IGNORED

Have we slipped into the relegation spots?

reddogkev

I only ask as the mood on here is as low as I can recall.  All doom and gloom, only perked up by the Major's decent comedy (thanks Major, I used to bloody love Reginald Perry and often thought of heading to W.S.M and just leaving a pile of my clothes next to the dirty water).

It is depressing reading.  Sounds like we are bottom of the table, 5 points adrift. 

Is anybody still happy that City are competing in the Championship?  And yes, believe it or not, we are still competing.  Even the poor result on Saturday (for me, probably not for you) should have been a draw.  We would have beat Stoke a few weeks backs had Butland not decided to play like Superman ...

The negativity is enough to drive a man to tears!

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I only ask as the mood on here is as low as I can recall.  All doom and gloom, only perked up by the Major's decent comedy (thanks Major, I used to bloody love Reginald Perry and often thought of heading to W.S.M and just leaving a pile of my clothes next to the dirty water).

It is depressing reading.  Sounds like we are bottom of the table, 5 points adrift. 

Is anybody still happy that City are competing in the Championship?  And yes, believe it or not, we are still competing.  Even the poor result on Saturday (for me, probably not for you) should have been a draw.  We would have beat Stoke a few weeks backs had Butland not decided to play like Superman ...

I strive for balance and generally look for the positives, but in no way did we deserve a draw on Saturday. It was a festering turd of a performance and we deserved everything we got.

Saturday was so bad, it was a turning point for many of us.

I don’t think the negativity is particularly related to the league position at the moment; as you say, we’re mid-table. It’s rather the stagnation in the team, the unentertaining football, the inconsistency of our performances, the sense that we’re no longer progressing forwards, and that Johnson is not showing any signs of being able to take us any further than he already has.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

OTIB is no place for sensible thoughts Kev

I don’t think that’s fair. Of course there are silly extremes, but plenty of us try to offer considered and balanced views.

Can't agree about Saturday @reddogkev we were in no way good enough to get a point IMO.

Reading away, you could make a case for a point and Stoke at home definitely for a draw at worst, if not for Butland and the woodwork- don't think we have necessarily got the rub of the green at times this season though either- with better finishing I think we would have perhaps between 2-4 more points over the course of the season. Did we merit a loss to Sheffield Wednesday for example, also Wigan though we were terrible we conceded from their only shot on target which suggests that both sides were little good and a point apiece maybe fairer.

That said, the tactics have been poor, the team selections at times random, the  recruitment hit and miss, probably man management that isn't great...

20 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

When we won 3 on the trot earlier this season, you wanted to give a LJ a job for life, so it's not just the negative's that are over egged!!

Don't know how often you actually go to games but for me (ST Holder) I've not really enjoyed many games since January. A few glimpses here and there but the lack of a game plan makes for too many disjointed performances.

I looked at the calendar on the weekend and realised we only had 2 home games between now and Christmas, 1 of which I can't make...and I was quite relieved!!

38 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Not yet. But we’ll be there after the next 6 games!!:grr:

A bold statement. It may turn out to be true. It may not.

But if I were as confident about it as you appear to be, I'd be staking my house, life savings etc. on it and laughing all the way to the bank. 

26 minutes ago, glynriley said:

When we won 3 on the trot earlier this season, you wanted to give a LJ a job for life, so it's not just the negative's that are over egged!!

Don't know how often you actually go to games but for me (ST Holder) I've not really enjoyed many games since January. A few glimpses here and there but the lack of a game plan makes for too many disjointed performances.

I looked at the calendar on the weekend and realised we only had 2 home games between now and Christmas, 1 of which I can't make...and I was quite relieved!!

Well I don't think I said 'job for life', but yes, I did heap a bit too much praise on Lee Johnson, in hindsight I'd be a bit more reserved when judging the merits of Lee.

I tend to go to 1 home game in 3, due to finances, and the next will be Millwall, which should be a good game, with a cracking atmosphere.

16 minutes ago, Red7 said:

A bold statement. It may turn out to be true. It may not.

But if I were as confident about it as you appear to be, I'd be staking my house, life savings etc. on it and laughing all the way to the bank. 

Just thought i’d add to the gloomy post of the OP!!

not wanting to ‘happy clap’ at all but if we even get 4 points out of that lot i’d b astonished after our recent form. 

• Admin
58 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

It's all because we have been here before and LJ more than that at his other clubs

All if's and but's about other games - but one thing we can't hide behind is the FACT that since the start of 2018 we are in RELEGATION form!

• Admin
52 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

According to some on here, our position in the table is absolutely irrelevant as our form since January means we are doomed. 

Obviously form since January is more important than form since August mind... 

Simple reply - it points to how long we have been in freefall, the only reason we are not worse off yet is we are not that far into this season yet

Use the 2018 form as an indicator of what is to come - as we all know that EVERY season LJ has been a manager he has had at LEAST one of these long periods of time where he loses his way and his teams are nothing short of relegation fodder 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can I ask

How many games have you seen this season @reddogkev. To form your assessment ?

Were you there Saturday ?

No, wasn't there on Saturday, went to Stoke before though (see above - tend to go to 1in every 3 home games).  My verdict on the match was a consideration of the highlights (lowlights?) and the write-ups.  Appreciate that if it was terrible on Saturday, my mood may be different, but we're still in the middle of the table as things stand.  For the record, I don't expect this team to have a fear of relegation, I still see us recovering a bit of form and finishing top ten.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

No, wasn't there on Saturday, went to Stoke before though (see above - tend to go to 1in every 3 home games).  My verdict on the match was a consideration of the highlights (lowlights?) and the write-ups.  Appreciate that if it was terrible on Saturday, my mood may be different, but we're still in the middle of the table as things stand.  For the record, I don't expect this team to have a fear of relegation, I still see us recovering a bit of form and finishing top ten.

Ok thanks

Your enthusiasm is admirable

Please don’t be offended if I don’t take great weight on your predictions though - You had us in the Premier League At 3 points of last season 

;)

I agree that the reaction has been unusually negative given our league position (and I'm surprised at how annoyed I was - and still am) but there is a good reason.

Personally I think it's due to being in a state of shock. Saturday wasn't simply a bad day, Reading was the laughably bad day. Saturday was a chance to put it right.

In that context the manner of total non-performance and tactical mess was simply stunning. The sort that makes you revisit whether you can trust team or coach.

There are no expectations, I didn't expect us to finish any higher than mid table but how are we supposed to react when time and again we melt in games like this.

Wigan.. didn't turn up. Rotherham.. didn't turn up for 45. Reading.. WTF. Preston!? Last season was the same at Burton and Millwall, Brentford at home and others.

What have points or league position got to do with anything when you realise these can't all be anomalies. We are fatally and repeatedly flawed somewhere... 

32 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Well I don't think I said 'job for life', but yes, I did heap a bit too much praise on Lee Johnson, in hindsight I'd be a bit more reserved when judging the merits of Lee.

I tend to go to 1 home game in 3, due to finances, and the next will be Millwall, which should be a good game, with a cracking atmosphere.

Near enough.....!!

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/196804-lee-johnson-stay-for-life/

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

You sound a bit desperate mate.

People are pissed off and it is a cumulative thing, as you know full well.

Every club that goes down has a few Butland moments during a season.

Our form over a protracted period has been shite and unlike you the majority appear to be laying the blame at the door of the Head Coach.

Negativity will disappear when form returns or LJ and his rookie mates go

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

You sound a bit desperate mate.

People are pissed off and it is a cumulative thing, as you know full well.

Every club that goes down has a few Butland moments during a season.

Our form over a protracted period has been shite and unlike you the majority appear to be laying the blame at the door of the Head Coach.

Negativity will disappear when form returns or LJ and his rookie mates go

I wouldn't say 22 points in 17 is 'shite'.

In fact that would leave us on 60 points, not quite last seasons tally but still not 'shite'. 

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I wouldn't say 22 points in 17 is 'shite'.

In fact that would leave us on 60 points, not quite last seasons tally but still not 'shite'. 

Protracted doesn't mean 17 games because for me  LJ doesn't get to wipe the slate clean after the final 4 months of last season.

Over the past 11 ish months, our form has in the main been "shite"

If he and his crew were capable of consistent win draw lose runs then that 60 points would be far more palatable as most I know expected mid table, The fact we are now there but only looking one way (again) is what riles people.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Protracted doesn't mean 17 games because for me  LJ doesn't get to wipe the slate clean after the final 4 months of last season.

Over the past 11 ish months, our form has in the main been "shite"

If he and his crew were capable of consistent win draw lose runs then that 60 points would be far more palatable as most I know expected mid table, The fact we are now there but only looking one way (again) is what riles people.

So you're also including last season then? 

If we take when our form really started to dip, the Aston Villa game, only 4 players started that game and also started against Preston, to compare the two is pointless really. 

Instead of looking to a year ago, I personally think that we are much better of at looking to this season where our form has been mid table. 

If you look at the current Form Table over the last 6 matches, we are 18th and 2 points above the relegation zone.

I'd suggest that this Table has more bearing on which way we're heading now rather than anything that went before.

Quite frankly, we are neither a 'mid-table Championship team' nor an 'average Championship team'. Right now, we are not that good.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Seems to be more of a full on Custer's last stand headless chicken charge than a slight trip into the  dogs do,do at the moment after talking to 4 long time old City victims/fan's if you took the choice language out there wouldn't be anything left to describe the PNE match ,the whole game was 1 long boring predictable yawn topped off with 10 outfield men putting in 1 half hearted shot on goal .it's the manner of performances and the endless dullness that saps any hope who really excites the home fans from this current squad as said in other threads who really care's who goes out the door from this lot ?

As for Reggie " leaves on the track at Surbiton" Perry what a classic the hippo mother in law inserts, torrid imagined flings with his secretary, and Great,Super plus the doc's answer " yes i wonder what it is ? to every diagnosis ,the weathers not too bad here in Weston if you fancy a dip ? 

23 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Right now, we are not that good. 

Of course we're not and everyone knows that.  But that's form - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's average, sometimes (like now), it's awful.

We seem to have this same conversation every year regardless of who the manager is.  Whenever we hit a bad bit of form, the forum gets filled with all sorts of doom and gloom predictions about how we're gonna lose every upcoming game and get relegated.

I think it's a lack of hope and belief, had we been consistently putting in good performances but midtable we'd all be ok with it as it's a sign there maybe better to come but instead we've fallen from 4th to 13th with mostly shite performances, people aren't happy because we look far more likely going futher down the table than up. 

Also add the fact the poor final 4 months of last season still fresh in the mind would go someway to explaining why alot of people are in a low mood.  People are worried because the last few performances aren't good enough to keep us comfortably midtable.

Archived