IGNORED

Jokanovic - Good match for City ?

Major Isewater

Would have a lot to recommend him- 2 promotions and a playoff campaign, plays 4-3-3, excellent football.

On the flipside, it seemed to take his Fulham about 4-5 months to get going which isn't ideal- but when they do...

That said, I'm not in the LJ out camp at this stage, but yeah he would be an impressive appointment.

Look how many changes he has made to his premier league team. People say LJ uses a tombola....

Obviously a good manager at this level but usually on sides with money and talent. A good % of the teams he promoted have current premier league players. City do not and often will not have that type of talent. 

34 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Look how many changes he has made to his premier league team. People say LJ uses a tombola....

Obviously a good manager at this level but usually on sides with money and talent. A good % of the teams he promoted have current premier league players. City do not and often will not have that type of talent. 

He would play a 4-3-3 though, well would be likely to. This is true about money and talent, but this overlooks his early work at Fulham when he kept them up narrowly- took him a while to implement too. He's promoted 2 sides, Watford didn't have PL players or many of them, but did have players from their boards tieup with Udinese and Granada.

@billywedlock Too many changes in the summer too I feel, 14 new players- lost loanees, obvious he had to make changes but chopping and changing. Think he's better in some ways than LJ tactically.

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He would play a 4-3-3 though, well would be likely to. This is true about money and talent, but this overlooks his early work at Fulham when he kept them up narrowly- took him a while to implement too. He's promoted 2 sides, Watford didn't have PL players or many of them, but did have players from their boards tieup with Udinese and Granada.

@billywedlock Too many changes in the summer too I feel, 14 new players- lost loanees, obvious he had to make changes but chopping and changing. Think he's better in some ways than LJ tactically.

Was a bit tongue in cheek tbh. An upgrade for sure but not sure there is a manager out there that would guarantee us playoff contenders. 

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Another pointless thread............:disapointed2se:

A) there is no vacancy at AG B) Jokanovic knows nothing about Bristol City other than who the owner is.

Another who doesn't understand English. 

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

It's what happens when your blood sugar level is too low ?

Not you Tone . 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Someone explain ' hypothetically ' to our friend please . 

Sorry Major. My speed-reading technique is clearly failing me. Or my brain is becoming more goldfish-like by the day. I honestly scrolled down through the comments and by that time had forgotten seeing that magic word slipped in there.

32 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Sorry Major. My speed-reading technique is clearly failing me. Or my brain is becoming more goldfish-like by the day. I honestly scrolled down through the comments and by that time had forgotten seeing that magic word slipped in there.

In fact your brain  saw exactly what it  wanted to see . 

It took the easy route , the one where the responses are already programmed. 

Ask yourself this question, 

who's in control ? You or your brain ?

Fascinating stuff psychology .

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Another pointless thread............:disapointed2se:

A) there is no vacancy at AG B) Jokanovic knows nothing about Bristol City other than who the owner is.

You think a championship manager only knows about the oppositions owner? 

That’s probably the least likely of all things he will know.

From playing us a few times he will know our squad well, formation, types of players etc. 

50 minutes ago, spudski said:

..however most clubs don't have a blueprint like ours, and not many would agree to it...so it's all useless thinking about it.

Been saying that all along Spudski.....but still LJs critics are like tramps overcoats - always on......

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Been saying that all along Spudski.....but still LJs critics are like tramps overcoats - always on......

Indeed...and so many fans fail to realise, except or simply understand what we are doing as a Club.

I would actually appreciate SL or LJ doing a comprehensive interview on tape actually reiterating the clubs philosophy.

Plus...I think it would help LJ with the fan base if he actually showed more emotion when interviewed.

Whether it's a win or a loss...it's exactly the same emotion. whilst I appreciate a more level headed approach...and it's respected amongst his peers, when it comes to an emotional fan base, they often require an emotional response.

This is why Cotts and Warnock do well with football fans...they are tuned in to how many feel. They may not be right...but it does help, whether you agree with it or not.

It's the same reason why much of the population will watch all the soaps, Jeremy Kyle, Love Island and such bullshit...it satisfies certain parts of the masses.

Sad as it is...TV viewing figures don't lie. Same with football.

From our own Website...

Our vision: a first team squad built on a core of home-grown talent

Our goal is to become the premier club of the South West. We aim to be innovative in our practices in order to achieve sustainable success at the highest level. Both the first team and the Academy are working towards a common goal to create a squad built on a core of home-grown talent.

To achieve our goals, we will:

• Continue to develop and optimise our talent
  • Identify and attract talent into our system
  • Plan and build our new training ground with first class facilities and the aim to strengthen our club
  • To develop and maintain a structure with clear role profiles, responsibilities and performance measures to track progress against our objectives

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Our vision: a first team squad built on a core of home-grown talent

I always find it easier to get behind a vision if there’s a time scale connected to it.  What target are we working towards?

Archived