IGNORED

Ashton Gate World Cup Village (Merged)

Undy English

9 minutes ago, zombie said:

I missed out today, got there around 6. Couldn’t get there any earlier. It’s disappointing, but I’m sure I’ll find another screen. At the risk of sounding entitled it is a bit irritating that non football fans, occasional (every 2 years if we’re doing well and it’s sunny) fans  are given the same opportunity to watch football at the stadium I have had a season ticket at for years, a place where I have literally spent thousands and thousands.

Looking at how popular it’s been so far, could they not have had a half or full day in which season ticket holders and members had first dibs? Hell, I’d even go as far as including Rovers season ticket holders in that priority group, at least they are football fans, not just part timers who want a nice day out and are unlikely to return to our club and use the facilities. I’m all for football being inclusive and everyone getting in to the spirit, but some of these folk just want a drink or are just going because their friends are.

Anyway, hope all of you going have a great time, I hope we all do wherever we all watch it :englandflag:

Won’t be that good anyway - only drink on offer is twisted bitter

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

...but if they need to explain where 'other' money has come from?

Anyway, what's most annoying is people grabbing 4 or 8 tickets and not all of them get used.

If the 30% (ish) non-attendance figure is correct, that's a lot of lost revenue.

That’s why I’m surprised the club have been so generous in handing out tickets. Staffing will be set based on the assumption 5500 will turn up. Pretty much everyone there is guaranteed to buy at least one drink, that’s a lot of lost money.

I think £5 a ticket which can be exchanged for a drink would have been a fair deal.

41 minutes ago, zombie said:

I missed out today, got there around 6. Couldn’t get there any earlier. It’s disappointing, but I’m sure I’ll find another screen. At the risk of sounding entitled it is a bit irritating that non football fans, occasional (every 2 years if we’re doing well and it’s sunny) fans  are given the same opportunity to watch football at the stadium I have had a season ticket at for years, a place where I have literally spent thousands and thousands.

Looking at how popular it’s been so far, could they not have had a half or full day in which season ticket holders and members had first dibs? Hell, I’d even go as far as including Rovers season ticket holders in that priority group, at least they are football fans, not just part timers who want a nice day out and are unlikely to return to our club and use the facilities. I’m all for football being inclusive and everyone getting in to the spirit, but some of these folk just want a drink or are just going because their friends are.

Anyway, hope all of you going have a great time, I hope we all do wherever we all watch it :englandflag:

Agreed mate. I was lucky enough to get down there at lunchtime and overheard the bloke in front of me chatting to his mate who was discussing plans for if we make the final on SATURDAY!

9 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

Currently heading to the Gate to pick up my tickets for Wednesday. The Gate has become the ONLY place to see England bring it home..

Edit: in an absolute horror show I've got on the wrong train and rather than Temple Meads I've found myself in Swindon!!   

Hey, don't worry about it,  Flinty once made a similar terrible mistake, but as we all know he eventually sorted himself out and everything turned out great in the end... I'm sure it will for you too. :) 

14 hours ago, Undy English said:

For me and you maybe, but some people got to keep the country going whilst the rest of us drink ourselves into oblivion.

Lost me there,Is that to the left of Rogiet or The right of Magor?

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

That’s why I’m surprised the club have been so generous in handing out tickets. Staffing will be set based on the assumption 5500 will turn up. Pretty much everyone there is guaranteed to buy at least one drink, that’s a lot of lost money.

I think £5 a ticket which can be exchanged for a drink would have been a fair deal.

Going by what others have said, and if a similar thing happens on Wednesday night, there could be over 1,000 punters missing.......although interest will be greater.

Two drinks (or one drink and a burger) would be up around £10 not spent by each missing punter.

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I guess they have handed out the extra 500 tickets compared to the other day knowing that not everyone will turn up so they will get somewhere closer to the 5000 that they actually want.

Got down there yesterday at about 12 and they started giving them out not long after, myself and my old man grabbed 4 each.

In our case all the tickets are going to city fans that have watched all or almost every England match at the gate but can definitely understand some people questioning the allocation of 4 per person - I think the idea of selling them for £5 but on the basis of a free drink on arrival that @Up The City! suggested would be the best shout for making sure they went to the right people, or maybe having a few hours priority for ST holders and members?

Either way sure to be a mint atmosphere again, come on England!

Fed up with this right people shit.

The right people is anybody who wants to follow their country in a major tournament.

Why city fans think they have more rights than others baffles me - Ashton Gate is a venue whilst also being the home of Bristol City and Bristol Bears and presumably HQ for Bristol Sport. Get over it !!

1 hour ago, Neo said:

The right people is anybody who wants to follow their country in a major tournament.

Why city fans think they have more rights than others baffles me - Ashton Gate is a venue whilst also being the home of Bristol City and Bristol Bears and presumably HQ for Bristol Sport. Get over it !!

Well said. I've seen a lot of gas heads down there enjoying watching England, along with supporters of other nations. It isn't an exclusive thing for City fans.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

19 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Well said. I've seen a lot of gas heads down there enjoying watching England, along with supporters of other nations. It isn't an exclusive thing for City fans.

If anything, I expect that Bristol Sport would want most of the tickets to go out to non-regulars to try and show off the stadium/facilities to potential new customers. 

15 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

This may have been said already but anyone know if arrangements have been made, barriers etc.., to keep the idiots off the Atyeo sculpture.? Made me feel angry and nauseous to see what happened last time

Don’t think it happened on Saturday did it, it was the match before that. There was netting or barriers in place for Saturdays match and that seemed to have worked/ people respected the statue as I didn’t read any reports. The netting was in place on Sunday so it seemed to have done its job.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don’t think it happened on Saturday did it, it was the match before that. There was netting or barriers in place for Saturdays match and that seemed to have worked/ people respected the statue as I didn’t read any reports. The netting was in place on Sunday so it seemed to have done its job.

thanks for letting me know mate. Proper turned I over that did.

21 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

Pretty cool 'tickets' for the England v Croatia semi. Actually prinited on thick card. Unlike the Quarters I'm going to insist on keeping this upon entry. Worth keeping.

20180709_151956.jpg

Well, anyone who can't get a ticket. That's not impossible to make at home to be honest. 

Or if anyone wants to scan one. Possible too. No unique identifier or barcodes.

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

Well, anyone who can't get a ticket. That's not impossible to make at home to be honest. 

Or if anyone wants to scan one. Possible too. No unique identifier or barcodes.

Yeah, what can possibly go wrong with too many people trying to attend a ticketed semi final football occasion..!

There are number restrictions for a reason!

59 minutes ago, RedM said:

Unfotunely one person tried it on Sat but promptly got hauled off it by security 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, what can possibly go wrong with too many people trying to attend a ticketed semi final football occasion..!

There are number restrictions for a reason!

Calm down.

Don't worry, I won't be doing it. I'm supporting Croatia so don't feel I'd be all too welcome. 

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Unfotunely one person tried it on Sat but promptly got hauled off it by security 

Thanks. I didn’t hear about that but at least they were aware and acted.

I wouldn’t be surprised if security didn’t get to them first that fans would have bounced them out pretty quickly anyway.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Are all tbe tickets for tomorrow gone?

If so does anyone have a spare?

Hadnt had any way to get to the Gate to get one myself but getting paid tomorrow and was hoping to go down.

I was in the rising sun before going in on Saturday and they had loads behind the bar that people had handed in and just werent being used...might be worth popping in there before

39 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

I was in the rising sun before going in on Saturday and they had loads behind the bar that people had handed in and just werent being used...might be worth popping in there before

I may also have a spare but can't confirm until tomorrow, sorry.  I'll know in the morning.

18 hours ago, Club and Country said:

At the Ashton Road entrance there was a steward shouting out if anyone had any spares or needed a spare, I gave my spare to him to pass on to someone.

Absolutely gutted after last night, and just about dragging myself through work today.

Thought the atmos down the Gate was great last night, yet was sad to see people chucking around what looked like bits of astro turf. Can anyone confirm what this was? If people were literally ripping up part of our facilities thats pretty shocking to be honest.

Archived