IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s all subjective though. Suppose a wayward shot is deflected on target by a defender and someone went out because of it?

There can never be a perfect way to settle these things.

I guess so just doesn't sound right to me. Maybe something to look at for the next WC!

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s all subjective though. Suppose a wayward shot is deflected on target by a defender and someone went out because of it?

There can never be a perfect way to settle these things.

But surely yellow cards can be incredibly subjective too?

I once lost a game for St Vallier under 10’s on countback of corners! We were gutted. 

Rather than something subjective I think corners or shots on target offer a more ‘positive’ element to the play. Imagine if it came down to shots on target - you wouldn’t have seen Japan knocking the ball around with no interest for the last 15 mins, they’d have been going hell for leather to shoot on sight. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I once lost a game for St Vallier under 10’s on countback of corners! We were gutted. 

Rather than something subjective I think corners or shots on target offer a more ‘positive’ element to the play. Imagine if it came down to shots on target - you wouldn’t have seen Japan knocking the ball around with no interest for the last 15 mins, they’d have been going hell for leather to shoot on sight. 

I did think corners too but you would have the affected countries demanding every one was now scrutinised by VAR to make sure they were given correctly. We wouldn`t know who was through until tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I did think corners too but you would have the affected countries demanding every one was now scrutinised by VAR to make sure they were given correctly. We wouldn`t know who was through until tomorrow!

But again, you can say the same for yellow cards. I’d guess you get more shouts of “that’s never a yellow” than you do “that’s never a corner”. 

54 minutes ago, Harry said:

Tbf Harry

Senegal caught a cold with their own strategy 

When Japan went 1 down they shut up shop happy to play out a 0-0 which would have seen them through

If they wanted to control their own destiny they should have tried to win or at the very least ensured not conceding if that was their negative plan

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep

The proper World Cup has begun

No more manaoevuring

It hurts , but it’s Viva Francais for me 

Not really sure who I want to win . Let’s just have a load of controversy and goals. 

Question . When does the ban for two yellows end . Thought it was group stages 

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Not really sure who I want to win . Let’s just have a load of controversy and goals. 

Question . When does the ban for two yellows end . Thought it was group stages 

It’s cleared before semi finals as I understand

Someone will correct me if that’s wrong

Without turning this into a politics or economy debate I’m stunned how many supporters the South American countries have been at these finals (From countries that don’t have the strongest economies) 

The FsF Guy was saying the cost was a big factor stopping a lot of England fans travelling

Have they got wathes Of cheap airlines in South America that fly to Russia :blink:

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Without turning this into a politics or economy debate I’m stunned how many supporters the South American countries have been at these finals (From countries that don’t have the strongest economies) 

The FsF Guy was saying the cost was a big factor stopping a lot of England fans travelling

Have they got wathes Of cheap airlines in South America that fly to Russia :blink:

It is very surprising. Apparently there are 30/40k Colombian fans over there. But thinking about it  they sell good shit 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Is there a team with a bigger mismatch between offensive quality and defensive? Aguero, Messi, Higuain, Dybala ... and an appalling defence. 

Says it all about the manager leaving out Aguero and picking Di Maria.

Archived