IGNORED

Aston Villa's Allocation/Sold (Merged)

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Just seems odd to me that historically troubleshooting clubs like Leeds, B’ham, Sheff Utd get the full allocation at VP while we get nearly 1000 less depriving many honest and well behaved fans the right to see their club, still, there are plenty of apologists trying to justify and excuse this

Birmingham don't and Villa don't at Birmingham. WMP limit it to 2000 for both and make them kick off at 12:00. But then you can well imagine there's a lot of trouble between them two so I guess it makes sense.

There's been no trouble in this fixture, even with them bringing larger away followings and the huge police presence seems to cope, so I don't know why the normal allocation up there isn't allowed.

Thing is Villa and Leeds will take generally more to places but I bet they cause a lot more trouble too, yet seem to get bigger allocations. Doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

We give them 15% of our capacity they give us 4% of their capacity and would rather have 13,000 empty seats, hardly fair is it, if I had my way i’d Give them 1000 tickets the rest of them can watch the game on the red button in Pontins down Brean

The point is we don't know what our allocation is going to be at Villa this season.  If it is going to be limited to a small % and a smaller absolute number than we've given them, then I absolutely agree we shouldn't be doing it.

The trick is for clubs to agree these things in advance, but that never seems to happen.  Last season we were fighting Cardiff for more tickets for the return, months after we'd already given them a more generous allocation at Ashton Gate.

A question for @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO - given the size of Villa's allocation, can we expect an equivalent allocation for the return fixture?  Has this even been discussed yet?  If not, why not?  I don't like tit-for-tat, but I do think we should be agreeing reciprocal arrangements in advance to ensure both clubs benefit equally from the support in the stands, across both fixtures.

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The point is we don't know what our allocation is going to be at Villa this season.  If it is going to be limited to a small % and a smaller absolute number than we've given them, then I absolutely agree we shouldn't be doing it.

The trick is for clubs to agree these things in advance, but that never seems to happen.  Last season we were fighting Cardiff for more tickets for the return, months after we'd already given them a more generous allocation at Ashton Gate.

A question for @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO - given the size of Villa's allocation, can we expect an equivalent allocation for the return fixture?  Has this even been discussed yet?  If not, why not?  I don't like tit-for-tat, but I do think we should be agreeing reciprocal arrangements in advance to ensure both clubs benefit equally from the support in the stands, across both fixtures.

All we can go on is what they’ve given us for the last 2 seasons, an inadequate 1,900 which we have sold out. We give them 15% of our capacity they give us 4%, f@@k ‘em, give them 400 and let them watch it in their North Somerset caravans

20 minutes ago, Rapax said:

Villa don't seem to give anybody more than 2700, regardless of who they're playing. I think it's more to do with where they have their away end. You can't just extend it as i guess there are season ticket holders next to it on the side.

I’ve got an idea, why don’t they move away fans to where they usually have 10,000 empty seats?

City were already giving Villa 700 above the number they were required to give before the additional allocation.

The rule is Championship clubs must allocate 2,000 away tickets if their capacity is above 20k, and 10% of the total number if the capacity is below that.

So if the capacity of AG was 19k we'd have to give Villa 1.9k. As it's over 20k we are obliged to give them 2k., but no more than that.

34.2.1    Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 20,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. 

However, in the Championship (EFL generally), visiting supporters are only guaranteed 2,000 tickets. That figure is then reduced if the capacity is under 20,000, with 10% of the capacity guaranteed.

4 hours ago, pillred said:

two wrongs don't make a right, best not to stoop to their level.

I disagree. I have never been to villa park. I can’t get an away ticket.

They use to give away teams the whole entire end behind the goal. Are they scared the away end will out sing the famous 12th man holt end. 

Sorry . But they can kiss my big fat arse

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

City were already giving Villa 700 above the number they were required to give before the additional allocation.

The rule is Championship clubs must allocate 2,000 away tickets if their capacity is above 20k, and 10% of the total number if the capacity is below that.

So if the capacity of AG was 19k we'd have to give Villa 1.9k. As it's over 20k we are obliged to give them 2k., but no more than that.

34.2.1    Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 20,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. 

However, in the Championship (EFL generally), visiting supporters are only guaranteed 2,000 tickets. That figure is then reduced if the capacity is under 20,000, with 10% of the capacity guaranteed.

You forgot the subsection that explains why the WMP stick their oar in and reduce the allocation for a team nearly 100 miles away, down below that of a local and bitter rival :read:

14 hours ago, harrys said:

I’ve got an idea, why don’t they move away fans to where they usually have 10,000 empty seats?

Remind us again what your average away following is.  How many did you take to Wigan?  Yet you want to start dictating to other clubs how many tickets you want for selective games.

Villa sell out allocations every week, not just once in a blue moon because everyone fancies a big day out.

As others have alluded to, Villa have ST holders both sides of the away section.  You would have empty seats for empty seats sake if you didn’t use them for away fans.  Why deprive fans who travel away regularly for no other reason than vindictiveness?  

All your regular away fans will get tickets for VP and then some.  Furthermore, only Birmingham & Millwall have been given the reduced 2000 allocations.  You may have had yours dropped from 2600 to 2400 but certainly not down to 2000.

13 hours ago, City exile 79 said:

I disagree. I have never been to villa park. I can’t get an away ticket.

They use to give away teams the whole entire end behind the goal. Are they scared the away end will out sing the famous 12th man holt end. 

Sorry . But they can kiss my big fat arse

The away fans only got the lower tier behind the goal which is the same capacity as the side where away fans are now housed.

If you can’t get a ticket for Villa, it can only mean that you don’t have an away history.

9 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Remind us again what your average away following is.  How many did you take to Wigan?  Yet you want to start dictating to other clubs how many tickets you want for selective games.

Villa sell out allocations every week, not just once in a blue moon because everyone fancies a big day out.

As others have alluded to, Villa have ST holders both sides of the away section.  You would have empty seats for empty seats sake if you didn’t use them for away fans.  Why deprive fans who travel away regularly for no other reason than vindictiveness?  

All your regular away fans will get tickets for VP and then some.  Furthermore, only Birmingham & Millwall have been given the reduced 2000 allocations.  You may have had yours dropped from 2600 to 2400 but certainly not down to 2000.

I don't quite think you understand fully... 

Last season we were only given 2.1k by villa, 700 below what you give other clubs. We sold it out quickly but we were given no more tickets. However our club is willing to give you 3.4k, despite the fact you have 15k extra seats in your stadium. That makes very little sense, especially when you have 10k empty seats every week. 

I don't think comparing a trip to Wigan and a trip to yours, especially considering the distance/how often we've played at both grounds is exactly a fair comparison... 

3 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Get your facts right before coming on here, 2100 tickets were given to us last year also a reduced allocation the year before, not the 2600 you quote,  we sold out both times within a few days, why deprive fans who want to go to your wonderful stadium for no other reason than vindictiveness? Their are some City fans who would rather sit in the Atyeo stand but instead our club, out of fairness decide to give that whole stand to away fans. If you think it’s fair enough to give away fans  just 4% of your capacity that’s your right

16 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

The away fans only got the lower tier behind the goal which is the same capacity as the side where away fans are now housed.

If you can’t get a ticket for Villa, it can only mean that you don’t have an away history.

Oh how I’d love for you lot to go bust.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I don't quite think you understand fully... 

Last season we were only given 2.1k by villa, 700 below what you give other clubs. We sold it out quickly but we were given no more tickets. However our club is willing to give you 3.4k, despite the fact you have 15k extra seats in your stadium. That makes very little sense, especially when you have 10k empty seats every week. 

I don't think comparing a trip to Wigan and a trip to yours, especially considering the distance/how often we've played at both grounds is exactly a fair comparison... 

6000 seats are not available as the top tier of the Trinity doesn’t open.  That brings the capacity down to around 36,000.  Away fans are allocated between 2400 and 2700 dependant on their previous behaviour/track record.  I think you will find that is significantly more than 4% that people have decided is the percentage of away tickets at VP.

If you were given less than 2400 tickets, this will have been on the say so of WMP, not Villa.

I think that comparing Wigan is perfect.  It shows that all your regular away fans will be guaranteed tickets for Villa and only the day trippers will miss out.  In our case, 3400 covers our hard core regular away supporters, not our day trippers.

4 minutes ago, Diddlydonkey said:

Oh how I’d love for you lot to go bust.

Funny that - I couldn’t give a flying one either way about you lot.

13 minutes ago, harrys said:

Get your facts right before coming on here, 2100 tickets were given to us last year also a reduced allocation the year before, not the 2600 you quote,  we sold out both times within a few days, why deprive fans who want to go to your wonderful stadium for no other reason than vindictiveness? Their are some City fans who would rather sit in the Atyeo stand but instead our club, out of fairness decide to give that whole stand to away fans. If you think it’s fair enough to give away fans  just 4% of your capacity that’s your right

4%?

Maths not your forte?

26 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

2,100 last season. 

2 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

6000 seats are not available as the top tier of the Trinity doesn’t open.  That brings the capacity down to around 36,000.  Away fans are allocated between 2400 and 2700 dependant on their previous behaviour/track record.  I think you will find that is significantly more than 4% that people have decided is the percentage of away tickets at VP.

If you were given less than 2400 tickets, this will have been on the say so of WMP, not Villa.

I think that comparing Wigan is perfect.  It shows that all your regular away fans will be guaranteed tickets for Villa and only the day trippers will miss out.  In our case, 3400 covers our hard core regular away supporters, not our day trippers.

Funny that - I couldn’t give a flying one either way about you lot.

You have 6000 seats not used because you can’t sell them, the capacity of your ground is still 42000 leaving us with having between 4-5% of your capacity, which is completely ridiculous...

Strangely more people are going to go to an away game that is 2 hours away than a 9 hour round trip on sky, so comparing Wigan with a trip to yours is pretty ridiculous. We average around 1.3k away and had 500 at Wigan, therefore all of our regular away fans didn’t go...

3 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

4%?

Maths not your forte?

42875/2100=4.9% he isn’t drastically off

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You have 6000 seats not used because you can’t sell them, the capacity of your ground is still 42000 leaving us with having between 4-5% of your capacity, which is completely ridiculous...

Strangely more people are going to go to an away game that is 2 hours away than a 9 hour round trip on sky, so comparing Wigan with a trip to yours is pretty ridiculous. We average around 1.3k away and had 500 at Wigan, therefore all of our regular away fans didn’t go...

42875/2100=4.9% he isn’t drastically off

1.3k means that every one of your away fans will be guaranteed a ticket for Villa with several hundred more still available.

You also have empty seats because you cannot sell them.  The difference is that yours are in the existing away section.  We have a section of the ground that remains closed for cost cutting purposes.  Are you seriously suggesting that Villa should go to the expense of opening that section, moving our own ST holders just to accommodate a handful of day trippers who fancy a once a year away game?

As for the %, as I previously explained, the away allocations average at around 2600 out of 36000.  If you received 2100, it was on the say so of the police, not Villa.  Hence it makes no difference how much the ground holds, the police only want the minimum amount of away fans there in your case.

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

I might be mistaken but I thought I read somewhere that your ground holds 43,000, if so that means you give us under 5%

OK, one last time.  After this, you are on your own.

Villa did not reduce your allocation - The police did.

The capacity of our ground in the Championship is 36000, not 43000.  It is not cost effective to open the top tier of the Trinity so the away allocation is actually bigger percentage wise than you would get at other grounds - Not that you’d know as there is not the scramble for tickets from you for these games and you never sell out.  I don’t see you moaning about Leeds only giving you 2K tickets for example but because we dare to be situated only 2 hours away, we are deemed to be satan.

42 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Not living in Bristol means  my away history in the last few years is better my home history. Tickets for villa very rarely go past season ticket holders.

15 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

OK, one last time.  After this, you are on your own.

Villa did not reduce your allocation - The police did.

The capacity of our ground in the Championship is 36000, not 43000.  It is not cost effective to open the top tier of the Trinity so the away allocation is actually bigger percentage wise than you would get at other grounds - Not that you’d know as there is not the scramble for tickets from you for these games and you never sell out.  I don’t see you moaning about Leeds only giving you 2K tickets for example but because we dare to be situated only 2 hours away, we are deemed to be satan.

And that last paragraph sums up why everyone hates your club. 

Really hope you go into administration...

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And that last paragraph sums up why everyone hates your club. 

Really hope you go into administration...

Better to be hated than to be insignificant no marks.

You do realise we have one of the top 3 wealthiest owners in the country?  There is more chance of your selling out at Wigan than there is of us going into administration.

Archived