I think it perfectly reflects the positive impact that football has all over the planet, as embodied by the World Cup. Where's the craziest place that you guys have met a fellow City fan? Anyone got a photo of a City shirt in a cool location abroad? 

The video is definitely worth checking out. World Cup fever is surely the best antidote for the misery of seeing our best players leave! 

The Beautiful Game - Beautiful Destinations

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Japan going through on fewer yellow cards! I bet they won`t be diving into too many tackles for what`s left of the game.

I don't agree with that one bit.

Out on yellows, ouch, anyone know if they picked up some really soft ones?

Just now, Super said:

Colombia top Japan 2nd.

Surely must be another way.

points, gd, goals scored, result against each other were all first

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Out on yellows, ouch, anyone know if they picked up some really soft ones?

points, gd, goals scored, result against each other were all first

I would prefer shots on target in the group than yellow cards!

Archived