IGNORED

Ashton Gate World Cup Village (Merged)

Undy English

• Admin
1 hour ago, underhanded said:

Absolutely gutted after last night, and just about dragging myself through work today.

Thought the atmos down the Gate was great last night, yet was sad to see people chucking around what looked like bits of astro turf. Can anyone confirm what this was? If people were literally ripping up part of our facilities thats pretty shocking to be honest.

image.png

2 hours ago, underhanded said:

... yet was sad to see people chucking around what looked like bits of astro turf. Can anyone confirm what this was? If people were literally ripping up part of our facilities thats pretty shocking to be honest.

And this is the sort of thing that made me not want England to win. 

This is why we can't have nice things. 

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

You didn't want us to win because of some objects that were thrown?! Wow...

3 hours ago, underhanded said:

Absolutely gutted after last night, and just about dragging myself through work today.

Thought the atmos down the Gate was great last night, yet was sad to see people chucking around what looked like bits of astro turf. Can anyone confirm what this was? If people were literally ripping up part of our facilities thats pretty shocking to be honest.

Yeah, was like the grass stuff from around the bars. Everything was being thrown though, got hit with a ******* flip flop. People are idiots. I’ll never understand the drink throwing thing for goals (congrats on wasting a £4.50 pint) but why the bloody hell were people chucking them about when nothing was happening?! Absolute walnuts. 

8 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Yeah, was like the grass stuff from around the bars. Everything was being thrown though, got hit with a ******* flip flop. People are idiots. I’ll never understand the drink throwing thing for goals (congrats on wasting a £4.50 pint) but why the bloody hell were people chucking them about when nothing was happening?! Absolute walnuts. 

You sure all of it was drinkable?    :fear:

3 hours ago, TBW said:

Seriously? Why don't you apply the same logic to City? People wanna cause trouble etc, obviously a minority, yet to you thats enough to not want your national team to win? Madness.

Went fanzone/World Cup Village first time last night.

Result aside, had a fine time. Atmosphere was good, lively- okay the result obviously put  a downer as a fanzone, experience itself all pretty good I thought.

There was a bit of red smoke when the goal went in for us, which personally had no problem with. The beer was easy enough to get quite quickly, as an experience pretty positive IMO.

Archived