IGNORED

Aston Villa's Allocation/Sold (Merged)

Never to the dark side

7 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

This is exactly what I mean when I talk about stereotyping.

No hype kicked in, nor should it have.  Villa were never near the top 2 last season and most fans had/have no confidence in Bruce to achieve promotion.

I know it makes good reading to portray Villa fans as some deluded, arrogant bunch who believe they have a divine right to promotion but even your own post contradicts itself as you admit that the guys in the Yenton accept how far we’ve fallen.  You can’t have it both ways.  Please think through what you are posting.

You only came to see the Villa...
Songs about it being our cup final..
Still thinking you should be in the premier league..
Sounds arrogant to me...here's hoping you have a few more years "down here" yet

11 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

In 16/17 the allocation was 2800. Everyone got that apart from us and Birmingham who got under 2500.

Last season the allocation was reduced to 2400. Everyone got that apart from us, Millwall, and Birmingham who got 2100.

Thanks- will look into that.

Fairly sure read different things though, I remember searching and seeing a Sheff Wed fan querying why they had the lowest allocation at Villa Park- perhaps they gave bigger allocations in their PL days? 

Did a quick search and according to Villa themselves, last season 2,900- however they do/did have a tendency to reduce allocation for clubs whose fans persistently stand.

Sure @anotherdayinparadise could enlighten us on this?

1 hour ago, pommers65 said:

You only came to see the Villa...
Songs about it being our cup final..
Still thinking you should be in the premier league..
Sounds arrogant to me...here's hoping you have a few more years "down here" yet

Who thinks we should be in the PL?  Have you just made this up to add value to your claims?  These statements are very silly and are becoming tedious.  Nobody has claimed we should be in the PL and we are where we are on merit.  I know that doesn’t fit in with your stereotypical nonsense and doesn’t make such outrageous reading but it’s the truth.

As for the chants, they are merely banter although there is no doubt that VP remains a big day out for Championship sides, hence the scramble for tickets amongst visiting fans.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks- will look into that.

Fairly sure read different things though, I remember searching and seeing a Sheff Wed fan querying why they had the lowest allocation at Villa Park- perhaps they gave bigger allocations in their PL days? 

Did a quick search and according to Villa themselves, last season 2,900- however they do/did have a tendency to reduce allocation for clubs whose fans persistently stand.

Sure @anotherdayinparadise could enlighten us on this?

You are correct.

The allocation has remained the same throughout our 2 and a bit seasons in the Championship.

I don’t know how the allocations are determined but for example, in the 16/17 season, Leeds and Cardiff (and maybe some others) were only given 2400 whilst others had 2800.  I suspect that police, including visiting teams police have an influence on figures as well as Villa basing their decisions on previous behaviour by teams who have visited VP in the past.

2 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

You are correct.

The allocation has remained the same throughout our 2 and a bit seasons in the Championship.

I don’t know how the allocations are determined but for example, in the 16/17 season, Leeds and Cardiff (and maybe some others) were only given 2400 whilst others had 2800.  I suspect that police, including visiting teams police have an influence on figures as well as Villa basing their decisions on previous behaviour by teams who have visited VP in the past.

What is the actual point of you visiting this forum..?

You just keep repeating yourself and are doing a very good job of living up to the “stereotype” that you so seem to dislike. 

Some away fans come on here and provide interesting, courteous, informative opinion & banter. And then there are those like you...! 

19 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You honestly think that Birmingham, your clubs local area of it inparticular, but I certainly mean in general, is as nice as Bristol..?! 

Wow! 

Brum is very decent in places and a proper shithole in others like most big cities. Not as nice as Bristol but I doubt many claim it to be.

Fact is, we should give them the bare minimum allocation. **** all this "generate an atmosphere" crap. Everyone knows that away fans, nearly all of whom are stood, will generate more of an effect than the sat down, steward monitored home fans, and despite some saying what we should do, the fact is, most big away followings drown us out. Therefore, for the sake of £30,00 or so, less extra steward and police costs, I am all for trying to keep the away support as quiet as possible.

33 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Brum is very decent in places and a proper shithole in others like most big cities. Not as nice as Bristol but I doubt many claim it to be.

Fact is, we should give them the bare minimum allocation. **** all this "generate an atmosphere" crap. Everyone knows that away fans, nearly all of whom are stood, will generate more of an effect than the sat down, steward monitored home fans, and despite some saying what we should do, the fact is, most big away followings drown us out. Therefore, for the sake of £30,00 or so, less extra steward and police costs, I am all for trying to keep the away support as quiet as possible.

However in certain games, is there or is there not the possibility of decent numbers of away fans in home ends?

That has potential undoubtedly to cause disorder. How do you stop Villa fans who may have had memberships or been to some games or have a 'BS' postcode from getting into home ends? Some will sit and watch quietly, some might  get gobby- like a bag of revels you don't know what you will get.

Therefore, the club may see it as less of a risk to give a bigger allocation to stop the risk of away fans in home stands- definitely if we got into the PL it would be a problem v Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea IMO.

PLUS in the PL, the rules are 3k allocation, so this would be roughly what would happen if we go up.

29 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Presumably in return you are happy to miss out on that away ticket you wanted because our allocation has been reduced to the minimum, and for memorable big away days like Coventry, MK Dons, Reading and Fulham to be a thing of the past?  And you are happy for our own team not to benefit from a large away following in just the same way you are keen to prevent visiting teams from doing so?

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Presumably in return you are happy to miss out on that away ticket you wanted because our allocation has been reduced to the minimum, and for memorable big away days like Coventry, MK Dons, Reading and Fulham to be a thing of the past?  And you are happy for our own team not to benefit from a large away following in just the same way you are keen to prevent visiting teams from doing so?

Yes I am because I firmly believe that my club would pick up more points with a noisier home crowd.

Taking your examples, I am absolutely certain that Coventry, nor  MK would hand over so many tickets if they were getting decent gates, and Fulham has a massive area left for so called neutrals so with respect I could rock up there if they reduced City's allocation to 2,000.

Clubs who can greatly fill their stadiums aren't often so generous with away tickets and for good reason.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

However in certain games, is there or is there not the possibility of decent numbers of away fans in home ends?

That has potential undoubtedly to cause disorder. How do you stop Villa fans who may have had memberships or been to some games or have a 'BS' postcode from getting into home ends? Some will sit and watch quietly, some might  get gobby- like a bag of revels you don't know what you will get.

Therefore, the club may see it as less of a risk to give a bigger allocation to stop the risk of away fans in home stands- definitely if we got into the PL it would be a problem v Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea IMO.

PLUS in the PL, the rules are 3k allocation, so this would be roughly what would happen if we go up.

That is indeed a possible issue but one that should be dealt with the same sort of heavy handedness that is meted out on home fans. Arrest and banning order.

If someone sits on their hands and keeps their mouth shut then no issue, but a ***** like that Leeds fan deserves everything provocative behaviour brings.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

That is indeed a possible issue but one that should be dealt with the same sort of heavy handedness that is meted out on home fans. Arrest and banning order.

If someone sits on their hands and keeps their mouth shut then no issue, but a ***** like that Leeds fan deserves everything provocative behaviour brings.

Agreed.

Was simply flagging it as a potential reason for the allocation. Unsure of grounds for arrest but ejection and banning order surely feasible.

6 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

As for the chants, they are merely banter although there is no doubt that VP remains a big day out for Championship sides, hence the scramble for tickets amongst visiting fans.

The “scramble for tickets”... 5 sides have played at Villa Park in the league this season, 1 sold out (Sheff Wed) ?

25 minutes ago, harrys said:

You can be quite pedantic at times

Yep, I know I’m guilty of that. But in my defence, on this occasion I was just correcting a statement that was simply incorrect, I can see how that comes across as pedantic,  but to post ‘Villa have no away games anywhere the same distance as ours at Wigan’ is just incorrect....and some people just believe everything that is posted on here without knowing if it is actually true...I take your point though...cheers 

22 hours ago, phantom said:

@anotherdayinparadise he's our supporters liaison officer.

What I'm intrigued about is why Villa have been given a bigger allocation when we've been advised in the past this wouldn't happen 

Not sure whether @Matt Parsons BCFCSLOor @JulieHcan advise us? 

I understand it was a club decision to give them a further allocation. 

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Yes I am because I firmly believe that my club would pick up more points with a noisier home crowd.

Taking your examples, I am absolutely certain that Coventry, nor  MK would hand over so many tickets if they were getting decent gates, and Fulham has a massive area left for so called neutrals so with respect I could rock up there if they reduced City's allocation to 2,000.

Clubs who can greatly fill their stadiums aren't often so generous with away tickets and for good reason.

Strange that you think the team would benefit from a noisier home crowd but not a larger away following. I don’t see how there is a net gain there.

Anyway if it’s a nosier home crowd you’re after I don’t actually think a smalller away allocation correlates to that - if anything it’s the opposite.

16 hours ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

I don’t believe that ffp will be an issue because not only were we prepared to pay £6mil for Bryan but we’ve also made a couple of expensive loan signings.  That is hardly the action of someone who is concerned about ffp.  I’m convinced that our new owners have found a way to circumvent the immediate ffp issues, otherwise we’d have reduced our wage bill, not increased it.

If you think Grealish would have signed a contract with a £60mil release clause, then you want your head looking at.  It will be £25mil max, probably less.

Of course FFP won’t be an issue for you. Ha ha. Are you sure. 

https://www-telegraph-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/19/aston-villa-sack-european-scout-ian-atkins-steve-bruce-faces/amp/?usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ffootball%2F2018%2F09%2F19%2Faston-villa-sack-european-scout-ian-atkins-steve-bruce-faces%2F

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I know I’m guilty of that. But in my defence, on this occasion I was just correcting a statement that was simply incorrect, I can see how that comes across as pedantic,  but to post ‘Villa have no away games anywhere the same distance as ours at Wigan’ is just incorrect....and some people just believe everything that is posted on here without knowing if it is actually true...I take your point though...cheers 

No problem

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

I understand it was a club decision to give them a further allocation. 

Just wanted to say Julie that it is great that our police liaison officer follows otib - and makes comments on here quite frequently.

I am a great supporter of the police. A tough job and you get loads of unjustified abuse. 

Keep up the good work ! 

Archived