IGNORED

Taking a flask into the ground..

Red Skin

1 minute ago, Red Army Faction said:

**** me, I'm getting old.

Never thought I'd be asking this question but what's the attitude to taking a flask into the ground? Is this allowed or does a thermos of lukewarm coffee constitute a lethal weapon in these times?

When I’ve bothered , never had a problem RAF

I bring in a steel flask of hot Ribena almost every winter game. Never had a problem, usually have a joke with the Stewards about it. I’ve never been asked to open it but would have no problem doing so and proving that’s all it is. 

It’s only Ribena as I share it and it’s the only hot drink we agree, on Tea Vs Coffee!

30 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Never thought I'd be asking this question but what's the attitude to taking a flask into the ground? Is this allowed or does a thermos of lukewarm coffee constitute a lethal weapon in these times?

And no sneaking Novichok through in that hip flask.....

12 minutes ago, RiverRed said:

And no smuggling AK47s inside your shoelaces either.

I dismantle that usually and smuggle it in up me jacksy.  Dammned uncomfortable to sit on the whole match. Sooner we have safe satnding the better!!!

56 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

I’ve never had a problem, nice brew at half time. My missus paid £2.50 for one hot chocolate so a flask is wise! 

1 hour ago, Red Army Faction said:

You’ll be bringing a blanket next ?

11 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

What about tartan blankets?

Yes, but not tart n custard!

Back to the OP though. I've always been told to remove the top from a plastic bottle of water. The reasoning is that a container full of water, if thrown, can cause injury.

59 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

@BobBobSuper Bob!! @RedM @Mr Popodopolous

Also, any problem with flasks at away grounds?  My gut instinct is to not bother in case it get taken off me.

I'll be taking in the stainless steel version that can be used for hold or cold. The kind you'd use for walking or cycling.  

I’ve never taken one on away game , or at least into an away ground mate 

Should be fine but I wouldn’t guarantee against an officious steward somewhere

2 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Always bring a flask to Home games in as one of us is  Lactose intolerant. Also I object to the cost of the Tea & coffee (but particularly the tea) and sometimes I will bring soup on a particularly cold day.  However I don't for away games as many such as Birmingham have airport style restrictions on the amount of liquid you can take into the ground. Same as some grounds remove the tops of of your bottle (so I always take a spare one) 

Never attempted at an away ground. Very much doubt if you would get in with it, unless you look particularly old or frail and they might take pity on you, I don’t really qualify for either ?

You all might laugh, but on a cold winters night me and my Ribena are happy :clapping:And no, I’ve never tried bringing in a blanket. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

I’ve never had a problem, nice brew at half time. My missus paid £2.50 for one hot chocolate so a flask is wise! 

Yeah, and that's kind of why I'm doing it.  With kids soft drinks it's starting to add up.  

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Yes, but not tart n custard!

Back to the OP though. I've always been told to remove the top from a plastic bottle of water. The reasoning is that a container full of water, if thrown, can cause injury.

These are stainless steel so could do some damage.  Sitting where I do in the south stand it'd be some poor bugger at the front that'll get it rather than a player or ref.  My throw isn't what it used to be.   

(This is turning into a sad lament for my lost youth and vigour!)

1 hour ago, Red Army Faction said:

These are stainless steel so could do some damage.  Sitting where I do in the south stand it'd be some poor bugger at the front that'll get it rather than a player or ref.  My throw isn't what it used to be.   

(This is turning into a sad lament for my lost youth and vigour!)

Don't say, let's guess. When you've passed on, you want the urn containing your ashes to be thrown at the Ref?

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Never attempted at an away ground. Very much doubt if you would get in with it, unless you look particularly old or frail and they might take pity on you, I don’t really qualify for either ?

You all might laugh, but on a cold winters night me and my Ribena are happy :clapping:And no, I’ve never tried bringing in a blanket:laugh:

If you get the timing right they give a mighty wack. :laughcont:

Been taking a flask in the really cold weather to the gate on and off for 52 years now.  Never a problem. Sometimes contains coffee and occasionally hot soup on the coldest of days.  Plastic or metal, big ones and small ones - no issues. Never taken one to an away game though.

Never taken booze into the ground though.  May try a couple of shots of Irish in my coffee this season.

7 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

5 or 6 gentlemen of elderly persuasion who sit behind me in the dolman all bring in a minature brandy every game for half time...great to see them all enjoying themselves and sneaking a little snifter in...they don’t have talk shit mind

Do you ever wonder whether one of that group is @Robbored:P

I never take anything into the ground.  Joe, however takes my flask and food!!  His bag never gets checked!!!

12 hours ago, RedM said:

I bring in a steel flask of hot Ribena almost every winter game. Never had a problem, usually have a joke with the Stewards about it. I’ve never been asked to open it but would have no problem doing so and proving that’s all it is. 

It’s only Ribena as I share it and it’s the only hot drink we agree, on Tea Vs Coffee!

Hot Ribena... Blimey now there is a blast from the past. Decades since i experienced the delights of that... When next back in the UK, hopefully by the end of next month, its now on my 'to do list'. Thanks so much for sharing RedM. ?

Archived