IGNORED

Aston Villa's Allocation/Sold (Merged)

Never to the dark side

4 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Just wanted to say Julie that it is great that our police liaison officer follows otib - and makes comments on here quite frequently.

I am a great supporter of the police. A tough job and you get loads of unjustified abuse. 

Keep up the good work ! 

Undoubtedly Julie does a sound job on here- keeps us in the loop as and when possible- the engagement thing quite important IMO.

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Strange that you think the team would benefit from a noisier home crowd but not a larger away following. I don’t see how there is a net gain there.

Anyway if it’s a nosier home crowd you’re after I don’t actually think a smalller away allocation correlates to that - if anything it’s the opposite.

Teams pick up the majority of points at home so the odd jolly away for part timers means jack overall.

At BCFC the team doing well encourages noise from home support - We ain't Leeds who get behind their team when theyre losing so less noise from the Atyeo can only be good for the club.

10 hours ago, bakes said:

I wonder how many seasons of championship football it will take before their fans realise they have found their level.

Smaller club than Leeds but probably a bit bigger than Forest all of which are has-been clubs.

I think they're a lot bigger. They've won a lot more than Leeds and spent 50 years longer in the top flight than them. Get bigger crowds.

It's dirty Leeds who have found their level. Now there's a club I don't like...

1 hour ago, Rapax said:

I think they're a lot bigger. They've won a lot more than Leeds and spent 50 years longer in the top flight than them. Get bigger crowds.

It's dirty Leeds who have found their level. Now there's a club I don't like...

How come then, Leeds generated the highest commercial revenue in the division as per 16/17?

Better than some PL clubs as well- Leeds aren't a popular club but the commercial revenue is a good indicator that yes they are a reasonably big draw still. Got the biggest name manager in the Championship for some while too.

11 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Why can’t people work out the away allocation will be done on the  3 games in a row of over 25k crowds, in regards to resident parking. 

Bristol sport won’t have 3 games in a row over 25k, to then be forced to set up resident parking to make an extra £20k on away fan. 

We did last season but the club attempted to squirm out of it by saying that the physical number of people in the crowd for one of the games was less than 25k.......I'm assuming they got away with that

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How come then, Leeds generated the highest commercial revenue in the division as per 16/17?

Better than some PL clubs as well- Leeds aren't a popular club but the commercial revenue is a good indicator that yes they are a reasonably big draw still. Got the biggest name manager in the Championship for some while too.

I don’t even know who their manager is..! 

Bigger than Rafa Benitez, the season before last, or former England manager Steve McLaren..?! 

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t even know who their manager is..! 

Bigger than Rafa Benitez, the season before last, or former England manager Steve McLaren..?! 

Benitez I'll grant you- however came down with Newcastle and stayed- so not quite the same IMO.

Leeds as a Championship club and along-standing attracted a guy who Pep Guardiola, Pochettino and others speak highly of- Bielsa. Well known in world football circles- in England, not so much. Wouldn't expect some of the English football media to make much of a thing of it though

Fact that Lampard and Rowett were more hyped says a fair bit tbh. Each to their own though.

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't know and I don't know if it's true either, I've not checked their accounts. Villa are still much bigger regardless.

Villa have higher average attendances and historically so too.

Villa have won loads more and you only realise Leeds haven't won't a great deal when you see it compared;

Villa 7 titles, Leeds 3

Villa 7 FA Cups, Leeds 1

Villa 5 League Cups, Leeds 1

Villa 1 European Cup, Leeds 0

Villa 0 Fairs Cup, Leeds 2

Villa 1 Super Cup, Leeds 0

Villa 100 plus years in the top division, Leeds 50 odd.

Leeds are at their level in my opinion. Vile club with fans in the dark ages.

19 minutes ago, Rapax said:

I don't know and I don't know if it's true either, I've not checked their accounts. Villa are still much bigger regardless.

Villa have won loads more and you only realise Leeds haven't won't a great deal when you see it compared;

Villa 7 titles, Leeds 3

Villa 7 FA Cups, Leeds 1

Commercial revenue tends to be an indicator though. Not the sole one by any stretch, but an indicator. I didn't look at their accounts either- Swiss Ramble on Twitter provides all that along with a myriad of football finance based info.

Dunno tbh- biggest average attendance in the division this season? Leeds. That set of trophies is quite a differential though granted, but then Leeds have quite a few 2nd place finishes down the years too (then again, 2nd is nowhere).

Personally I think they are both fairly big clubs- not elite but next level down. Which one is bigger, a matter of opinion thereafter.

36 minutes ago, Rapax said:

Villa 7 titles, Leeds 3

Villa 7 FA Cups, Leeds 1

Another. Swollen headed Villa fan

20 minutes ago, Rapax said:

Not really. I just have access to the internet and I will admit that Elland Road being the only ground I've been called a black bastard doesn't help my opinion of them, but still...

I couldn’t care less what you or Leeds won in the very dim and distant past

In fact , like most on here I’d suggest , I have no interest in Villa or Leeds so I don’t know what you’re hoping to achieve , other than reinforce the persona of most of the arrogant tosspots from your fan base that have visited here 

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

We did last season but the club attempted to squirm out of it by saying that the physical number of people in the crowd for one of the games was less than 25k.......I'm assuming they got away with that

It's not a case of squirming out of it, the club simply published the true figure of those actually attending AG and this showed the numbers for implementation had simply not been reached.

The activation of the residents scheme was always dependent on the numbers attending AG so it would be wrong to bring it in based on inflated figures ('tickets sold') which were significantly larger than the actual number in the ground. 

The difference between the 2 figures is generally several thousand so the threshhold for implementation has never been reached and club were absolutely within their rights to point this out.

For a side who had that alocationI thought their fans support was the worst of those that have had the same

Hardly heard them and they were at their loudest when abusing Bruce

They match the persona of their players

Big egos and total sense of entitlement , without the ability to match 

Thought our noise was better

Well done as always to our engine room in the corner :clap:

Thought SS And Dolman more involved tonight too

On 28/09/2018 at 10:30, BobBobSuperBob said:

I couldn’t care less what you or Leeds won in the very dim and distant past

In fact , like most on here I’d suggest , I have no interest in Villa or Leeds so I don’t know what you’re hoping to achieve , other than reinforce the persona of most of the arrogant tosspots from your fan base that have visited here 

Villa and Leeds are both big clubs, there is no denying that.but for me the one club that stands out in this division is Sheffield Wednesday.  A massive club with a fan base that oozes class ( not ignorance!) and is hometown based ( unlike Leeds and Villa who attract fans from around the country).  I was at Hillsborough in 1990 when we played them late on in the season, 40k plus in that ground that created probably the best atmosphere I’ve ever witnessed. They just need to somehow get it right on the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Villa and Leeds are both big clubs, there is no denying that.but for me the one club that stands out in this division is Sheffield Wednesday.  A massive club with a fan base that oozes class ( not ignorance!) and is hometown based ( unlike Leeds and Villa who attract fans from around the country).  I was at Hillsborough in 1990 when we played them late on in the season, 40k plus in that ground that created probably the best atmosphere I’ve ever witnessed. They just need to somehow get it right on the pitch. 

Always preferred Wednesday to Sheffield United tbh. They’re a big club but don’t seem to feel they are entitled to success because of it (unlike some teams...)

And they always bring a good number to us, whilst always being very loud

Can't wait for the big clubs in this division to get back to the top division, Leeds, Villa, Wednesday, Forest even including us a big city team. Much better for the competition in the Prem and commercial value to have the biggest and most important cities represented rather than the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Can't wait for the big clubs in this division to get back to the top division, Leeds, Villa, Wednesday, Forest even including us a big city team. Much better for the competition in the Prem and commercial value to have the biggest and most important cities represented rather than the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth.

Nonsense

Although Leeds And Sheff Wes’s would spice up the Circus

You get where you deserve to be

And we certainly don’t have any claim or entitlement

Forest ?   One (very) successful shortish spell 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I don’t think Villa have any more glory hunting fans from around the country than other big clubs - including Sheff Weds who have supporters clubs based all over the UK and beyond....and we didn’t play Wednesday away in 1990 - we played them up there in 1991 but the crowd was nowhere near “40k plus” - it was just over 30k, so not sure which game you are thinking of as we didn’t play a league game at Hillsborough at all from 1980 to 1991....but I totally agree they are a great club and their away followings are incredibly impressive....

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think Villa have any more glory hunting fans from around the country than other big clubs - including Sheff Weds who have supporters clubs based all over the UK and beyond....and we didn’t play Wednesday away in 1990 - we played them up there in 1991 but the crowd was nowhere near “40k plus” - it was just over 30k, so not sure which game you are thinking of as we didn’t play a league game at Hillsborough at all from 1980 to 1991....but I totally agree they are a great club and their away followings are incredibly impressive....

Sheff Weds are the best supporters in the division 

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Someone's after a 'like' from @Owl Visiting

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For a side who had that alocationI thought their fans support was the worst of those that have had the same

Hardly heard them and they were at their loudest when abusing Bruce

They match the persona of their players

Big egos and total sense of entitlement , without the ability to match 

Thought our noise was better

Well done as always to our engine room in the corner :clap:

Thought SS And Dolman more involved tonight too

So, selling them extra tickets didn't have the drastic effect that some on here predicted. Best part of £20K extra banked and no effect on the result. Best way to silence a big away following is to give them nothing to get excited about?

Archived