IGNORED

Aston Villa's Allocation/Sold (Merged)

Never to the dark side

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Cups might have different rules regarding allocations IIRC, but yeah in the League 100% think so too.

@JulieH Would be a progressive initiative IMO. Might add also, if it's possible- and I get it might not be possible and it wouldn't be in your hands- but I believe Reading FC had an initiative called a 'Stewards Forum'. In particular Senior Stewards, Safety Officer, Deputy Safety Officer etc being part of it might help too, help increase mutual understanding etc.

It’s certainly that type of presentation that they would fit iinto, I will ask the safety officer and see if it is something either him or some of his staff would also like to be involved in . Very much a work in progress at the moment but very often a lot of fans concerns on here can be addressed once they know the systems that are in place by  police and the safety team regarding planning , policing and stewarding a match. 

19 minutes ago, JulieH said:

It’s very much a club decision with regards to away allocation however in general away fans previous behaviour inside the concourse, whether they have encroached onto the pitch , and anything which is considered to be a higher risk by the stadium safety officer. is considered. 

As you are aware the front rows have been netted which has so far stopped any pitch incursion but obviously this will also affect the available away seats than can be allocated. 

The away stand will be all away still with the front rows being netted as you have seen. 

I know it’s very general reply but from a police perspective it is the club and the safety officer who decide on allocation , and we then may or may not be requested by them to assist in the policing of the event.

going slightly off topic I am hoping to arrange a presentation type evening where we can present how we police and why at football, and a brief summary of how it all goes hand in hand with a partnership approach with the football club. Not sure if fans would want this but some other forces have done it with success  and great feedback ! 

Will there be nibbles  ?

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Did they? I can’t recall that....not saying you’re incorrect but just can’t remember that....mind you, can’t really remember what I did this morning....

Yeah when they scored I think. 

Its happened a couple of times I think hence the netting across the front rows now.

16 hours ago, JulieH said:

It’s very much a club decision with regards to away allocation however in general away fans previous behaviour inside the concourse, whether they have encroached onto the pitch , and anything which is considered to be a higher risk by the stadium safety officer. is considered. 

As you are aware the front rows have been netted which has so far stopped any pitch incursion but obviously this will also affect the available away seats than can be allocated. 

The away stand will be all away still with the front rows being netted as you have seen. 

I know it’s very general reply but from a police perspective it is the club and the safety officer who decide on allocation , and we then may or may not be requested by them to assist in the policing of the event.

going slightly off topic I am hoping to arrange a presentation type evening where we can present how we police and why at football, and a brief summary of how it all goes hand in hand with a partnership approach with the football club. Not sure if fans would want this but some other forces have done it with success  and great feedback ! 

I Think the Gas would welcome you with open arms .

:whistle2:

16 hours ago, JulieH said:

Perhaps make it a compulsory event as part of ticket pick up for say, Milwall away.

I would love to see 100 CStone Island clad CSF “finiest” being taught about partnership with the police. I’d even pay to attend that!

(Joking of course before any one takes me too seriously)

3 hours ago, RightUpInCider said:

Perhaps make it a compulsory event as part of ticket pick up for say, Milwall away.

I would love to see 100 CStone Island clad CSF “finiest” being taught about partnership with the police. I’d even pay to attend that!

(Joking of course before any one takes me too seriously)

Now there’s a thought! 

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Think some may need to look at the bigger picture here, the club need to keep the crowd under 25k over 4 games is it? To stop them having to pay for resident parking.

Maybe we blew our chance of promotion last season so we wouldn't have to pay for residents parking, :laugh: 

27 minutes ago, Neo said:

Be like W-S-M in the summer/autumn/winter/spring

As our club don’t miss a money making trick, what’s the odds they will hire some slot machines for the day?

They were also going to hire some donkeys but the boys north of the river have cornered that market

Of course Villa fans will try to have brought tickets/perhaps have brought tickets for a week on Friday in home ends- it's fairly obvious.

They are a historically big club with fans across the country (next tier down from Leeds, who in turn are a tier down from Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal). Plus geographical mobility- i.e. people moving across the country.

By the way if we reach the PL, expect this problem to be a recurring one- remember the Leeds game 2011? Though ticket procedures are a million times better now.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Of course Villa fans will try to have brought tickets/perhaps have brought tickets for a week on Friday in home ends- it's fairly obvious.

They are a historically big club with fans across the country (next tier down from Leeds, who in turn are a tier down from Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal). Plus geographical mobility- i.e. people moving across the country.

By the way if we reach the PL, expect this problem to be a recurring one- remember the Leeds game 2011? Though ticket procedures are a million times better now.

Certainly remember the Leeds game in 2011 and one Leeds fan was a tier below, especially when he "moved" down the Dolman rather quickly! ?

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We hear this all the time when "big" clubs come to AG and although there will probably be a few in corporate, I doubt many will be in home ends. The club have tightened up on these scenarios over the past few years with regard to sales history, postal areas etc especially, as you say, after the Leeds game a few years back.

11 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

We hear this all the time when "big" clubs come to AG and although there will probably be a few in corporate, I doubt many will be in home ends. The club have tightened up on these scenarios over the past few years with regard to sales history, postal areas etc especially, as you say, after the Leeds game a few years back.

Let's hope so- quite a lot of Brummies in and around Weston, dunno if that's just holiday makers or they have moved down there, but it becomes harder to detect if they have BS postcodes.

Not even impossible that some will take in a few City games, or have a membership and then buy in home ends- this isn't exclusive to us btw, it happens up and down the country away fans in home ends, but especially when bigger clubs are away to teams.

• Admin
45 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Agree it does get a bit tiresome, it rarely happens, and 99% of opposition fans would be sensible enough to STFU anyway

The Leeds lad was an exception as he was a pissed up idiot

Archived