IGNORED

Ashton Gate World Cup Village (Merged)

Undy English

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Absolutely no bags to be taken in if I have read that correctly.

" No Rucksacks, holdalls, bum bags, shopping bags, shoulder strap bags or larger bags will be allowed in the Fan Village. "

Seems a tad harsh

Pretty much a no bag ruling? it seems very harsh.

I had an argument with the Stewards at Man Utd for the Soccer Aid game. My bag had been searched at the perimeter of the ground and allowed in. It was a small 6x6x2 inch handbag which they wanted me to put into the bag collection point. I refused saying it would be more of a security risk if I had to go into the match with my phone in one hand, keys and purse in the other as I wasn’t leaving them in a lock up. The security bloke was having non of it despite me pointing out plenty of people with large bags than mine, a real jobsworth. To cut a long story short I insisted on talking to a supervisor who said there was no problem with my bag and let me in!

Appreciate it's free but can't help but think Bristol Sport have shot themselves in the foot here.

They've made it far too much hassle for people to get tickets (a simple online registration and printable ticket option would have sufficed).

Now people who leave it late or are undecided where to watch the game will be put off and ultimately, it's the club who'll lose out on revenue.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Appreciate it's free but can't help but think Bristol Sport have shot themselves in the foot here.

They've made it far too much hassle for people to get tickets (a simple online registration and printable ticket option would have sufficed).

Now people who leave it late or are undecided where to watch the game will be put off and ultimately, it's the club who'll lose out on revenue.

Add to that those people many not City fans that don't even realise they need tickets!

I'm guessing it's our friends at the SAG that have enforced this due to not only numbers attending so far, but what is anticipated for Saturday

14 minutes ago, Undy English said:

There would be other logistical issues with print at home tickets.

Do we have access to the required number of handheld scanners to scan each entry? Otherwise, if you relied on a human visual check, you could print 50 copies of the same 1 ticket and you'd either have no control on numbers entering or people who'd genuinely got a ticket being refused entry because 5000 people had already entered the fan village.

46 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

There would be other logistical issues with print at home tickets.

Do we have access to the required number of handheld scanners to scan each entry? Otherwise, if you relied on a human visual check, you could print 50 copies of the same 1 ticket and you'd either have no control on numbers entering or people who'd genuinely got a ticket being refused entry because 5000 people had already entered the fan village.

Valid point bud, didn't think of that! The real point I was making though is that the whole 'ad-hoc' nature of your undecided supporters is now lost revenue. People who might turn up late or as a last minute decision, something we've done a few times, now won't be able to get in. Or alternatively be put off entirely.

And as @phantom mentioned earlier, a lot of people aren't involved in City forums or twitter, they won't even know they need tickets! Imagine turning up down there to watch the game and being refused entry.

20 hours ago, hodge said:

Well they've limited it to 5000 people Saturday, apparently we can't use the stands and big screens due to ongoing works which I assume is pitch related and they can't risk people running on.

Could they not open the concourses and out screens in there?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Small queue for tickets at the shop right now I am told by someone passing

I went about 9 on my way to work and there was a pretty decent queue at that point. But based on the fact everyone can have 4 each I would think quite a few have been snapped up already

Good old City though - there was a delay of about 10 mins when they had to wait for more tickets to be brought down from the office after the initial 100 or so were handed out.  I guess they were surprised by the initial numbers turning up perhaps

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Interesting to see a similar screening in Portsmouth has been cancelled due to "the considerable risks inherent in relation to crime and disorder, safeguarding and counter terrorism"

must of been rough there then, I'm talking irene rough too 

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting to see a similar screening in Portsmouth has been cancelled due to "the considerable risks inherent in relation to crime and disorder, safeguarding and counter terrorism"

Surely the risk would come from terrorism, not anti-terrorism?

Archived