IGNORED

Bristol Sport's view on 2017/18

tin

@Davefevs or @Mr Popodopolous the ones probably most able to assist in simple terms for those not fully comprehending of the finances

As my limited understanding is we get £7 milllion from TV rights

Ive estimated Gate income / receipts @ £25 avg 22000 per home game = £14.3 million for season

Even without considering any other revenue streams that’s a 20 million plus income yet we are likely to end up £20 million down 

..........add the extra revenue from the Cup run last season ....

Whats is the basic reason we are likely to lose so much again

or should I say WTf is the money going, in simple terms ?

Wages ?

Too large a squad ?

transfer / signing on fees  

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@Davefevs or @Mr Popodopolous the ones probably most able to assist in simple terms for those not fully comprehending of the finances

Ive estimated Gate income / receipts @ £25 avg 22000 per home game = £14.3 million for season

Even without considering any other revenue streams that’s a 20 million plus income yet we are likely to end up £20 million down 

Wages ?

Too large a squad ?

The three in bold!

However the 3 players sold have redressed the balance

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(Sorry Dave) - what’s our wage bill .

About £18 million .?

Way off - £17.9m ?

But that’s 16/17....I suspect that increased significantly in 17/18.....SL himself said we are now paying around the top half of the Champ.

58 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wages ?

Too large a squad ?

I've looked at the accounts- for both Bristol City FC and Bristol City Holdings, and surprisingly for 16/17, our ST revenue £2,940,291 and Matchday revenue £2,079,485.

What isn't wholly clear is if the latter is including all sales on a matchday or just matchday tickets. Anyway, the aggregate total of that is £5,019,766.

Most of the broad brush figures are the same between the 2- what is interesting however,  is Sale of Goods and Rendering of Services.

2016/17- BCFC Holdings v BCFC- Differences

Sales of Goods £4,964,054 v £681,751=£4,282,303

Rendering of Services £4,684,305 v £1,993,804=£2,690,501

Total difference between the 2- £6,972,804- I think.

@Bristol Rob

Interesting you should mention- saw a graphic on it a while back. That was for 16/17 though- which is the most recent results we have for the division.

DlG6y8fWwAIyEt6.jpgDlG60E3XoAAfl9q.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've looked at the accounts- for both Bristol City FC and Bristol City Holdings, and surprisingly for 16/17, our ST revenue £2,940,291 and Matchday revenue £2,079,485.

What isn't wholly clear is if the latter is including all sales on a matchday or just matchday tickets. Anyway, the aggregate total of that is £5,019,766.

Most of the broad brush figures are the same between the 2- what is interesting however,  is Sale of Goods and Rendering of Services.

2016/17- BCFC Holdings v BCFC

Sales of Goods £4,964,054 v £681,751

Rendering of Services £4,684,305 v £1,993,804

Difference £6,792,804.

@Bristol Rob

Interesting you should mention- saw a graphic on it a while back. That was for 16/17 though- which is the most recent results we have for the division.

DlG6y8fWwAIyEt6.jpgDlG60E3XoAAfl9q.jpg

Thanks Mr P

Frustrating That all the info available is so far behind

Would you disagree that our income must be up around 25 ? 30 ? Million currently ?

( I would guess the current  ‘table’ would look similar with a few clubs changing but everyone’s income and expenditure increasing)

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks Mr P

Frustrating That all the info available is so far behind

Would you disagree that our income must be up around 25 ? 30 ? Million currently ?

( I would guess the current  ‘table’ would look similar with a few clubs changing but everyone’s income and expenditure increasing)

Agreed Bob- we can't get a clear picture of the current state of play until all the info for last season. We'll not know until the late winter, early Spring for most of last season I reckon for the division as a whole- we're usually fairly prompt with our accounts, maybe sometime in December? They're due for sure by the end of Feb next year though.

£25-30m? Maybe- you mean for the season just gone?  Depending on how it's all measured the sales this summer will surely give a big boost, if only a once off because we I can't see generating as much in transfer revenue on annual basis. If we can brilliant- it's testament to our academy and our scouting, but IMO it'd be unrealistic to expect consistently bringing in such fees each summer. It's possible of course but I'd have thought closer to £25m than £30m last season.

You also mention £7m in TV rights in another post- according to the accounts, that  £7m or thereabouts figure is a total of Solidarity Payment + Football League Pool and Broadcasting Revenue.

'Table' should look fairly similar once Parachute Payments included- without maybe some differences because Newcastle's near £50m income without including Parachute Payments speaks for itself. In the sense that I think they were a bit of an anomaly at this level, size of Gates they had when they were down here etc- hell theirs according to that Graphic was the fourth biggest even after including Parachute Payments.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed Bob- we can't get a clear picture of the current state of play until all the info for last season. We'll not know until the late winter, early Spring for most of last season I reckon for the division as a whole- we're usually fairly prompt with our accounts, maybe sometime in December? They're due for sure by the end of Feb next year though.

£25-30m? Maybe- you mean for the season just gone?  Depending on how it's all measured the sales this summer will surely give a big boost, if only a once off because we I can't see generating as much in transfer revenue on annual basis. If we can brilliant- it's testament to our academy and our scouting, but IMO it'd be unrealistic to expect consistently bringing in such fees each summer. It's possible of course but I'd have thought closer to £25m than £30m last season.

You also mention £7m in TV rights in another post- according to the accounts, that  £7m or thereabouts figure is a total of Solidarity Payment + Football League Pool and Broadcasting Revenue.

'Table' should look fairly similar once Parachute Payments included- without maybe some differences because Newcastle's near £50m income without including Parachute Payments speaks for itself. In the sense that I think they were a bit of an anomaly at this level, size of Gates they had when they were down here etc- hell theirs according to that Graphic was the fourth biggest even after including Parachute Payments.

It would be further skewed by Sunderland getting relegated I suppose, the assumption being that clubs with parachute payments either stay in the division or move up.

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sorry I should have clarified -    I was estimating 25/30 million without the transfer fees received for Flint & Co

From Tv package, gate receipts, merchandise, food, corporate etc etc

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry I should have clarified -    I was estimating 25/30 million without the transfer fees received for Flint & Co

From Tv package, gate receipts, merchandise, food, corporate etc etc

Ah from standard income- as opposed to potentially one off, non-recurring such as Flint etc.

Between £20-25m I'd have thought- I know the club are increasing revenue streams all the time, but that would still be quite the leap- unless TV money has leapt up.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It would be further skewed by Sunderland getting relegated I suppose, the assumption being that clubs with parachute payments either stay in the division or move up.

That's true. A disappointing thing about this season is the Parachute Payments- took a quick look at WBA and Swansea accounts for 16/17 and remove parachute payments and their income is in the same bracket (let's call it £20-25m) as us- could have been a real opportunity. Stoke seemed to have a bit more going on commercially or something- £27m maybe if we took that income and ignored parachute payments, which surprised me a bit- inc. solidarity payments etc, £34m, £35m.

On 04/10/2018 at 10:07, ExiledAjax said:

Also interesting* to hear the ticketing strategy for the Man Utd game was 100% targeted at maximising revenue.

When we drew Man United in the cup, we came up with something quite neat: if you wanted to get a ticket for the game, you had to be a member. Membership is the next level down from being a season ticket holder. We basically told people they couldn't get a ticket if they weren't members. As a result, we had a massive spike in members and half-season tickets."

*depressing

To clarify: More members and season/half-season ticket sales are excellent.  The shame of it is that they used the actual ability to purchase a Man Utd ticket as the leverage to increase those numbers.  Really those tickets should have been for long-suffering fans, those of us who have endured matches like last night's, or those that went to the Watford away game earlier in last season's League Cup run.  What is said here is that "When we drew Man United" the club immediately saw ££ and prioritised new money from new "fans" without much care for their ludicrously loyal patrons.  That is a sign of what would come in the Premier League IMO.

Not much difference to any other football club. Even City some sixty years ago when we had big money spinning cup ties against Blackpool with Stan Matthews or Rovers. We queued for hours in the cold and rain with little guarantee of a ticket unless you were a Supporters Club member.

That will never change and actually I believe the Club did the right thing and raked in as much as they could.

On 04/10/2018 at 11:23, Taz said:

I'm not the biggest LJ fan (topics been done to death though), but this guy obviously really dislikes him!!

Surely views like that should be kept in house?

Fact is if we would have spent £10m on a striker, rather than loaning damaged goods, theres a strong possibility that we wouldnt be in this league anymore.....

"Had"

Sorry to single you out, just something that really bothers me, removing the meaning by putting something past tense into the future; a bit like when Americans say "I could care less" when that means exactly the opposite of what they intend.

Whilst I'm at it, the modern misuse of the word "legit". Legitimate does not mean "genuine/ly".

I'll get me coat

Archived