IGNORED

Aston Villa's Allocation/Sold (Merged)

Never to the dark side

Ark at this fella coming on here mocking a Sky following from last Friday.... Villa didn’t sell out at at Blackburn last week and didn’t even sell out here last season when on Sky. 

You don’t sell out everywhere, you sell out the majority but Leeds United in terms of away support you are not. They averaged more than you again last season, imagine what your away support would be like after 15 years down here.

30 minutes ago, Rapax said:

I can't say I have any feeling one way or the other. They've never really done anything to make me hate them. Got battered last year but that's football for you.

What I don't get is why the club have taken a point to give them more. Fair enough if everybody is allowed more but  they're not and I wager that only them and Leeds get this.

If that is the case then perhaps it's because their away followings pose the most risk of trouble and so it's better to make sure none get in the home end, as has been said, then I get that. But it seems odd that the police on this thread stated "they will only get 2600" when they have a history of misbehaving and last year got on the pitch.

I'd say this allocation most likely for the reasons of no away fans in home ends- not necessarily for the reasons you outline

Example:  Aston Villa score either first or an equaliser. Fans who watch them in pub or lapsed fans- but ordinary fans not hooligans- in home ends stand and start cheering because they don't 'get it'.

Home fans won't take kindly to that and rightly so, then you have a potential flashpoint on your hands.

I get that there are fans who may go in home ends to cause issues as well, but in this instance both scenarios are apppicable yet both would cause issues!!

I couldn't make it down last year and only saw highlights.

Fans on pitch- was this a case of actually invading the pitch or more like a few overexcited fans celebrating wildly and spilling over a bit?

28 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I absolutely despise Aston ******* villa and there arrogant tosspot fans. 

Hope they don’t go up . And hope the shit hits the fan . Tossers 

Have to say that I stood up for them a bit last year or the year before, as I have family friends that support Villa and they took me to see them back in the day, as well as City 

However ****s like this one seem to be more and more visible recently and their billy big balls, holier than thou approach is turning me to view them as a very unlikeable lot atm. Bring on Friday, the vocals will be going up a further notch that’s for sure. Really hope we stuff ‘em. 

4 minutes ago, Rapax said:

They took 4000, hardly poor is it?

Don't stoop to his level as you just end up looking foolish. 

Show me where I said it was poor. That wasn’t the point, “anotherdayinparadise” claims they sell out away days every week and used our following at Wigan that was a Friday night on Sky against us, so I’ll prove that it’s nonsense by giving you a few examples of their away followings on Sky from last season.

Bristol City (A) August 2017 - circa 3,100/3,700.

Preston (A) November 2017 - circa 3,000/6,000.

Sunderland (A) March 2018 - circa 1,250/3,000.

Nowhere have I claimed these are poor followings, I’m just proving his claim to be wrong. Those are just Sky followings as well, I could point you to other away ends they didn’t sell out last season despite being in and around the top 6 all season.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not really. 

We have 4,200? Seats available in the Atyeo stand. Less the amount that can’t be sold by law/legislation, why not sell as many as we can, especially at £30+ a pop. 

I agree that it’s nonsense that the WMP restrict our allocation at Villa Park, but whatever they allocate us is irrelivent to us opening up more seats for sale, in a stand that would otherwise be vastly under populated. 

Is it WMP that restricts our allocation? One for our resident plod

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No it’s not irrelevant. If we are handing over 4,000 tickets in a 27,000 seater stadium, when Villa/WMP are giving us an allocation half the size in a stadium not far off twice the size, and therefore denying our supporters the opportunity to attend, then we are handing them the unfair advantage of substantially more support across the two games. Even if it only affects performance on the pitch by 1%, it could make a critical difference.

I really think the club should be taking a stand on this on behalf of supporters.

Generally I agree with the broad notion of giving away fans a decent allocation for all the reasons I’ve already identified in this thread. The club makes more money and the atmosphere improves. But it’s only fair if there is a reciprocal arrangement.

I can see all the points you make and agree generally, but it would be cutting off our nose to spite our face, if we didn’t sell them seats that will be empty otherwise. 

Their away end wouldn’t allow for them to give us as many as we’ve given them, regardless of any WMP limitations being enforced. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Complete bollocks, sorry. 

Your capacity is 43k? Not 36k. 

Your club choose not to open the top tier because you can’t fill it (generally)

You opened it for the game Vs Derby when you had a crowd of 41k, so it’s not that it CAN’T be used, it’s just not usually needed. 

So what you’resaying Is that their ground is to big for them !!!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can see all the points you make and agree generally, but it would be cutting off our nose to spite our face, if we didn’t sell them seats that will be empty otherwise. 

Their away end wouldn’t allow for them to give us as many as we’ve given them, regardless of any WMP limitations being enforced. 

Couple more points here - it’s not guaranteed those seats would otherwise have been empty. With strong advance sales there’s still a fair chance this game may sell out, which means a few home fans may well miss out. They could have been housed in the Atyeo as per cup games last season.

And it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for them to reconfigure their away area to increase the capacity. We’ve chopped and changed plenty of times in recent years, shifting season ticket holders in the process.

But regardless, the point remains that unless we are given a full allocation this season (albeit less than the Atyeo), then the two sets of fans are not being treated equally.

3 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all,

3443 ticket have been sold in the Atyeo on Friday night to the away fans. We are guaranteed a minimum of 3,000 when we go to Villa Park if not more. 

Matt 

3000! Excellent Matt - thanks for the response. I hope WMP have agreed to this!

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Come on..! 

Your away support is fantastic, nobody is questioning that, so there’s no need to “do a Bristol Rovers” on this. 

Your average away following this season is 2,246 (as at 11th September)

So it’s not like you need 3,400 to satisfy your regulars. 

Having said that, I’m all for selling away teams as many tickets as they can sell, in the Atyeo stand. 

It generates more revenue, creates a better atmosphere & that creates a bigger occasion. 

If having big numbers backing the team each week made that much difference, shouldn’t you really be back in the Premier league already..?! 

Enjoy your trip to our wonderful city. Commiserations on then having to return to Birmingham..!

We're all "there to see the Villa"

One can only assume they have a large away following because it's an excuse to get out of Birmingham.

1000 more coming on Friday than their average this season? They've obviously heard what a wonderful city Bristol is.

5 hours ago, Rapax said:

To be fair only Leeds averaged more than them and the year before they averaged more than Leeds and Newcastle.

Villa are easily one of the best supported clubs in the league. Plenty to hate about them, but their support numbers isn't something to knock.

35,500 last Saturday is good for a mid-table 2nd division club!

To be even fairer, it would help if Harry could read, or at least understand what the word “around “ actually means.

Once he’s done that,he might be able to comprehend the difference between having no money and being obligated to comply with ffp.

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@anotherdayinparadise 

In the Championship it’s interesting of the attitude of the supporters of those Clubs that

#OMG

#ONLYTHECHAMPIONSHIP

#DISASTER

?

..........get relegated 

Some are sensible ,(  like their clubs get their heads down and go straight back up and good luck to them)

Villa fans , of which you appear a prime example have more or less sealed the award for the most deluded , arrogant, cry baby fans with a laughable sense of entitlement that I think I’ve witnessed

It's this arrogance that will continue to fuel the pleasure of Clubs like ours p*****g on your promotion plans ,as and when we can

You will , eventually escape purely because you’ve had a massive stroke of fortune in new rich owners

In the meantime you continue to be the laughing stock of the Championship for the ridiculous sums you’ve spent trying to return to a Premier League relegation fight and your arrogant dickead fans who seem to spend most of their time fighting each other

In what way am I/our fans deluded or arrogant?

that is just stereotypical nonsense that adds value to your drivel.

You are the ones who think we should bend over backwards to accommodate your big day out.  Now that IS being deluded and arrogant.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Come on..! 

Your away support is fantastic, nobody is questioning that, so there’s no need to “do a Bristol Rovers” on this. 

Your average away following this season is 2,246 (as at 11th September)

So it’s not like you need 3,400 to satisfy your regulars. 

Having said that, I’m all for selling away teams as many tickets as they can sell, in the Atyeo stand. 

It generates more revenue, creates a better atmosphere & that creates a bigger occasion. 

If having big numbers backing the team each week made that much difference, shouldn’t you really be back in the Premier league already..?! 

Enjoy your trip to our wonderful city. Commiserations on then having to return to Birmingham..!

Our allocations this season have included games at Hull, Sheffield U & Ipswich.  All of which are around 2000.  Obviously that will influence the average figure.  3400 is IMO a truer reflection of our regular away supporters.

I wouldn’t stereotype Birmingham either.  It is no better and no worse than other cities, your own included.

2 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Our allocations this season have included games at Hull, Sheffield U & Ipswich.  All of which are around 2000.  Obviously that will influence the average figure.  3400 is IMO a truer reflection of our regular away supporters.

I wouldn’t stereotype Birmingham either.  It is no better and no worse than other cities, your own included.

Ah okay, so you can choose to disregard actual attendance figures and pluck a figure out of the air for your 'hardcore' away support, whereas we must base ours on one of our longest away trips, on Sky, on a Friday night? Righto, understood.

3 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

In what way am I/our fans deluded or arrogant?

that is just stereotypical nonsense that adds value to your drivel.

You are the ones who think we should bend over backwards to accommodate your big day out.  Now that IS being deluded and arrogant.

You’re a deluded **** wit aren’t you. Big day out? In Aston, that well known ‘jewel’ of the Midlands? In your decrepit old dump of a stadium that when I visited last felt like no money had been spent on it in decades and that it could be a fire hazard at any point (probably why the away fans are limited actually come to think of it - health and safety).  Na, don’t so ‘mate’.

Judging by your away stats though and the fact you’ve sold 1k more than you usually do each week, you lot can’t wait to come to a proper city that’s not a massive dump, for a big day out. Here’s hoping you get f all from it. 

1 minute ago, El Hombrecito said:

Ah okay, so you can choose to disregard actual attendance figures and pluck a figure out of the air for your 'hardcore' away support, whereas we must base ours on one of our longest away trips, on Sky, on a Friday night? Righto, understood.

Definitely no double standards there, none at all... :blink:

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Comparing Wigan away isn't a good comparison at all. 

It was on Sky for starters, no matter what you say, I'd say almost every sky league game won't attract as many fans as it would do if it wasn't on TV. 

Wigan was also on a Friday night. Unless retired, you'd have to book at least a half day off of work (reason I couldn't get there despite wanting to go) this will also obviously impact away attendances. 

Until the limit is removed for our fans at Villa Park, if we're in the same division next year, I hope we limit your allocation here. Maybe the fans on both sides pressuring the clubs/police to stop limiting us at Villa Park is what's needed. 

You won’t get any more tickets no matter what you do.

Whether you limit ours is entirely down to your club.

You people need to stop thinking with tunnel vision.  If by some miracle you ever play in the PL, you will find that nobody gives you more tickets.  Even Spurs at Wembley limit away fans to the minimum.

Your club chose to give us more tickets, blame them, not us.

3 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Base yours on whatever you like.  It’s still way under your allocation at VP

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

You’re a deluded **** wit aren’t you. Big day out? In Aston, that well known ‘jewel’ of the Midlands? In your decrepit old dump of a stadium that when I visited last felt like no money had been spent on it in decades and that it could be a fire hazard at any point (probably why the away fans are limited actually come to think of it - health and safety).  Na, don’t so ‘mate’.

Judging by your away stats though and the fact you’ve sold 1k more than you usually do each week, you lot can’t wait to come to a proper city that’s not a massive dump, for a big day out. Here’s hoping you get f all from it. 

If it’s not your big day out, why do you bleat so much and demand more tickets than double your average following?

We sell what we’re given each week.  It’s not my fault that most teams stick to their guns and don’t increase our allocation.

10 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

You honestly think that Birmingham, your clubs local area of it inparticular, but I certainly mean in general, is as nice as Bristol..?! 

Wow! 

2 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

If it’s not your big day out, why do you bleat so much and demand more tickets than double your average following?

We sell what we’re given each week.  It’s not my fault that most teams stick to their guns and don’t increase our allocation.

Because it’s one of our closest games. Same reason as you. 

19 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

To be even fairer, it would help if Harry could read, or at least understand what the word “around “ actually means.

Once he’s done that,he might be able to comprehend the difference between having no money and being obligated to comply with ffp.

Ha ha. Very weak retort. 

The figure is 2780. If I was to say ‘around’ that figure I’d say “we average around 2800”. I think you are the one who needs to get a grip of the term “around”. 

Re your second point. What the dickens has it got to do with FFP? I quoted you as saying you have the “3rd most wealthy owner”, and that you don’t open 6,000 of your seats due to “cost-cutting”. Nowt to do with FFP buddy. You might want to understand the sheer contradiction of those two statements and how your argument came across as arrogant. Think about it. 

9 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

You won’t get any more tickets no matter what you do.

Whether you limit ours is entirely down to your club.

You people need to stop thinking with tunnel vision.  If by some miracle you ever play in the PL, you will find that nobody gives you more tickets.  Even Spurs at Wembley limit away fans to the minimum.

Your club chose to give us more tickets, blame them, not us.

According to @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO the allocation for Villa away looks like being 3,000, WMP notwithstanding. :thumbsup:

Don't know if you missed his post, or if you 'missed' it because you disliked it.

That said I do agree with you on one point, in PL though clubs in a lot of cases have the ability to give a large away allocation on paper, clubs or perhaps local authorities/police do tend to restrict it.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

According to @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO the allocation for Villa away looks like being 3,000, WMP notwithstanding. :thumbsup:

Don't know if you missed his post, or if you 'missed' it because you disliked it.

That said I do agree with you on one point, in PL though clubs in a lot of cases have the ability to give a large away allocation on paper, clubs or perhaps local authorities/police do tend to restrict it.

In the Premier League the minimum is 3000 though, barring exceptions in smaller grounds like Bournemouth.

So this entire debate wouldnt be happening.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No idea who Matt Parsons is but to date, nobody has been given 3000 at VP in the Championship.  Even Sheff We’d (who are much better supported than you and who gave us 4500) only had 2700 on Saturday.

Lets see if you get 3000.  I’ll be very surprised if you do.  The whole away section only holds 2900 and 400 seats have always been kept empty for segregation.

Archived