IGNORED

Ashton Gate World Cup Village (Merged)

Undy English

Just an FYI for those who weren't aware, may want to give yourselves some extra time getting down there tonight.

Not surprised after all the pyro and bottles/cans being thrown during the Belgium game:

"Due to the success of the Fan Village there will be additional security measures employed including individual bag searches. Please arrive early so that you have time to go through the security cordon in time for the start of the match. Food and drink will not be permitted to be taken into the village / bar (water is allowed). There will be a zero-tolerance on poor behaviour and pyrotechnics are strictly prohibited."

What are they really going to do though? Young lads having what they deem as fun etc, they won’t plough in with stewards as it will just end up in brawls with a bunch of teenagers etc. 

Pyro I imagine will continue to be let off as isn’t exactly hard to take in. 

52 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm planning on rocking up about 18.30. Chances of a cider and a view of the screen?:yawn:

Previous games have tended to go from busy to packed, just before kick off. 

You’ll get a view of the screen, even if it’s from KFC..! Getting a cider isn’t actually too bad, once inside the car park area, look for the smaller bars, away from the statue area. The ones off by the South stand served pretty quickly V Belgium.  

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You’ll get a view of the screen, even if it’s from KFC..! Getting a cider isn’t actually too bad, once inside the car park area, look for the smaller bars, away from the statue area. The ones off by the South stand served pretty quickly V Belgium.  

There's only one way to beat them, get round the back. 

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Great thanks

First time at the World Cup Fan Park last night and have to say thought it was fantastic.  The 'security' clearly wasn't that effective what with flares getting in - I'm neither pro or against them - but it didn't seem necessary, a great atmosphere prevailed.  I can't praise the fan park in general enough. It has become part of my normal match day experience these days and the use of the concourse toilets made that experience a lot easier than normal.

Anyone know how huge the Memorial Ground Fan Park was last night..............?

Definitely going back on Saturday as long as the weather holds out (forecast to).  The club must be drowning in additional revenue and will be praying for another victory and continued swelling of their coffers.

52 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

First time at the World Cup Fan Park last night and have to say thought it was fantastic.  The 'security' clearly wasn't that effective what with flares getting in - I'm neither pro or against them - but it didn't seem necessary, a great atmosphere prevailed.  I can't praise the fan park in general enough. It has become part of my normal match day experience these days and the use of the concourse toilets made that experience a lot easier than normal.

Anyone know how huge the Memorial Ground Fan Park was last night..............?

Definitely going back on Saturday as long as the weather holds out (forecast to).  The club must be drowning in additional revenue and will be praying for another victory and continued swelling of their coffers.

Well they've limited it to 5000 people Saturday, apparently we can't use the stands and big screens due to ongoing works which I assume is pitch related and they can't risk people running on.

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well they've limited it to 5000 people Saturday, apparently we can't use the stands and big screens due to ongoing works which I assume is pitch related and they can't risk people running on.

Can’t use the big screen on the outside of the stand?

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Someone asked why we couldn't have the stands open and watch on the big screens inside the stadium

To be fair, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the screen outside and the audio functionality.  I had nightmares of the game being sans sound or glare from the sun ruining visibility but neither were an issue.  

1 minute ago, Yozzarian said:

To be fair, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the screen outside and the audio functionality.  I had nightmares of the game being sans sound or glare from the sun ruining visibility but neither were an issue.  

Yeah not surprised by that, was just a case now they club have said only 5000 being allowed Saturday when you could have double that in the stands. 

25 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

with itv commentary that would of been a blessing

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Also head this - rumors of the event being ticketed too. Can anyone confirm? 

Although I'm sure the tickets would be free, I imagine a move like this might put people off attending.

32 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yeah not surprised by that, was just a case now they club have said only 5000 being allowed Saturday when you could have double that in the stands. 

Assuming that between 3000 and 5000 have been to the England games so far and a steady stream of people have gone there for the other games, I would imagine it has been quite lucrative for the club.

Shame they can't use the pitch, they could have parked one of those huge LED trucks on it like you see at motorsport and made a double mint!

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Assuming that between 3000 and 5000 have been to the England games so far and a steady stream of people have gone there for the other games, I would imagine it has been quite lucrative for the club.

Shame they can't use the pitch, they could have parked one of those huge LED trucks on it like you see at motorsport and made a double mint!

if it wasn't so close to the start of the season I'm sure we would of, but we just can't risk the damage which like you say is a shame as it would of been awesome 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Surely that could be done outside the ground anyway?

Remember years back Fosters sponsored an event in Queens Square for the Ashes, was a great afternoon watching England destroy the Aussies on a giant screen

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Remember years back Fosters sponsored an event in Queens Square for the Ashes, was a great afternoon watching England destroy the Aussies on a giant screen

I would have thought that most mobile screens were booked ages ago. Who knows!

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Christ I remember that, the 2005 ashes! I feel so old :-(

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Very true Rob. A group of us, about 15 in total, been regularly going down, 3-4 pints each plus food each time, and been really enjoying it. A shame about this weekend though. Can't be bothered with the tickets and queues so will be watching elsewhere. 

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Remember if well. It was during The Ashes series to end them all: 2005. The Old Trafford Test. 

4 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Very true Rob. A group of us, about 15 in total, been regularly going down, 3-4 pints each plus food each time, and been really enjoying it. A shame about this weekend though. Can't be bothered with the tickets and queues so will be watching elsewhere. 

Might be worth waiting to see what the ticket arrangements are before making a decision, they haven't yet said they are charging, it might just be a crowd capacity/management issue.

Archived