IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

There is only one team trying to play, are people really saying that they are happy for Russia to be playing the way they are.

If Russia came out and played, the Spain would be able to play the fast more direct football that people are complaining that they aren’t.

Just now, Portland Bill said:

There is only one team trying to play, are people really saying that they are happy for Russia to be playing the way they are.

If Russia came out and played, the Spain would be able to play the fast more direct football that people are complaining that they aren’t.

Can’t blame Russia for the way they’ve played imo. I know some don’t like it but they’ve gone at them when they have had chances. 

I’d day they’ve got their game plan spot on if you’ve played 117 minutes and are level. 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

In the VAR people`s minds then - `It`s the home country, it`s extra time and I`m not quite sure if it was a penalty. What do we do?`

More likely the pizza Putin's offered to buy them in Zizzi's after the game is on their mind

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

In the VAR people`s minds then - `It`s the home country, it`s extra time and I`m not quite sure if it was a penalty. What do we do?`

CD075DB3-179E-4FEC-BC33-1CC3F1E7D903.jpeg

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can’t blame Russia for the way they’ve played imo. I know some don’t like it but they’ve gone at them when they have had chances. 

I’d day they’ve got their game plan spot on if you’ve played 117 minutes and are level. 

I totally agree with you, just don’t get how people can complain about Spain, when they are trying to breakdown 11 Russians who are behind the ball. 

Just now, Portland Bill said:

I totally agree with you, just don’t get how people can complain about Spain, when they are trying to breakdown 11 Russians who are behind the ball. 

I think they’ve been really poor tbh. Yes lots of the ball, lots of passes, but they’ve been nowhere near good enough at breaking them down considering the talent in the squad. 

I know it’s difficult to play a park the bus approach but they have more than enough quality in that squad to have made life considerably more difficult. They’re too pedestrian for their own good at times, they need some urgency in their play. 

14 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Feel like football has moved on from their style of play now, it's all about fast direct play with movement in behind.. Spain have none of this.

Agreed - what they offer is a tippy-tippy borefest. Have done for years in my opinion...but I know that in my own household that's not a universally held view!

Russia utterly tedious as well of course, but more understandably as they're rubbish...

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Great sides like Spain used to be find a way to beat negative teams.

But they have been average at best in this world cup and have become a slow ponderous pastiche of what they used to be.

Archived