IGNORED

Aston Villa's Allocation/Sold (Merged)

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all,

3443 ticket have been sold in the Atyeo on Friday night to the away fans. We are guaranteed a minimum of 3,000 when we go to Villa Park if not more. 

Matt 

I refer @anotherdayinparadise to the above.

If 2,900 is the max it holds though, that's an improvement for sure!

@JamesBCFC FWIW, I think away followings should be big, plus safe standing for home and away- big away followings help big atmospheres. 3k in a ground like Villa Park, Goodison- let alone the bigger grounds (think 50k upwards)- it's piddling! 

I doubt the authorities would let it happen, but how great would it be to see a whole end like used to happen given to away fans. In the past, say the 70's a club might  simply say 'That stand behind the goal- away end. Visiting side can have it all', well I've read it online anyway!

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I refer @anotherdayinparadise to the above.

If 2,900 is the max it holds though, that's an improvement for sure!

@JamesBCFC FWIW, I think away followings should be big- big away followings help big atmospheres. 3k in a ground like Villa Park, Goodison- let alone the bigger grounds (think 50k upwards)- it's piddling! 

I doubt the authorities would let it happen, but how great would it be to see a whole end like used to happen given to away fans. In the past, say the 70's a club might  simply say 'That stand behind the goal- away end. Visiting side can have it all', well I've read it online anyway!

Not a league game, but Man City away was fun last season.

As was West Brom in the FA Cup 2015-16.

Back in League 1, Coventry away in the promotion season was weird. Think we had about 4k (memory may be wrong) and the crowd total was around 9k.

All fantastic days out, and more memorable than Cov away in 13-14 (when they were in Northampton),  or Cheltenham away in 14-15 and being part of a larger away crowd was undoubtedly a part of that.

Edit- Cov away 2014-15 was "over 3700" dont know exact number.

34 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Ah okay, so you can choose to disregard actual attendance figures and pluck a figure out of the air for your 'hardcore' away support, whereas we must base ours on one of our longest away trips, on Sky, on a Friday night? Righto, understood.

How do you suggest I determine our hardcore support if we sell out small allocations?

You rarely sell out allocations and your average is 1300.  It is easy to determine but if we had been given more tickets at Sheff U, Hull & Ipswich, then our average would have been greater.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

No idea who Matt Parsons is 

@anotherdayinparadise he's our supporters liaison officer.

What I'm intrigued about is why Villa have been given a bigger allocation when we've been advised in the past this wouldn't happen 

Not sure whether @Matt Parsons BCFCSLOor @JulieHcan advise us? 

Oh god, have we got Villa fans with a god complex now joining our forums? Seeing them on twitter is hard enough, let alone the cretins actually bothering to log onto our site.

To the tosspot villa fan, I'd concern yourself about filling your home ground first, rather than trying to berate other teams away support, having to close a whole end of your stand is pretty embarrassing for a "big" club ?:rofl2br:

2 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Oh god, have we got Villa fans with a god complex now joining our forums? Seeing them on twitter is hard enough, let alone the cretins actually bothering to log onto our site.

To the tosspot villa fan, I'd concern yourself about filling your home ground first, rather than trying to berate other teams away support, having to close a whole end of your stand is pretty embarrassing for a "big" club ?:rofl2br:

I’m quite happy with our position of number 1 in the Championship attendance charts thank you.

32000 average is very good and higher than at least half in the PL.

I wasn’t berating your support either.  I was simply pointing out that it doesn’t justify a bigger allocation at VP.

10 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

The problem with Villa Park is that the ground is too big for the amount of fans that attend

What is it with Villa fans, over the years i’ve talked  to many WBA & B’ham fans who are sound and have no visions of grandeur or superiority yet it seems every fan I meet seems to have a chip on their shoulder, maybe it’s spending too long in the prem’ being a small fish in a big pond

12 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

I’m quite happy with our position of number 1 in the Championship attendance charts thank you.

I wasn’t berating your support either.  I was simply pointing out that it doesn’t justify a bigger allocation at VP.

But surely Aston Villa, the biggest club in the entire universe, who can buy who they want when they want, especially with the 3rd richest owner in the country, should be averaging more than 32000 at home?

That doesn't quite make sense...

42 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

If you get 2900 then you’ll be the first.

Personally, I hope you don’t just because I know how much it upsets you all.

Could happen- 3k with potential for more-if what our FLO has said is true- now wouldn't that stick in the craw...

Our fans and WMP have a particularly bad relationship though which seems to go back to the late 1980's (mostly WMP to blame)- did you know a group of our fans are suing for false imprisonment from a case of 2015? So it wouldn't surprise me to see them trying block it it on 'safety' grounds.

@phantom It would be interesting to know that for sure. My personal guess is fears of numbers of away fans in home ends, but I'm sure Matt Parsons and Julie H will put that theory right and tell us the real reason.

26 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Comes to something when a supporter of Aston Villa - former European champions - takes such delight from being the best attended club in the second tier, in an attempt to berate fans of the mighty Bristol City (Most Football League Trophy wins, thank you very much).

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could happen- 3k with potential for more-if what our FLO has said is true- now wouldn't that stick in the craw...

Our fans and WMP have a particularly bad relationship though which seems to go back to the late 1980's (mostly WMP to blame)- did you know a group of our fans are suing for false imprisonment from a case of 2015? So it wouldn't surprise me to see them trying block it it on 'safety' grounds.

@phantom It would be interesting to know that for sure. My personal guess is fears of numbers of away fans in home ends, but I'm sure Matt Parsons and Julie H will put that theory right and tell us the real reason.

I doubt there would have been many in home sections on a Friday night.

I would take Mr Parsons claims with a pinch of salt at this stage if I were you.  The fact that he thinks there’s a potential for more than 3K casts doubt on the credibility of what he was told.  That has never happened before and I can’t see Bristol setting a precedent.

I don’t know why your allocations have been reduced previously but I would look for 2600/2700 if I were you and if you get a couple of hundred more, consider it a bonus.  Is there this obsession with tickets when you play Blues or WBA?

8 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

I would take Mr Parsons claims with a pinch of salt at this stage if I were you.  The fact that he thinks there’s a potential for more than 3K casts doubt on the credibility of what he was told.  That has never happened before and I can’t see Bristol setting a precedent.

I don’t know why your allocations have been reduced previously but I would look for 2600/2700 if I were you and if you get a couple of hundred more, consider it a bonus.  Is there this obsession with tickets when you play Blues or WBA?

No, because we know we'll probably be playing them both next season, however this could be our last chance to play at villa Park before you go down... 

7 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Birmingham and WBA dont limit our allocation like Villa do, so there's no need for it.

But, there was a similar discussiom at the end of the 2016-17 season home game against Birmingham.

Villa aren't as special as you think, this is a topic that comes up 3-4 times a season, but it isn't going to come up right before an away trip to one of our furthest journeys when the game is televised is it?

18 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Wouldn't be so sure- there are bound to be some, depends how many Villa fans live in and around Bristol, North Somerset etc I guess and are able to get tickets.

Could it be a reciprocal arrangement?

Whereby we give a higher allocation- 2,600-2,700 has been our standard arrangement for away fans in the League this year. IMO Forest would have filled the whole stand had it been on offer, I dare say Villa would too. Anyway the reciprocal arrangement thing basically we get a higher allocation than we have before at Villa Park, or perhaps interestingly the highest in the League in some time in exchange for upping yours from about 10% of capacity.

Because by rights, we could have given you 2,000 and said that's your lot- as per the EFL rules, 2k or 10% of capacity- the latter when the ground holds under 20,000.

8 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Better to be hated than to be insignificant no marks.

You do realise we have one of the top 3 wealthiest owners in the country?  There is more chance of your selling out at Wigan than there is of us going into administration.

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

So insignificant that you've signed up to our forum and started posting? Right... 

Oh and having a wealthy owner means nothing, he can only put a certain amount into the club before FFP comes knocking, which won't be too long the way you've been spending... 

7 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

FFP will not put us into administration.  If we were that desperate, we’d give you the extra allocation that you think you have a divine right to.

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Ffp won't, but the points deduction you'll get will lead to you staying down in this league. Which will in turn lead to your owners getting bored and then in turn the club going bust... 

And I hardly think the 30k you'd get from giving us a decent allocation would help sort out your financial problems 

As JBFCII states, your problems are now FFP not Administration.  Cash flow was your issue in the summer, now resolved by the injection of cash from the new money men.  Your big issue is keeping your allowable losses within the £39m limit for the 3 years 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19.  You are going to have to prepare both your predicted accounts for this season, as well as your official accounts for 17/18 in March this year.  If Birmingham’s FFP issues are made an example of / made a precedent, you may find the EFL going to town if you’ve seriously flouted FFP.  Points deductions, transfer embargoes, etc.

You may like to read this by Mike Thornton.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/aston-villa-ffp/

I think the losses are overstated (guesswork by me), so I’ve asked him what his basis was.

Grealish, possibly Kodjia could be your get out of jail free cards, but you’d have to sell them in January if you think you aren’t gonna meet the £39m losses....you can’t wait to see if you get promotion or not.  Grealish’s new contract might just be a smokescreen to push up the price in January?  Even if you do, the EFL can stop you going up based on the predicted accounts.

The loopholes that QPR used have been closed.

2 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

In what way am I/our fans deluded or arrogant?

that is just stereotypical nonsense that adds value to your drivel.

You are the ones who think we should bend over backwards to accommodate your big day out.  Now that IS being deluded and arrogant.

Ohhh the irony in this post

:laughcont:

You are clearly such an uneducated (As well as an arrogant p***k) buffoon , you didn’t understand so , as you typed it.

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Intelligence levels remain low in Birmingham

Arrogance remains at all time high

2 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

You won’t get any more tickets no matter what you do.

Whether you limit ours is entirely down to your club.

You people need to stop thinking with tunnel vision.  If by some miracle you ever play in the PL, you will find that nobody gives you more tickets.  Even Spurs at Wembley limit away fans to the minimum.

Your club chose to give us more tickets, blame them, not us.

What you will find , if you actually had any form of brain is that many of us are in no rush to, , and quite a few couldn’t give a flying **** about ever being part of that circus

Unlike you precious little soles , who have exhausted the UKs supply of Pampers as you throw record amounts of money whilst getting a regular bloody nose in Championship as your fans fight amongst themselves and everyone laughs at you in your whining pitiful attempts to ‘get back up’

No doubt money , nothing else , will get you back there one day .......to once again suffer being demolished and embarrassed by decent sides, properly built , as you desperately avoid a relegation fight annually

Brilliant 

If you don’t go up this year I think we may be laughing at you in this division a fair while longer

:yawn:

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As JBFCII states, your problems are now FFP not Administration.  Cash flow was your issue in the summer, now resolved by the injection of cash from the new money men.  Your big issue is keeping your allowable losses within the £39m limit for the 3 years 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19.  You are going to have to prepare both your predicted accounts for this season, as well as your official accounts for 17/18 in March this year.  If Birmingham’s FFP issues are made an example of / made a precedent, you may find the EFL going to town if you’ve seriously flouted FFP.  Points deductions, transfer embargoes, etc.

You may like to read this by Mike Thornton.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/aston-villa-ffp/

I think the losses are overstated (guesswork by me), so I’ve asked him what his basis was.

Grealish, possibly Kodjia could be your get out of jail free cards, but you’d have to sell them in January if you think you aren’t gonna meet the £39m losses....you can’t wait to see if you get promotion or not.  Grealish’s new contract might just be a smokescreen to push up the price in January?  Even if you do, the EFL can stop you going up based on the predicted accounts.

The loopholes that QPR used have been closed.

I was responding to some clown who suggested that we may go into administration.

I have confidence in the men who own the club.  They are clearly aware of the implications of ffp yet we have continued to spend and turned down £25mil for Grealish.

I don’t worry about ffp as it doesn’t seem to be an issue.  Whether that means that Grealish goes in January, I don’t know.  The contract will almost certainly have a buyout clause in it.

2 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

I was responding to some clown who suggested that we may go into administration.

Fair enough

I have confidence in the men who own the club.  They are clearly aware of the implications of ffp yet we have continued to spend and turned down £25mil for Grealish.

You would like to think so.  The Venkys had no idea you could be relegated out of the Prem....true story!

I don’t worry about ffp as it doesn’t seem to be an issue.  

On what basis do you think it won’t be an issue?  You managed to rack up £7m losses when you were getting £40.9m in parachute payments!!  This season you’re only getting £15m, yet you don’t seem to have curtailed spending, certainly on loans, even if you e not spent much in transfer fees.  Net spend is a load of irrelevant bollox these days.  I think most of us don’t really mind Villa either way, same with Boro, but when Bruce and Pulis start moaning about their squads it winds us up.

Whether that means that Grealish goes in January, I don’t know.  The contract will almost certainly have a buyout clause in it.

£60m I heard, not that anyone would pay that....nor do you have to sell for that much.

Serious question....if you sell Grealish (if you’re selling it’s because you need to, so won’t be Re-investing it), would that scupper your promotion hopes?

• Admin
2 hours ago, harrys said:

What is it with Villa fans, over the years i’ve talked  to many WBA & B’ham fans who are sound and have no visions of grandeur or superiority

Interestingly, I know a number of Villa fans, before they got relegated I lost a sportsmans bet and ended up going to an FA Cup tie a few years back and they were all very humble and welcoming to a "guest" Bristol City fan.

True story, the lad I lost out to, lost the bet the following season so he was a guest of mine at Wembley against Walsall (sure he got the better of the deal). 

When they got relegated the signs of grandeur started and stories of European nights became part of our conversation all of a sudden. 

Last season a few of us went to their pub called The Yenton (am sure our villa visitor will know it) in Erdington and apart from one young lad, all the older guys realised just how far they had fallen, obviously as the season went on they started believing their own hype, so can't say I didn't have a little grin on my face walking away from Twickenham (saracens v Exeter) when I heard Fulham had won the play off final. 

4 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

In what way am I/our fans deluded or arrogant?

that is just stereotypical nonsense that adds value to your drivel.

You are the ones who think we should bend over backwards to accommodate your big day out.  Now that IS being deluded and arrogant.

Goodness grief.

On 25/09/2018 at 15:50, Mr Popodopolous said:

Except I'm not sure it's as simple as that- because in recent years.

• Newcastle in 16/17 were given 2,800 there which surely is lower than the max allocation.
  • Birmingham- in a Cup tie no less in 2015- also got only 2,800 there. Despite theoretical League Cup rules giving 15% of capacity!
  • Hell Sheffield Wednesday other week, only got 2,600.
  • Fairly sure Leeds only got 2,400 there the other year.

In 16/17 the allocation was 2800. Everyone got that apart from us and Birmingham who got under 2500.

Last season the allocation was reduced to 2400. Everyone got that apart from us, Millwall, and Birmingham who got 2100.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t believe that ffp will be an issue because not only were we prepared to pay £6mil for Bryan but we’ve also made a couple of expensive loan signings.  That is hardly the action of someone who is concerned about ffp.  I’m convinced that our new owners have found a way to circumvent the immediate ffp issues, otherwise we’d have reduced our wage bill, not increased it.

If you think Grealish would have signed a contract with a £60mil release clause, then you want your head looking at.  It will be £25mil max, probably less.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Interestingly, I know a number of Villa fans, before they got relegated I lost a sportsmans bet and ended up going to an FA Cup tie a few years back and they were all very humble and welcoming to a "guest" Bristol City fan.

True story, the lad I lost out to, lost the bet the following season so he was a guest of mine at Wembley against Walsall (sure he got the better of the deal). 

When they got relegated the signs of grandeur started and stories of European nights became part of our conversation all of a sudden. 

Last season a few of us went to their pub called The Yenton (am sure our villa visitor will know it) in Erdington and apart from one young lad, all the older guys realised just how far they had fallen, obviously as the season went on they started believing their own hype, so can't say I didn't have a little grin on my face walking away from Twickenham (saracens v Exeter) when I heard Fulham had won the play off final. 

This is exactly what I mean when I talk about stereotyping.

No hype kicked in, nor should it have.  Villa were never near the top 2 last season and most fans had/have no confidence in Bruce to achieve promotion.

I know it makes good reading to portray Villa fans as some deluded, arrogant bunch who believe they have a divine right to promotion but even your own post contradicts itself as you admit that the guys in the Yenton accept how far we’ve fallen.  You can’t have it both ways.  Please think through what you are posting.

Archived